• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any recent Approved 1 for MA residents?

But that's just it if its constructed in a shape that does not resemble a short-barreled rifle or
constructed in a shape that does not resemble a short-barreled shotgun;

But they do resemble a SBR and a SBS because they are SBR'S so there not firearms by there definitions.

It is a firearm unless it is constructed not to resemble an SBR. That is how that definition reads. It is an SBR, resembles an SBR and is therefore a "firearm" as defined by MA law.

We hate the letter that came out that shut down the shockwave and SBRs and SBSs. It did have the unintended consequence of making it abundantly clear that under MA law you can carry a SBR or SBS just like you carry a handgun.

So take a SBR but put on a fake suppressor on it to make it resemble a rifle so it brings the barrel out to 16 inches then it don't resemble a SBR it resembles a rifle WTF looks like a rifle don't look like a rifle looks like a assault weapon don't look like a assault weapon

It is a firearm unless it is constructed not to resemble an SBR. That is how that definition reads. It is an SBR, resembles an SBR and is therefore a "firearm" as defined by MA law.

We hate the letter that came out that shut down the shockwave and SBRs and SBSs. It did have the unintended consequence of making it abundantly clear that under MA law you can carry a SBR or SBS just like you carry a handgun.

Wouldn't that also make all SBRs "assault weapons", and because they're all over 50oz, therefore illegal to possess unless they were manufactured before '94?

The laws and forms are so poorly written it's mind numbing.

I just had the DCJIS come out to my place and they told me there is no way to register it on the Ma FA10 system if you try to do a rifle under 16 inches it don't let you and if you do a pistol its falsifying records because its not a pistol so he basically said SBR are illegal in Mass and told me to get a hold of
Michaela Dunne, Manager of Law Enforcement & Justice Services at 617.660.4682 or
[email protected],

If I think the memo they sent out is wrong and I do think it is wrong so I left her messages and am waiting to hear back but I don't think I ever will.

This is a recent change to their system and policy. I registered a 12" rifle in 2016. I'm sure that others have registered SBRs in the past otherwise we would have heard about this before now.

Yes recent change but how can you do a SBR now if you can't put in a shorter barrel on a FA10 form

So why can't I get a shock wave its only a mossy 590 do a 4473 as the shock wave but sell it with a 18 inch barrel and do a E-FA-10 with a 18 inch barrel and the buyer changes the barrel out to the 14 inch barrel just like a dealer can't sell a S&W M&P with a apex trigger but after they buy it and hand it back to the dealer the dealer can then put the apex trigger in the S&W M&P

Simply put liberals and Massachusetts suck big hairy balls and should go duck there fist

Last edited:
Wouldn't that also make all SBRs "assault weapons", and because they're all over 50oz, therefore illegal to possess unless they were manufactured before '94?

The laws and forms are so poorly written it's mind numbing.
No because the MA AWB is the Fed AWB as of sep 1994. That brings into play the federal definitions solely for the AWB. A SBR is not subject to the pistol definition of AW. Actually as read, it is not clear that an SBR or SBS is subject to any AWB restrictions. People certainly interpret things to say an SBR cant be an AW because of this.

Now deciding that an SBR is a firearm in MA and therefore a pistol for the fed AWB is a possible Healism, but seems even a larger stretch than her current BS

IT'S ALL BS

It's only the attorney general's interpretation
It's not what the law says so why doesn't everybody ignore her and keep selling them like they were before without all the evil featuresit has been fine like that for every one for the past 23 years F her she can't make laws only in force them

Any one want AR Lowers I will sell them for $300 each $150 For the lower and the other $150 in a trust fund for a LAWYER when I get in trouble for following the laws on the book's JUST KIDDING

Last edited:
Apparently BATFE cares about how the AG is interpreting things.

Yes they do which is BS I just don't get why do states get away with braking federal laws with no consequences federal law says it's agint the law to go against any part of the Constitution but they make BS gun laws and restrictions federal law says it's against the law to have a gun registry but the state does it.

The problem is the government is to big and there is no checks and balances anymore the government can do what they want and us little peons can't do nothing about it

Hold up... why do I need to register on a FA-10?

