Anyone been to fsguns lately?

Four Seasons only occasionally carried primes. The problem is margin. I know what Four Seasons could get primers for before (pre-shortage) and it was within a VERY small difference from what anyone on NES could get from that online place that shall not be named. There is no way any sort of reasonable price, in a normal market, would make the in-shop price attractive and selling them could actually hurt is low price image if he did add a reasonable markup.

Last edited:
Shotguns
Brand Model Caliber Serial No. Price Comments
Remington RECENT87012 Gauge5277xxV
$999.95​
SUREFIRE FOREND, PISTOL GRIP STOCK, 20IN BBL
Remington RECENT870 WINGMASTER12 GaugeV8192xxV
$899.95​
FOLDING STOCK, SLUG BARREL, 20IN BBL

Wow! Remington 870 $899.95 and $999.95
I knew this day was coming but I still can’t believe these prices

Shotguns
BrandModelCaliberSerial No.PriceComments
$999.95​
$899.95​

Again, consignment. Price is set by the seller.

Shotguns
Brand Model Caliber Serial No. Price Comments
$999.95​
$899.95​

Lol its fag post corona pump shotgun culture. I think those consigners missed the boat, though.

Check in a week or month and see if those $900 - $1000 870's are still for sale. Enough of the serial number is visible to make a reasonable conclusion you are tracking the same gun.

Contact one of the shops in Littleton and let them know what you want. They may not have stock but can order for you. My days of perusing gun shops is over. I have a go to guy in Littleton, I tell him what I want and he almost always comes through for me. Price is always in line and there is zero aggravation.
I enjoy going into new LGS's and seeing what they have. There's so many unusual old guns out there.

Sucks as a business owner but let's face it, a lot of new owners go to FS so hes doing what will be best for "his customers"

Their used gun prices have always been ridiculous.
Carl's used gun prices have always been ridiculous? :oops: Oh, I wouldn't say that at all. :(

Prices on high-quality used guns (real guns, not cheap plastic crap guns) are very high everywhere right now... no question about that. Carl's shop is no different than any other in that regard... and let's remember that consignment gun prices are set by their owners, not Carl.

I have done very well at Carl's over the years. Not so much in the past couple COVID years, but always very well before that. :cool:

Shotguns
BrandModelCaliberSerial No.PriceComments
$999.95​
$899.95​

The 2 Dan Wesson revolvers they have on consignment are full retard prices. Definitely collectible revolvers and valuable but not THAT valuable.

I know, the gun owner.
Right. I have no dog in this fight, and it's fun to bust on the big guy in the room.

But in this situation Carl has three choices: 1) turn them away, 2) try to convince them their price is "unreasonable," or 3) put it on the wall listed at price plus fees. FS is one of, if not the largest volume dealer in MA. 1 and 2 both risk alienating customers, potentially reducing his future throughput.

Besides, his warehouse space means a couple guns sitting on the wall until somebody's ready to part with the dough costs him almost nothing - especially right now, when stocks are low everywhere. It means he has product when others don't. This makes his ROI higher relative to one of the little shops at the Mill, for whom space is at a premium and uninformed walk-ins are less frequent.

Sure, but who is really at fault for consignment price?
Last time I put something on consignment at FS we had what I thought was a realistic chat about how to price it. It's the usual "this is what the market looks like, go high and take a little longer, go low for cash ASAP", and they were open to going either way. They easily got more for a gun I didn't want than I'd have asked for in a private sale.

I've gotten some great deals there, too, but the great deals are the ones that go fast. (Then the seller gets paid fast and everyone gets what they wanted.)

As far as the 870s go, anything that looks remotely like a home defense shotgun is still selling like hotcakes. I have no idea about those two Wesson revolvers in the list right now ($3500!), but they've had plenty of Wessons go through around the $1000 price point in the last year that sold. (I'll go check them out one in person of these days, mostly I just look at their used gun list online.)

Back
Top Bottom