Anti-gun Liberal with a gun

This part is rich...

"I was too scared to try and eject it as thoughts flooded my mind of me accidentally shooting the gun and a bullet hitting my son in the house or rupturing the gas tank of my car, followed by an earth-shaking explosion"
This folks, is what we call too stupid to live. [rofl]

-Mike

What, she watches movies a lot, or the A Team reruns. [rofl]

This broad doesn't deserve to have the freedom to just buy a gun. She needs to move to Cambridge where she can go to that commie bar on Mass Ave and sit around comfortably basking in the pleasure of a jackboot shoved squarely up her ass. [puke]

Here's a picture of her.

twat.

heidiyprotestcopy.jpg

She is a graduate of Columbine High School. Took up "the cause" after her basketball coach was shot. While Washington State does not require training for CCW, they do have some pretty strict guidlines for issuing the permit.
WA State Licensing: How to get your license - Concealed Pistol License

Yes, but not a student when the shooting happened.

Here is her bio:
Heidi Yewman Vancouver, Washington « Gun Victims Action Council

Heidi became involved in gun violence prevention in 1999 when her former basketball coach and teacher, Dave Sanders was killed in the Columbine High School massacre along with 12 students. Heidi was a graduate of Columbine.
Heidi is a resident of Washington State. In 2009 she wrote the book Beyond the Bullet: Personal Stories of Gun Violence Aftermath which profiles 19 people forever altered by the impact of gun violence. She is an advocate for gun safety and is the Washington state president of the Million Mom March/Brady Campaign. In this role she regularly meets with legislators, parent groups and school administrators to promote safety campaigns like the ASK Campaign, which encourages parents to ask if there’s a gun in houses where their kids play, and SPEAK-UP, which encourages students to call a 1-800 number if they hear of a weapons threat at school.
Heidi also sits on the board of the Trauma Intervention Program (TIP), a group of 160 volunteers who provide “emotional first aid” to people in the Portland, Oregon/Vancouver, Washington area who have just experienced a trauma or the death of a loved one. Her main role is to increase awareness of TIP in order to secure long term funding and new volunteers.

What a complete ******* moron. This article is pointless and just further demonstrates that anti gun people know absolutely nothing about guns.
Who gets a permit, buys a gun and then carries it with zero training and never even having fired a gun? Is that really what this lady thinks people do? I mean I guess there may be some that do that but they are just as dumb as her!

This is what Linksy is going around telling people.

Yes, its true you can get an LTC-A without any live fire training (i.e. the basic home firearm safety course). Of course, the live fire experience from a basic pistol class isn't anything too amazing either [rolleyes]

Last week I overheard two people, gun owners, discussing this - sharing their shock/amazement that OMG you can carry a gun without any training in this state! That was quickly followed by their stories about how they realized they had no good training after they got their permits and the steps they took to make sure they could do it safely and what they recommend to other people. The one person I believe might have been a basic instructor and then commented that they don't do live fire training because they don't have access to a range. Duh. [banghead] Good job on proving why this is a non-issue. Most people, except retarded columnists, know for themselves what is responsible behavior, they don't need a nanny state to tell them.

This is one thing in Linsky's bill - he wants to require live fire training for all permits. But, given what else is being proposed, I'm honestly not sure if this is something worth addressing at this point...

I have been to two basic safety classes, one for me, and as a guest when my girlfriend took hers. Both classes had live fire, both were optional. What was repeated in both classes over and over. This is not enough training. You need to know more before you go out and start carrying a firearm.

I have been to two basic safety classes, one for me, and as a guest when my girlfriend took hers. Both classes had live fire, both were optional. What was repeated in both classes over and over. This is not enough training. You need to know more before you go out and start carrying a firearm.

Is there a specific round count one should reach before carrying?

The whole thing took 7 minutes. As a gratified consumer, I thought, “Well, that was easy.”

I call BS! Even with Four Season's awesome computerized 4473, it still takes longer than 7 minutes in and out the door.

Don't bother. They censor comments like mad.

However, I'm sure her town police chief would be interested in hearing that the woman he cleared to carry a firearm is now carrying it in public without having a clue even how to clear it - and reporting panic attacks when she does.

Not every state requires a Police Chief do deem you suitable. The whole country is not MA.

Getting the permit to carry a concealed weapon was simple. I filled out a form, had my fingerprints taken for a background check and paid $56.50. No training required. It took far longer to get my dog a license

Is there a specific round count one should reach before carrying?

No, its entirely up to the individual. And you shouldnt need a license to purchase a firearm either.
However, you should, on your own, become familiar with the weapon you intend on carrying, and be able to hit the broad side of a barn with the thing.
Note:I said, on your own decide. But training helps this. Learning how to come out of a concealed rig, knowing the laws where you live, etc...

Adding to this, I first responded from iphone.

I don't think the instructors message in either class was that they shouldn't be allowed their ltc or to own firearms. They just didn't want people thinking that after a 4 hour course and 5 minutes of supervised gun handling, they were ready to go out and safely CC.
I agree that some of them were, and some weren't. I know personally, after taking my class, I went out with friends, listened to what they taught me. Took more classes, and became familiar with the firearm. By the time my license came in and I was able to purchase a firearm, I felt comfortable with them. If I wasn't, I would have gone for more training. Even still, I am taking more training.
Some people grew up with firearms, and were taught gun safety. They don't need the training.

At the end of the day, it should be up to the individual to decide if they need to take a safety class.

Last edited:
I was pretty tame compared to what I wanted to say - figured no way it would get posted if I ranted:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

First of all, good on Starbucks. It’s not up to them, or any other establishment, to decide to disarm lawful civilians. Telling these law abiding folks that their business isn’t wanted is bad business, and not safe for everyone else. Second – if this woman is open carrying without training to do so (situational awareness, self defense training, etc.) she is foolish. It’s one thing to conceal, it’s another to become a target and open carry. She is so inexperienced it’s not even funny. What if someone grabbed her firearm while sipping a latte and shot someone? How would she feel about this little study then? Oh, I know – she’d blame the gun!

I know – she’s trying to make some narrow minded point about gun access. But while doing it…she’s part of the problem!

I’d wager a bet that getting her gun license took a bit longer than a trip to the town hall for a dog license, unless they run a background check, finger print and mug shot the pooch too.

I was pretty tame compared to what I wanted to say - figured no way it would get posted if I ranted:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

First of all, good on Starbucks. It’s not up to them, or any other establishment, to decide to disarm lawful civilians. Telling these law abiding folks that their business isn’t wanted is bad business, and not safe for everyone else. Second – if this woman is open carrying without training to do so (situational awareness, self defense training, etc.) she is foolish. It’s one thing to conceal, it’s another to become a target and open carry. She is so inexperienced it’s not even funny. What if someone grabbed her firearm while sipping a latte and shot someone? How would she feel about this little study then? Oh, I know – she’d blame the gun!

I know – she’s trying to make some narrow minded point about gun access. But while doing it…she’s part of the problem!

I’d wager a bet that getting her gun license took a bit longer than a trip to the town hall for a dog license, unless they run a background check, finger print and mug shot the pooch too.

I'll be curious if it get through the MS MAGAZINE Gestapo.

THis comment is FR'ed, only Chuck Norris should carry!

Such a false sense security. Exactly how would a person carrying a weapon keep some one else from taking the gun from them.? To carry a weapon should require one to know martial art

Back
Top Bottom