Anyone else going to the Cabela's opening

Why would I go to an over-priced place where there will be hoards of people? I'll wait 6 months and if I'm in the area I'll drop in to check it out.

The story I read says that they're expecting so many people that they're going to have people parking at Beech Ridge and bus them in. That doesn't sound like much fun to me. They'd have to have some really good sale prices to get me there. I haven't seen them advertising any bargains.

I might go Jamz, depends on how late I get out of work. I just want to go to see the place.... I probably won't buy a thing. You don't think its fun to see a grand opening? or the first night of a new movie? or baseball opening day? C'mon guys let the man have his fun.

You don't think its fun to see a grand opening? or the first night of a new movie?

Actually, no, I don't. I can't stand shopping. I do most of it via the internet. As for movies, I'd rather wait for the DVD and watch them in my basement, with a beer in my hand, a cat on my lap, and the remote on the table next to me.

The story I read says that they're expecting so many people that they're going to have people parking at Beech Ridge and bus them in. That doesn't sound like much fun to me. They'd have to have some really good sale prices to get me there. I haven't seen them advertising any bargains.

Are you serious? Holy damn, that sounds like a crappy time. I like a grand show, but not enough to be massively inconvenienced by it. I'll do a drive-by earlier on and see how things lay.

I might go Jamz, depends on how late I get out of work. I just want to go to see the place.... I probably won't buy a thing. You don't think its fun to see a grand opening? or the first night of a new movie? or baseball opening day? C'mon guys let the man have his fun.

Nope I don't. I would rather go when there aren't hoards of people, and you probably couldn't get close enough to see anything anyways. Not for me.
I am also of the would rather wait to get the movie on dvd, and relax at home.
Besides some of us like being anti social. [laugh]

Nope I don't. I would rather go when there aren't hoards of people, and you probably couldn't get close enough to see anything anyways. Not for me.
I am also of the would rather wait to get the movie on dvd, and relax at home.
Besides some of us like being anti social. [laugh]
+1, sorta.

I don't like hordes of people, either - crowded stores are NOT fun for me.

Going to see new movies... depends. If it's one with lots of SFX, like, say, Speed Racer, I go to see it in IMAX. Which would have been a bargain at twice the price, BTW.

Ross, as far as movies, a lot of times Glenn and I will pick times when there are hardly any people in the theater. Works for me.[laugh]

Yeah, the 7:15 show on Saturday night was sold out. Kath & I went to the 9:55 show and they only filled about 2/3 of the theatre.

This Thursday at 5PM in Scarboro Maine?

I am. I'd like to get in line early. Any NES brothers going to be there?

That's in Scarborough.[wink] I wouldn't have busted you, except you belong to SF&G.

I probably won't be there; most likely my wife & I will be at the range that evening.

Besides, too many people & I haven't heard any news on really good deals to be had at the opening. If it's not too crowded I'll stop in during the day on Friday, but the rest of the weekend I'll be busy with the HP clinic & beginners match at SF&G.

Back
Top Bottom