• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Else PO'd

That in order to avail yourself of your Constitutional right to vote you have to be deprived of your right to bear arms simply because I vote in a school? Something ironic/wrong/stupid going on here....

Rant end.

Granted it does depend on the location but it is still wrong. It reminds me of the story of when Roosevelt went to visit his loyal troops in North Africa, but they were all disarmed first and kept 300 feet back while the Secret Service trained SMGs on the soldiers. Apparently, Patton was no pleased...

Absentee vote at your Town Hall. You can legally ccw there and no lines, no waiting. And you don't need an excuse to do this either.

Absentee vote at your Town Hall. You can legally ccw there and no lines, no waiting. And you don't need an excuse to do this either.

Which is fine as long as Gavin is not responsible for getting the ballots out. I love his commercials talking about how important voting is, that is of course your are an active duty or reserve soldier over seas.

Which is even more rich, he's not in jail.

Funny you mention this. I was not carrying but I had a whole bunch of crap in my strong side front pocket. I happened to run into the Chief on my way out. I'm recently licensed and I've known the chief forever so I'm sure he remembers my name coming across his desk to approve my license. My first thought was to wonder if he thought I was carrying. Of course I'm in a very green town, so even if I was carrying I wouldn't have worried about being outed.

Derek, agreed wrt ballots for those overseas for any reason. Any responsible gov't official who doesn't use extraordinary means to ensure that every military person serving outside the area of their "home of record" has an opportunity to vote and that vote recorded should be tried and jailed for civil rights violations.

My town had absentee ballots the same day Galvin's TV ads started to appear.

Concealed means concealed.

Not every cop is Columbo.

pretty much.

some dick behind a desk on Beacon Hill doesn't hold you in high regard when he votes to make you a target, so **** him....

And then again, these retards in this state continue to vote the same retards in, so I don't hold them in high regard, either. The retard, or the voter....

NPR told me that the democrat candidates had an average of 28 point leads over the republicans in this special election.

is that voter suppression ? Can I have a lot of money now ? .... i need it to pay for all the investing my government intends to do on infrastructure and trains and little kids and stuff.

Yeah, but you'd be braking da law, breakin da law. Why risk losing your LTC for dat?

The difference between gun grabbers using the constitution as toilet paper, and law abiding gun owners trying to hold onto their constitutional and God given rights is just that--The "law abiding" part.

Granted it does depend on the location but it is still wrong. It reminds me of the story of when Roosevelt went to visit his loyal troops in North Africa, but they were all disarmed first and kept 300 feet back while the Secret Service trained SMGs on the soldiers. Apparently, Patton was no pleased...

FDR was a tyrant and it's no coincidence the congress acted so quickly in passing the 22nd Amendment; there were probably plenty of people who wanted to do FDR harm (despite revisionist history of St. Franklin de Roosevelt).

Yeah, but you'd be braking da law, breakin da law. Why risk losing your LTC for dat?

The difference between gun grabbers using the constitution as toilet paper, and law abiding gun owners trying to hold onto their constitutional and God given rights is just that--The "law abiding" part.

And exactly how would I or anyone else get caught?

So true, yet we carry for one reason. And if, at the school voting booth, some whacko starts shooting and you "unconceal" your weapon, fire and eliminate the threat to your life and save several other innocent moms, pops and their kids they brought to the polls, you will a) be arrested... b) lose your LTC - forever... c) go to jail....d) be sued by the family of the young gentleman attacker who was "misunderstood", "just getting his life back together" and e) Deval will visit the attackers family personally and console them in their grief, promising to eradicate the state of vicious, heinous criminals like YOU.......[smile]

And exactly how would I or anyone else get caught?

Had a nice chat with our election monitoring officer about his Glock 27 sidearm. Found it interesting that he went with a compact as his primary service weapon.

I went with a 1911, in the spirit of America. Concealed meant concealed, and our polling place is in a municipal gym anyway, not a school (although the school uses it for sporting events).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

So true, yet we carry for one reason. And if, at the school voting booth, some whacko starts shooting and you "unconceal" your weapon, fire and eliminate the threat to your life and save several other innocent moms, pops and their kids they brought to the polls, you will a) be arrested... b) lose your LTC - forever... c) go to jail....d) be sued by the family of the young gentleman attacker who was "misunderstood", "just getting his life back together" and e) Deval will visit the attackers family personally and console them in their grief, promising to eradicate the state of vicious, heinous criminals like YOU.......[smile]

I'll take my chances. I think I would have the support of the NES community in such a situation where I violated the law and prevented more bloodshed.

Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.
And this is exactly why I wanted out of the retard northeast, they do not want you to protect yourself, but yet they claim that the police have no duty either and the overlord courts of the land agree. The clock struck midnight a while back, but no one gathered to stand and fight, all the boxes have been tried, there's only one remaining that has yet to be used, its time.

I'll take my chances. I think I would have the support of the NES community in such a situation where I violated the law and prevented more bloodshed.

As faceless names on a forum, maybe. Nobody in their right mind would go to court for you and testify that it is alright to break the law just in case something might happen. If you are that paranoid about being without a firearm for a few minutes to go and vote you should stay home and vote absentee, with the tin foil securely wrapped around your head.

"Liberty is unobstructed action set within the boundaries of others around us, I purposely don't say within the law, because the law is often the tyrants will and always so when it steps on the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson

You'd probably get a free green membership and words of sympathy from hundreds of NESers as you went off to jail and we went back to our daily lives of typing to everyone how we'd stand up to tyranny.

Which is fine as long as Gavin is not responsible for getting the ballots out. I love his commercials talking about how important voting is, that is of course your are an active duty or reserve soldier over seas.

Which is even more rich, he's not in jail.
Yeah no kidding. He is another life long hack.

So what I am hearing is that if law abiding people don't abide by the "no gun" laws, the criminals will right? I also find it really funny that there is always (at least in my town) a cop on duty for voting but the thought of putting armed people in schools for protection sends people into orbit. I guess we protect money with guns and voting with guns (after all, we have to make sure more hacks get in).

Me too, I agree, and yes you would have OUR support.....but the Massachusetts legal system? Definitely would NOT support you, and that's the problem! There's more of them than us!!![frown]

Good example: Waiting in line at Walmart (Framingham)to buy ammo last week, had it in my hands (clerk walked me to / let me carry it to main registers because his system was down). Got chatting (okay, flirting LOL) with nice woman standing in front of me, pleasant conversation...she noticed I was holding 4 boxes (two .40 cal, two 9mm)....her eyes widened and she looked at me and said "Oh, you're a police officer?".....I said "No, why do you ask?"....She smiled and said "Well, you're buying bullets, so I just figured...."

This is the mindset here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom