Another reason to stop supporting the NRA

I see this as being the biggest problem. They have become a big political machine, and if there wasn't an "enemy" they would cease to exist, so it behooves them to keep the wheels of progress wrt our rights moving as slow as possible. They do it under the guise of being for the "greater good", but in reality it is for the greater good of their organization, and it's continued funding.

THIS. It would be akin to coming up with a cure for disease. The money is in the continuing raised awareness, medicine, etc...

The NRA does more for the RKBA than any individual, or any other group, and it's in all gun owners best interests to advocate joining and working together. Every gun owner benefits from the work done by the NRA, whether, or not, you are a member. For example - we all remember that in 1987 only 10 states recognized the right to carry. Today, due to the NRA, 48 states do (and Wisconsin will join the list). In 1994, there were only 8 states with range protection laws, today 47 states protect ranges.

Let's not forget what they've done for Preemption Laws, Castle Doctrine, Emergency Powers Laws, protecting gun owners and dealers privacy rights with the Tiahrt Amendment and Privacy Protection laws , Hunter Protection laws, "The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act”, the Heller and McDonald decisions, workplace protection laws, as well as fighting against the old and new AW bans, National Park firearms bans, UN Gun Control, Gun Show bans, ballistic fingerprinting, health insurance companies from charging gun owners higher premiums, and reforming the abuses of the BATFE. If you don’t know these issues, or know the numerous lawsuits and legislation NRA is actively involved with daily, throughout the country then you are not informed and not acknowledging all the NRA does.

For every 100 activities and issues the NRA is actively involved in - GOA may editorialize on 1 or 2. I can sometimes appreciate GOA but I am grateful for the NRA . Even if there were no more political or legal issues left, the NRA main purpose and function would continue to be gun ownership, training and education.
In conclusion, there are no other organizations that does all the NRA does.

It's easy to understand why the anti-RKBA media, democrats and liberals to denigrate and distort the NRA organization and membership. It is incomprehensible why you would.

First, you have to decide whose side you are on. It's pretty obvious by posting to discourage NRA support you are not on the side of gun owners.

Secondly, I would suggest you actually get and stay informed with “The First Freedom” NRA’s monthly magazine for the most consistent in depth info, reporting and analysis on NRAs positions and involvement on gun issues, laws, legislation, gun control, lawsuits and politics.

You can switch your subscription online to the print or the premium digital edition at no charge. If you want to switch or subscribe:

http://www.nramemberservices.org

You can also get the daily NRA-ILA legal, legislative and political RKBA e-mail alerts.
Subscribe free at https://secure.nraila.org/EmailSignup.aspx

The NRA does more for the RKBA than any individual, or any other group, and it's in all gun owners best interests to advocate joining and working together. Every gun owner benefits from the work done by the NRA, whether, or not, you are a member. For example - we all remember that in 1987 only 10 states recognized the right to carry. Today, due to the NRA, 48 states do (and Wisconsin will join the list). In 1994, there were only 8 states with range protection laws, today 47 states protect ranges.

Let's not forget what they've done for Preemption Laws, Castle Doctrine, Emergency Powers Laws, protecting gun owners and dealers privacy rights with the Tiahrt Amendment and Privacy Protection laws , Hunter Protection laws, "The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act”, the Heller and McDonald decisions, workplace protection laws, as well as fighting against the old and new AW bans, National Park firearms bans, UN Gun Control, Gun Show bans, ballistic fingerprinting, health insurance companies from charging gun owners higher premiums, and reforming the abuses of the BATFE. If you don’t know these issues, or know the numerous lawsuits and legislation NRA is actively involved with daily, throughout the country then you are not informed and not acknowledging all the NRA does.

For every 100 activities and issues the NRA is actively involved in - GOA may editorialize on 1 or 2. I can sometimes appreciate GOA but I am grateful for the NRA . Even if there were no more political or legal issues left, the NRA main purpose and function would continue to be gun ownership, training and education.
In conclusion, there are no other organizations that does all the NRA does.

It's easy to understand why the anti-RKBA media, democrats and liberals to denigrate and distort the NRA organization and membership. It is incomprehensible why you would.

First, you have to decide whose side you are on. It's pretty obvious by posting to discourage NRA support you are not on the side of gun owners.

Secondly, I would suggest you actually get and stay informed with “The First Freedom” NRA’s monthly magazine for the most consistent in depth info, reporting and analysis on NRAs positions and involvement on gun issues, laws, legislation, gun control, lawsuits and politics.

You can switch your subscription online to the print or the premium digital edition at no charge. If you want to switch or subscribe:

http://www.nramemberservices.org

You can also get the daily NRA-ILA legal, legislative and political RKBA e-mail alerts.
Subscribe free at https://secure.nraila.org/EmailSignup.aspx

You won't drop the twenty bucks it costs to support this site, but you go on and on about how we need to give the NRA money? [rofl]

While I certainly don't disagree that the NRA has done alot for us all in years gone by, lately they simply haven't been doing very much.

In addition to the NH debacle, did anyone actually read their letter to Obama? And how they think we should enforce the laws already on the books?

I think it's time for the SAF to become the 800lb gorilla, and push the National [strike]Rifle[/strike]Pandering Association out of the way.

The NRA drives liberals crazy just like Palin does. I love the liberal columns demonizing the NRA every time some mass shooting is committed. That`s good enough for me.

You have low standards.

Here's a couple of sides. Which one are you on?

Washington Post Blames the NRA for ATF Gun Running Scandal?
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/washington-post-blames-nra-atf-gun-running-scandal_575582.html

NRA Boss: Obama's Gone in 2012
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/06/27/nra-boss-obamas-gone-in-2012

So how much is the NRA paying you? Seriously. Just because they do some things right doesn't mean I want to support them. Some of their arguments are ridiculous anyway, I can't read through any of their freedom articles without throwing up in my mouth a little. The 2nd amendment specifies our right to bear arms, that is all that is needed. Not compromises and fudd lawmaking. They are also trying to send things backwards in some states. Whose side are THEY on? They are on their own side, and that of their political agenda.

Last edited:
I see this as being the biggest problem. They have become a big political machine, and if there wasn't an "enemy" they would cease to exist, so it behooves them to keep the wheels of progress wrt our rights moving as slow as possible. They do it under the guise of being for the "greater good", but in reality it is for the greater good of their organization, and it's continued funding.

By the same reasoning, the police would cease to exist if there were no thugs so it behooves them to keep the criminals on the streets.
The fire departments would cease to exists if there were no fires so it behooves them to go out on a slow day and set a house or two ablaze just to stay employed.
And then there are lawyers, pest control guys, doctors.... Aren't they all surreptitiously creating the problems they later pretend to deliver us from?
Wait, I've got an even better one:
Carrying our guns would make little sense if there were no thugs, so it behooves us gun owners to perpetuate violent crime, right?

NRA EPL, GONH, SAF Life member.

By the same reasoning, the police would cease to exist if there were no thugs so it behooves them to keep the criminals on the streets.
The fire departments would cease to exists if there were no fires so it behooves them to go out on a slow day and set a house or two ablaze just to stay employed.
And then there are lawyers, pest control guys, doctors.... Aren't they all surreptitiously creating the problems they later pretend to deliver us from?
Wait, I've got an even better one:
Carrying our guns would make little sense if there were no thugs, so it behooves us gun owners to perpetuate violent crime, right?

NRA EPL, GONH, SAF Life member.

RTKBA = Natural right

Police/Fire/Pest Control/Doctors = Privileges.

There's a difference. The RTKBA should not be legislated over, but the NRA continues to pick little battles all over the place. What about a national reciprocity act? Banning all gun license structures because they are racist? Constitutional carry? (that they ****ed up in NH). It's a fudd group and also panders to the cool gun culture in law enforcement.

It's not for freemen.

