Anti gun statements by gunshop employees ?????

Because most cops treat the gun the same as a ballpoint pen. It is a tool they have to carry and may have to use.

As a retired cop and a friend to many that were on the department when I lived in MA, I offered to take any officer to my gun club as a guest and let them practice. I made this offer numerous times to numerous officers. Nobody ever took me up on it and one told me that only if the chief authorized it as OT and provided ammo. My former department only qualified once/year and they only shot 100 rds each year. Cost of ammo and OT dropped the prior 2x/year qualifications that we used to do many years ago.
I spent some time helping one officer that was struggling to qualify, even loaded 500 rounds and gave them to him when we practiced. He finally had an ah ha moment and listened to my suggestion of loosening his grip to firm instead of crushing the grip. Qualified easily next five years before he changed jobs.

Because most cops treat the gun the same as a ballpoint pen. It is a tool they have to carry and may have to use.

As a retired cop and a friend to many that were on the department when I lived in MA, I offered to take any officer to my gun club as a guest and let them practice. I made this offer numerous times to numerous officers. Nobody ever took me up on it and one told me that only if the chief authorized it as OT and provided ammo. My former department only qualified once/year and they only shot 100 rds each year. Cost of ammo and OT dropped the prior 2x/year qualifications that we used to do many years ago.
Same here Len. i made it very clear to everyone around me any time we were at the range. ‘If you want to train, if you want to shoot more, all you have to do is come down to my office or shoot me a text and I’ll give you the ammo.’

as well

‘If you really want some instruction come down to my office or shoot me a text and I will go to the range with you on my own time and help you get better.’ It was an open offer for years and I think maybe like a handful of people ever took me up on it to go do it on our own time.

I spent some time helping one officer that was struggling to qualify, even loaded 500 rounds and gave them to him when we practiced. He finally had an ah ha moment and listened to my suggestion of loosening his grip to firm instead of crushing the grip. Qualified easily next five years before he changed jobs.
lol Ya I used to use the “Dude. Stop f***ing death gripping the thing it’s not going anywhere.”

Blank stares.

“Ok dummy, let’s put it this way. Use your f***ing shower grip. Right? We don’t want to rip the thing right off, just secure it in your hand and hold on.” lol

Lol Gun Parlor wouldn't transfer a Beretta 92 that was a 92FS originally but with a G replacement slide. Employee there kept saying, no sorry, the G isn't on DA LIST. Whoop, guess I had to eFA10 with the buyer. Thought I could save it for one of the 'illegal in MA' guns like Glocks.

2017. Was part of the famous gun parlor interview. The 1:34 mark in the video has the retarded gun owner who was troubled that he could buy ammo online🙄😡
Haha totally shocking... The funny thing is a MA LTC would be so easy to fake, they are definitely printed on the old RMV license machines from the 90s. It won't get you a firearm but it surely get you all the ammo you ever wanted.

For example, at Bass Pro the cashier will just ask you to flash your LTC at the point of sale, nothing is actually checked. I could show my Mickey Mouse Club card.

The LTC is pointless.

Lol Gun Parlor wouldn't transfer a Beretta 92 that was a 92FS originally but with a G replacement slide. Employee there kept saying, no sorry, the G isn't on DA LIST. Whoop, guess I had to eFA10 with the buyer. Thought I could save it for one of the 'illegal in MA' guns like Glocks.

Gun Parlor deals fall under the PSGWSP category. Probably dimed you out before your car door closed as someone trying to transfer an illegal gun.

Haha totally shocking... The funny thing is a MA LTC would be so easy to fake, they are definitely printed on the old RMV license machines from the 90s. It won't get you a firearm but it surely get you all the ammo you ever wanted.

For example, at Bass Pro the cashier will just ask you to flash your LTC at the point of sale, nothing is actually checked. I could show my Mickey Mouse Club card.

The LTC is pointless.
Just yesterday at Cabelas in Berlin: buying .22 ammo and show my LTC. Cashier notices my address and says she can't sell to me because I live in CT. I tell her "this is a MA LTC" and show it to her again.

giphy.gif

I shot a respectable 492, the nearest shooter was 387 and it went down hill from there. Cannot for the life of me understand why a profession that you carry a weapon you are not proficient with it, especially when it could be your life on the line
Half of them can not even control calorie intake never mind exercising
... Who cares if they do not care about self preservation but I am sure citizens die because of unfit police officers and bad shots

Just yesterday at Cabelas in Berlin: buying .22 ammo and show my LTC. Cashier notices my address and says she can't sell to me because I live in CT. I tell her "this is a MA LTC" and show it to her again.

giphy.gif
If it is a NR LTC, she was right. MGL doesn't allow any sales to NRs, per the Simons Rock law that passed back ~1998.

giphy.gif

Maybe cuz simons rock BS?

ETA: Len beat me to it....

That having been said it's basically unenforceable..... especially considering most people don't know what it is.

Question: Other than the good folks at The Mill, are there any gun shops in Massachusetts that we aren't supposed to hate? 🤔
Mass Firearms runs a tight ship. I like how when I bought a new handgun from them they let me use one of the lanes to try it out right away.

Mass Firearms runs a tight ship. I like how when I bought a new handgun from them they let me use one of the lanes to try it out right away.
Some people are still butthurt at Steve for correctly explaining the AWB to a reporter; they feel this is what caused the "Enforcement Letter."

@EJFudd - I'm sure you're being facetious, and rightly so, but I think most of the smaller shops (e.g., @Precision Point) are still acceptable to most of NES. The only truly unforgivable option seems to be The Rat.

@EJFudd - I'm sure you're being facetious, and rightly so, but I think most of the smaller shops (e.g., @Precision Point) are still acceptable to most of NES. The only truly unforgivable option seems to be The Rat.
It just seems like there is an awful lot of MA gun shop hate being spewed lately. It confuses me because there aren't any MA gun shops that I hate anywhere near the levels being expressed here. No shop (other than those at The Mill) seems to be missing the NES hate bombs. :(

lol Ya I used to use the “Dude. Stop f***ing death gripping the thing it’s not going anywhere.”

Blank stares.

“Ok dummy, let’s put it this way. Use your f***ing shower grip. Right? We don’t want to rip the thing right off, just secure it in your hand and hold on.” lol

I use a 50/50 grip and I go for how hard I can grip without making myself tired. Surprised by shot, pistol is allowed to move as much as it wants without my skin moving, and as long as my feet don't move the front sight always settles back in EXACTLY the same spot. It actually took a lot of practice to not impulse my grip strength to fight recoil, to keep my focus on the threat instead of changing my grip. I actually fixed this visually. I was overthinking it. I had good grip and technique but just needed to focus more on the threat than my grip and it naturally happened.

I had a really good teacher. I'm sure there's better technique than mine. We're all white belts.

I use a 50/50 grip and I go for how hard I can grip without making myself tired. Surprised by shot, pistol is allowed to move as much as it wants without my skin moving, and as long as my feet don't move the front sight always settles back in the same spot. It actually took a lot of practice to not impulse my grip strength to fight recoil, to keep my focus on the threat instead of changing my grip.

I had a really good teacher. I'm sure there's better technique than mine. We're all white belts.

I prefer suspenders.

Back
Top Bottom