Any problems with "open carry" in NH?

I always CC in MA, frequently in NH, but occasionally OC there. In NH, if you OC and someone sees it, not usually a big deal. At least it hasn't been in my experience.

Maybe I need to carry a more noticeable gun when I OC? [laugh]

So much for a gun owners "civil rights". Thanks for the help folks, greatly appreciated...

Your "rights", including 2A only apply to you and your interaction with the U S Government.

A private person, employer, etc has no requirement WRT your "rights" as you have none when you are on their private property.

There is a very good reason for that

Property owners have rights too.

I agree with you but let me play Devil's advocate for a minute. Say i'm a restaurant owner and 2 black people come in to eat are you sayings it legal for me to refuse them service? Gays? Of course not, i'd get sued in a heartbeat. So how is the double standard legal? Again, those are just hypothetical situations that I used, i'm not a racist or homophobe...

I agree with you but let me play Devil's advocate for a minute. Say i'm a restaurant owner and 2 black people come in to eat are you sayings it legal for me to refuse them service? Gays? Of course not, i'd get sued in a heartbeat. So how is the double standard legal? Again, those are just hypothetical situations that I used, i'm not a racist or homophobe...

It should be perfectly legal to refuse service to anyone for any reason. This "protected class" bullshit that we've had shoved down our throats is incompatible with liberty.

For what it's worth I would choose not to give my business to someone who refused service to blacks or whatever but I would never support legislation compelling him to do so. His business, his rules, and the market will sort it out.

most of the reason you can not as a business keep out "protected classes" without good reason has to do with the liquor license, Common Victualler License , and other licenses that deal with "public accommodation", and as a condition of the license, and as public policy, the government has claimed power over private property.

Ask me how I feel as a non smoker about restaurants being forced to go smoke free... so much for private property rights.

Being a former MA resident, now 8 months, and still getting accustomed to my newly inherited, but always had, but not allowed to use in MA, freedoms, simple answer is yes, you can OC pretty much anywhere, yes, in some places you may be talked to by the police, of any given town, and yes, if it is private property, you can be asked to leave, and you should do so. If some one came on to your property, I doubt you would even bother discussing his "civil rights" now would you?

Simon Malls, all of them have signs on every entrance, no guns allowed, that is their right, they can also ask you to leave, that is their right as well, but they do not have the right to search you, unless you agree too, so concealed carry is the way to go in that matter.

HA! Guess I hit a nerve. Man, it must suck to live in NH the land of "freedom" and get told how to roll.

You can't even carry concealed in your state don't you have a hunting and target only?...stop knocking the people that have the freedom to do what they want.

Jealous much?

I frankly don't give a **** who mandates what...your state blows and I sucks to be you.

...I sucks to be you.
Sorry, I don't swing that way, I'm straight. If you have the freedom, as does he, then both of you need to htfu, and do it. Whining about not OC'ing because someone might get skerrrrd is silly. "Sensitive" is code for PC.

As for MA, not my state, just passing through, come mid year I should be up in WA. :)

Sorry, I don't swing that way, I'm straight. If you have the freedom, as does he, then both of you need to htfu, and do it. Whining about not OC'ing because someone might get skerrrrd is silly. "Sensitive" is code for PC.

As for MA, not my state, just passing through, come mid year I should be up in WA. :)

Huh? wtf are you talking about htfu and do what?

As for my miss type,I'm sorry but it was suppose to be sucks to be you.

Huh? wtf are you talking about htfu and do what?

As for my miss type,I'm sorry but it was suppose to be sucks to be you.

Damn those typos, eh?

"Sensitivity" is what got people in MA into this situation where the average toolbag flips out every little time a gun shows up in a normal manner. This leads people to this cluster of mental and physical gymnastics where it devolves into a "which concealed holster is better", and OMG, I might have printed. The belief that this cancer can't travel northward is well, silly at best, and willfully ignorant of reality at worst. While border towns are always interesting (esp. Lowell North) you'll find that the more people exercise "sensitivity" the more a fear of guns will become the accepted norm, and the relative freedom of the granite state will begin to disappear. Inch by inch. Sensitivity on this subject is silly and potentially harmful. It's been proven out in MA, where we have "legal" OC but then have to bob the knob of the local warlord if we want to keep our suitability after exercising our OC rights. So, as was already established, there are suitability situations in some NH towns, pair that with MA's costs going up and pushing more people out of the state to the relative cheapness of NH... and you have the perfect situation for NH to slowly, painfully become what MA is, a hollow shell of what it once was. A place where the BoR went to die.