^^^ The truth right there. The NRA has lost their way and hopefully they can find their way back to helping, not hindering, because if they don't, they will go to the wayside. I appreciate what they have done in the past. Don't get me wrong. But the people wanting gun rights changed, have changed. We are not centralized around hunting. The new "kids" on the block excising their natural right to guns don't care about hunting. They want CC, no restrictions, that sort of thing.... You know, like it is supposed to be. You can't cater to the fudds and expect to stay the "800lb gorilla in the room".

^^^ The truth right there. The NRA has lost their way and hopefully they can find their way back to helping, not hindering, because if they don't, they will go to the wayside. I appreciate what they have done in the past. Don't get me wrong. But the people wanting gun rights changed, have changed. We are not centralized around hunting. The new "kids" on the block excising their natural right to guns don't care about hunting. They want CC, no restrictions, that sort of thing.... You know, like it is supposed to be. You can't cater to the fudds and expect to stay the "800lb gorilla in the room".

Exactly, and I fit into that category, even though I'm only a kid at heart these days. I have absolutely no interest in hunting at all, as killing for sport has never been something that I wanted to do. The ability to CC wherever I go (even crossing the imaginary state lines) is definitely way up on my priority list, though, and lately the NRA has blocked bills that would make significant inroads to that end. I actually held off applying for my NH non-res because this new legislation was gaining so much traction there. Now, I guess I'm stuck dropping another c-note for a bs "permit" to do something that I should be able to do anyway.

from a book I am reading
The NRA was founded 120 years ago to promote safety, proficiency, and competition. Those are good things, but they're still recreation. Even today, the NRA spends only a fraction of its budget on civil rights. Don't expect anyone else, particularly not a group whose primary focus is recreation, to safeguard your freedom.

The NRA is a hunting rights group more than a gun rights group.

Oh the largest pro 2A organization in the country isn't doing everything you think they should be doing, so your upset. Really! Chicago vs MacDonald, DC vs Heller, and how about the injunction during Katrina to stop the confiscations. Not to mention all the lobbying they do. I'm not a huge fan of the NRA but I believe in giving credit where credit is due, and they are due. We'd all be in a lot worse shape if it wasn't for you.

Thanks to them some of the pending cases, may actually have a chance here in the PRM. That is also due in large part to GOAL and other groups. Don't want to leave them out.

+1 Sibb, Not supporting the NRA is like not voting for Scott Brown because he's not 100% your way. I don't consider taking the lesser of two evils as complacency.
Reminds me of that old SNL skit The Gay Communist Gun Club [wink]

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/88/88cgunclub.phtml

Last edited:
+1 Sibb, Not supporting the NRA is like not voting for Scott Brown because he's not 100% your way. I don't consider taking the lesser of two evils as complacency.

The big difference, and the reason the two are not the same, is that the NRA is actively trying to kill legislation that would expand our gun rights, they are actively working against us.

That's why they no longer have my support.

RTKBA = Natural right

Police/Fire/Pest Control/Doctors = Privileges.

There's another equally relevant difference: NRA consists of three letters, while Police/Fire/Pest Control/Doctors are comprised by more.

Meanwhile, consider this: Brady Campaign would cease to exist if there were no privately owned guns so it behooves them to maintain 2A and RKBA, therefore they're our friends, right? And you should send your next donation to Brady, not to NRA.

There's another equally relevant difference: NRA consists of three letters, while Police/Fire/Pest Control/Doctors are comprised by more.

Meanwhile, consider this: Brady Campaign would cease to exist if there were no privately owned guns so it behooves them to maintain 2A and RKBA, therefore they're our friends, right? And you should send your next donation to Brady, not to NRA.
troll_2.jpg

There are pro 2a groups out there that are truely pro 2a and not a hunting rights group, gunowners.org, jpfo.org are only two, giving your money to the NRA to support 2a rights will do about as much good as giving it to the ACLU to defend your 2a rights.

The NRA is excellent for training...As to their "championing of the cause", screw the NRA....Check notable pieces of federal gun control legislation and see what actions/inactions were taken by the NRA. Go back to '68', but pay special attention to '86' and peek-a-boo at '94'... The NRA hasn't done the 2nd Amendment any favors, but does use it to rake in some serious dough...

Back
Top Bottom