• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any good AR gunsmiths in NH?

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Does anyone know any gunsmiths in NH good on AR style weapons? I have a Bushmaster 20” HBAR A3 style that the windage has to be set about 15 clicks to the left to get the holes on the bullseye. I know this was a common problem with Bushies for a few years when they were made in Maine. This rifle is about 4 years old so past the warranty.

I think the FSG needs to be tweaked and I’m not about to try any back yard fixes. I’ve been using glass optics on it since I bought the firearm so never tried to sight it in using the iron sights it came with until yesterday.

I contacted Bushmaster in NC and they weren’t much help. Basically they said they can take a look at it but it will probably cost me money to get it fixed. Even their email back to me made it sound like English was a second language to the person that replied. It didn’t give me warm fuzzies.

I really don’t want to hassle with the cost of shipping it down, only to find out it’s going to cost me to get it fixed anyway so I’d rather drop it off personally at a smithy and have it done correctly.

I’m open to suggestions…

You can either PM me or put it up here...either way works...

With how cheap parts are right now, it will probably cost less to buy a new barrel and sell the old one than it will to pay someone to redrill the taper pin holes.

With how cheap parts are right now, it will probably cost less to buy a new barrel and sell the old one than it will to pay someone to redrill the taper pin holes.
I've considered this. Depends on how much it will cost to fix it. It is definitely an option.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom