• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Else PO'd

Funny you mention this. I was not carrying but I had a whole bunch of crap in my strong side front pocket. I happened to run into the Chief on my way out. I'm recently licensed and I've known the chief forever so I'm sure he remembers my name coming across his desk to approve my license. My first thought was to wonder if he thought I was carrying. Of course I'm in a very green town, so even if I was carrying I wouldn't have worried about being outed.

That is just the "new to carrying concealed" paranoia setting in. After awhile you won't even think about stuff like that once you get more comfortable with CCW. It's not like he was going to give you a pat down even if you replied "no".

You'd probably get a free green membership and words of sympathy from hundreds of NESers as you went off to jail and we went back to our daily lives of typing to everyone how we'd stand up to tyranny.

[rofl]

Very true. But I still believe there would be some hardy folks on here who would support me should such a scenario ever occur where my non-compliance saved dozens of lives, but lands in me the crosshairs of some a**h*** DA.

As faceless names on a forum, maybe. Nobody in their right mind would go to court for you and testify that it is alright to break the law just in case something might happen. If you are that paranoid about being without a firearm for a few minutes to go and vote you should stay home and vote absentee, with the tin foil securely wrapped around your head.

Did I ask anyone to go court for me? NO.

I don't carry my firearm very often. I can't conceal it at my warehouse job and it would be a nuisance--my back hurts enough as it is. I hardly carry it outside of work since I don't go out much anyway and playing drums with a gun on my hip is obnoxious. Oh, and I've voted every time without a pistol on me, so there goes your assumptions about me being a tinfoiler who can't bear to part with his firearm for a few minutes. I just find it amusing how terrified and compliant with the law some people are.

I was merely stating that I will take my chances with the legal system and the bullshit laws we are subject to. Once again, concealed means concealed and cops don't wear FLIR-enhanced ocular devices yet.

"Liberty is unobstructed action set within the boundaries of others around us, I purposely don't say within the law, because the law is often the tyrants will and always so when it steps on the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson

Awesome quote! And my brain continues to grow on the fine forums at NES.

Yeah, but you'd be braking da law, breakin da law. Why risk losing your LTC for dat?

The difference between gun grabbers using the constitution as toilet paper, and law abiding gun owners trying to hold onto their constitutional and God given rights is just that--The "law abiding" part.

an illegal law shouldn't be followed.....especially one that puts me in danger. just saying...

Do you really believe this or did you just feel like being dramatic?

So true, yet we carry for one reason. And if, at the school voting booth, some whacko starts shooting and you "unconceal" your weapon, fire and eliminate the threat to your life and save several other innocent moms, pops and their kids they brought to the polls, you will a) be arrested... b) lose your LTC - forever... c) go to jail....d) be sued by the family of the young gentleman attacker who was "misunderstood", "just getting his life back together" and e) Deval will visit the attackers family personally and console them in their grief, promising to eradicate the state of vicious, heinous criminals like YOU.......[smile]

Which is fine as long as Gavin is not responsible for getting the ballots out. I love his commercials talking about how important voting is, that is of course your are an active duty or reserve soldier over seas.

Which is even more rich, he's not in jail.

He is part of the machine how can he go to jail

Back
Top Bottom