If I had an AR rifle legally acquired pre-7/20 and send in the form 1 paperwork to get it a stamp, do I need to re-register it when I stick on a new (shorter) upper?

I'm about to send in a few Form 1's this month, but now I'm thinking twice.

Also, let's assume I'm assembling some PCC's. The upper did not come in on a FA-10 since it wasn't a firearm. Once I get the stamp I plan on finishing the gun. Do I need to fill out an FA-10 after I get a stamp?

I say if you have a fa10 for a firearm and you make the barrel shorter then don't worry about it.

The BS is just for dealers so they don't sell SBR rifles the DB at the DCJIS and she said she don't want to get in to a pissing contest with me over what is leagal but any gun that has a barrel shorter than 16 inches is a hand gun by MA law so it has to be on the approved roster the law was always that just dealers where not following the law.

I can't say this enough time this state sucks this state sucks this state sucks and so don't all the dildos that make up these useless laws.

Last edited:
So I emailed the ATF or should I say the DOJ and this is there respond to my question and my response to there answer.

My question :

You have you received a new question from eForms user PS

Hi I just want clarification on what rules, laws or guide lines the ATF is going by to approve Form 1 SBR making and Form 4 SBR transfers in Massachusetts with all the crazy changes they come up with weekly to restrict second amendment rights. If there is any specific requirements or guide lines that we in Massachusetts should be following for approval.

Thank you for your time and hope to get clearification soon. Pat Starkey

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
There response

On Tue, May 29, 2018, 2:45 PM <[email protected]> wrote:

Good afternoon,

ATF does not make state law and as such cannot comment on them. Please consult your state attorney general’s office for these matters.

David

Begin forwarded message:

hpsarms
Date: May 29, 2018 at 8:47:56 AM EDT
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Ask the Expert Question from PSTARK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My response

Hi

I did talk to some one from the Attorney Generals office and i was told that they don't know Federal law.

The only thing that the state requires is that any firearm with a barrel less than 16 inches like a SBR or a SBS is a handgun under MA. law and any hand gun sold by a dealer must be on the approved wepons roster or it can't be sold by a dealer.

So going back to my original question is there any reason or reasons if I was to file a Form 1 for a rifle let's just say a
IWI Tavor for a example and I did all the paper work correctly and was not a prohibited person and was able to have a Tavor as a SBR would it be approved.

Thank you
Pat Starkey

Last edited:
I feel like it’s a game of monkey in the middle. Keep getting teased with the ball but it’s always out of reach. AG says talk to the feds, feds say talk to the AG. AG says we don’t interpret the laws, we enforce them (cough cough BULLSHIT cough cough). Feds won’t weigh in cuz state stuff.
It’s a never ending circle jerk.

Yes it is the only problem is us gun owners are the jerks in everyone's eye's.

It's like getting Fu@@ed everyday but the only thing we are getting out of it is a sore Ass.

And here is there follow up response after I said I did talk to the AG office.

Then it would depend if the firearm meets state law. Under Federal law if you are over 18 and can pass a background check we will approve the transfer of a SBR to you. The state has more restrictive laws which is why I said to check with them. I have no idea how they classify a IWI Tavor. Under Federal law a SBR is a short barrel rifle, not a pistol.

Last edited:
I just got wind from a guy who went to Atlantic Tactical, the AG told the atf to stop approving sbr's.

I don't have any further confirmation other than word of mouth. Which sucks because I submitted one last month,

Lots and lots of that being said. I think a lot of conjecture and bullshit talk out of their ass. I literally just got my 2 stamps in the mail today. Kriss vector .45 and a bushmaster xm15 lower I have owned since 2005. Atf never asked me for proof I've owned it prior to 7/20. Your results may vary...

I mean I had my mp5 approve a month or so back.

I took the news with a grain of salt. I have a 2nd on track. They're not named or copy cats. I got 7 more months of waiting ahead of me.

Lower what?? From what I am seeing they arent asking for date of purchase anymore so it doesnt matter

Back
Top Bottom