• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another reason I don’t own a gunvault

I used to work for a company that made security devices for utilities. We all cringed when we saw Kryptonite Bicycle locks defeated with a Bic pen, or Master Locks defeated with a Pepsi can. Then we were shown how our top line lock could be defeated in seconds with a drill.

No lock is impenetrable.

No lock is impenetrable.

This.

There are a lot of reasons to lock up guns...

Because it's the lawrrrrrr (Somehow. Post Heller...), to stop little kids from getting into them, to deter more casual thieves, to limit access to idiots, etc.

This safe does that, and with a little nail polish on those exposed solder points it will do it better.

Outside of a real, expensive, large safe that costs as much as a used car, you're doing just those things and not much more.

Certainly not preventing a pro or semi-pro who knows where they are - and wants them - from taking them.

I boycott them already because the electronics burn out after a couple of years. Worthless junk.

This.

There are a lot of reasons to lock up guns...

Because it's the lawrrrrrr (Somehow. Post Heller...), to stop little kids from getting into them, to deter more casual thieves, to limit access to idiots, etc.

This safe does that, and with a little nail polish on those exposed solder points it will do it better.

Outside of a real, expensive, large safe that costs as much as a used car, you're doing just those things and not much more.

Certainly not preventing a pro or semi-pro who knows where they are - and wants them - from taking them.

This. My safes are not for theft prevention, though most would defeat a casual smash and grab. They're 100% for compliance with the world's most retarded set of firearms storage laws. Side effect is they keep unwanted eyes off of what is actually in them, and thereby removing the need to deflect awkward questions about cost.

This. My safes are not for theft prevention, though most would defeat a casual smash and grab. They're 100% for compliance with the world's most retarded set of firearms storage laws. Side effect is they keep unwanted eyes off of what is actually in them, and thereby removing the need to deflect awkward questions about cost.

Yes. I forgot the most important purpose - hiding the guns you "won in the raffle" from your wife.

Gardall. 10 years running it now. Zero issues. Maybe 2 seconds to open. Bring all the Hubba bubba you want you aren’t getting in it without some serious effort and tools.

Yes. I forgot the most important purpose - hiding the guns you "won in the raffle" from your wife.
Lol. Discussed the Glock group buys with Lady Radtekk the other day. She said "I already have 4 carry options (one of which is a Gen4 G26 btw) so do we really need another? Besides, I'd rather save a little and get a range toy, I REALLY want a 9mm 1911." I told her I want a Browning Hi-Power and showed her one on GB, she said "Nice looking gun". I love my wife!

What's with the creepy voice on the video? Sounds like it was electronically disguised almost like a secret interview on 20/20

Back
Top Bottom