• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any interest in Winter Pin Shoots?

Would you shoot pins in Central MA in the Winter?

• Total voters
You've never shot pins with me, have you? I like to use my 629.

Marc doesn't tend to be too happy when I do so, however. Marc, you'll be happy to know I'm gearing up to start loading a "mild" .44 Mag load. If you can apply the word "mild" to .44 Magnum, that is. Otasan mentions some lighter loads in his book on pinshooting, IIRC... if I can ever get my copy back from Luv2bfree. [laugh]

mark doesn't mind those ones because you miss every once in awhile--it's matt senior's that i watch out for. not only does he load incredible rounds, he sweeps the table clean without fail. [wink]

pins 5/5 at NLRG.

probably won't make it down there before that match to rebuild the tables so expect them to suck as bad as last year... until we get the time and GET SOME WOOD, BABYYY!

I'd like to re-ask this question. There is new chairmanship at the club, so maybe more open to new ideas.

Anyone?

Yup, everyone who can show safe gun handling skills is more than welcome.

I am really interested in going to Millis on 12/17 to shoot. However, on the Millis FFF calendar I see this event marked as "• Pin Shoot - 8pm (Members and their guests only)" So I am assuming I am not welcome cause I am not a member. Please clarify if that is not the case.

I'd like to re-ask this question. There is new chairmanship at the club, so maybe more open to new ideas.

Anyone?

No longer a member there and only have a 9mm, but I'd be interested. Part of the problem with winter though is how the days are so short, after 3pm week days is best for me and that's obv. a problem for an outdoor range.

- - - Updated - - -

I am really interested in going to Millis on 12/17 to shoot. However, on the Millis FFF calendar I see this event marked as "• Pin Shoot - 8pm (Members and their guests only)" So I am assuming I am not welcome cause I am not a member. Please clarify if that is not the case.

The thread is very old, so maybe it started getting out of hand attendance wise (it is a nice sounding setup) and they limited it to members and guests of members. I'm not a member there so that's just a guess.

I suppose since it is a new thing, it could be planned for a Saturday, though that would entail a range closure on a Saturday, which is never popular.

I would be in to shoot and volunteer any help needed.

(Please disregard the Winter part of this post... for now)

The guy who used to run these has some other stuff going on, so I'm not sure if he can do them going forward. I'd like to see if it is possible to do these more like other clubs.

Back
Top Bottom