If you want that, then please, by all means, be sensitive to the fears and inconsistencies of others when it comes to your rights. Then, in the future, you won't have to worry about making the decision to OC, because it won't be legal anyway. Done and done. Let's all be sensitive.

Damn those typos, eh?

"Sensitivity" is what got people in MA into this situation where the average toolbag flips out every little time a gun shows up in a normal manner. This leads people to this cluster of mental and physical gymnastics where it devolves into a "which concealed holster is better", and OMG, I might have printed. The belief that this cancer can't travel northward is well, silly at best, and willfully ignorant of reality at worst. While border towns are always interesting (esp. Lowell North) you'll find that the more people exercise "sensitivity" the more a fear of guns will become the accepted norm, and the relative freedom of the granite state will begin to disappear. Inch by inch. Sensitivity on this subject is silly and potentially harmful. It's been proven out in MA, where we have "legal" OC but then have to bob the knob of the local warlord if we want to keep our suitability after exercising our OC rights. So, as was already established, there are suitability situations in some NH towns, pair that with MA's costs going up and pushing more people out of the state to the relative cheapness of NH... and you have the perfect situation for NH to slowly, painfully become what MA is, a hollow shell of what it once was. A place where the BoR went to die.

If you want that, then please, by all means, be sensitive to the fears and inconsistencies of others when it comes to your rights. Then, in the future, you won't have to worry about making the decision to OC, because it won't be legal anyway. Done and done. Let's all be sensitive.

Interesting....if you say so,good luck in Washington.

There is a provision for suitability in NH, but there are only a couple of departments that will be dickheads and invoke it

Do your research, our suitability is not your suitability:

Applicants not prohibited under federal or NH law from possession of a firearm shall be deemed suitable persons and the license shall be issued unless the applicant is so prohibited from possessing a firearm. The burden is on the licensing entity to prove by clear and convincing proof that the applicant is so prohibited from possessing a firearm.

I am in NH so it is their suitability not mine, and isn't there a thread around here of a member denied in NH on suitability that did not meet the letter or spirit of the law?

Stupid question, are you required "by law" to leave?

Yes, if ithey ask you. NH is a tresspass standard state, which is pretty much every state that doesn't have binding signage. EG, this is "normal". (It's normal for private property owners or their designees to have the ability to determine who gets to be on their property, for nearly any reason at all. )

-Mike

Seriously? You two debating with Dave reminds me of this....

That has to be the most utterly pointless internet pissing contest I've ever seen on this forum. At no time, did either of you actually bother to tell him why you thought OC was "bad".

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
At no time, did either of you actually bother to tell him why you thought OC was "bad".

-Mike
To be fair, ISOTOX did claim that he limited in order to be sensitive to the fears of others. Which is laudable, but in all, a bad idea. What is sensitivity to the fears of others today, becomes restrictions tomorrow.

i've had no problems. in fact i created a humor thread about it if you're green you can check it out--although marlet is going to tell you i'm a liar liar pants on fire because in the thread there's a picture of me buying girl scout cookies and my jacket is actually concealing most of the firearm at that point during the day so i never open carry and i'm a terrible human being that stomps puppies in a burlap sack for a sexual release.

can't please everyone all the time.

i've had no problems. in fact i created a humor thread about it if you're green you can check it out--although marlet is going to tell you i'm a liar liar pants on fire because in the thread there's a picture of me buying girl scout cookies and my jacket is actually concealing most of the firearm at that point during the day so i never open carry and i'm a terrible human being that stomps puppies in a burlap sack for a sexual release.

can't please everyone all the time.
It's ok if the puppies are from this beastie:
uglydog.jpg

It's ok if the puppies are from this beastie:
uglydog.jpg

i don't believe we've met, but i think we should.

...and stomp puppies together. unf unf unf.

find me at the next shoot! i'm the guy who usually finds something stupid and wears it on my body at the shoots. porsche shoot was the CCW sash, and at the last pumpkin shoot i took a bumblebee hat from one of the zombies i killed.

Back
Top Bottom