Any decent ranges near Bristol RI

E

ericdimarzio

I am moving to Bristol to be closer to school and currently belong to Ames in Easton (great great range by the way) Anybody know of any good ranges in the area? I am looking for both an indoor pistol and an outdoor pistol/plinking range aas minimum requirements. Thanks

Warren Rod and Gun.

They have outdoor facilities, not sure of indoor, but you can find them on the web. I met one of there range officers, seemed very nice and welcoming.

Timbob1, how are their outdoor ranges? Think that they'd be up for hosting an Appleseed Shoot? We're still trying to find a range in RI for RI's first Appleseed ever.

Basically, we need a 25 meter range at least about 100' wide - that would give us room for 25 shooters.

Can you let me know if they might be a candidate?

East Warren Rod and Gun
www.ewrg.org

The pistol/rifle range is from a pistol house that has a deck, it is sort of indoor/outdoor. There are photos on the site. The deck and pistol house are really nice for collecting your brass and staying warm in the winter. The range has berms at 25, 50, and 100 yards. There is a plate rack and steel plates for pistol calibers on the range all the time.

The skeet and trap field are also top notch. The level of shooting skill is very high.

Last edited:
Dwarven,
I have never been there, just seen there site and met a couple members. Sorry, wish I could help.

Speaking of Appleseed, how much is it for the basic rifleman course?

Thanks
Tim

A full weekend Appleseed shoot is $70 in advance, or $80 onsite. Any range fees are in addition to that. (example: the East Granby, CT shoot is $70 in advance for both days plus a $10/day/shooter range fee for a total of $90). One day (either Saturday or Sunday) is $45. You get a free T-shirt with the full weekend shoot, plus a LOT more range time, of course!

More info can be found here and here.

Eric

There are several ranges within a short drive from Bristol, RI. East Warren R&G is the closest, its all outdoors except the pistol house provides sheltered shooting on the outdoor range. The pistol range is for members only, but thats not a big deal. Massassoit Gun Club is in Riverside, RI off Forbes Street, that is strictly indoors shooting of pistols only. The range has a 50' gallery and a new 75' gallery. Attend a meeting the 1st Monday in the month for more info. Also, look at the sticky in this forum for a google map of all the gun clubs in RI.

If you want something between Bristol and Easton there are many choices depending on what roads you would go.

Indoor: Taunton, New Bedford, Attleboro.

No indoor, but near Bristol is Somerset Sportsman's Club in Swansea. 25 yard to 300 yard, paper targets only. Two trap fields. I belong to it and Mansfield Fish and Game.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom