Another place I won't be shopping.

thanks. good to know. How do these idiots get in charge of huge companies and feel it is there right to deny OUR constitutional rights.

wont be eating there again

he can shove one of those bread bowls up his ass

Oh yeah, why you should say "FU" to sites that want you to disable your adblocker. Forbes being a prime example.

Look, I get that providing content on the web costs money. I'd mind the advertising a lot less if it didn't rely on third party sites that have been known to serve up malware, if the advertising sites didn't rely on all sorts of scripting that bogged down my computer (although NoScript works wonders for this), and if the advertising were a lot less obtrusive--no pop-ups, pop-unders, interstitials, dancing "Hit the chimp and win a free iPad" nonsense, and so on. Until that happens I'm using an adblocker.

thanks. good to know. How do these idiots get in charge of huge companies and feel it is there right to deny OUR constitutional rights.

wont be eating there again

I don't know if its the case with panera but I read this as another "stop being fags with guns" type deal instead of a "were posting binding signage everywhere". If the latter is true and its a hard policy instead of a soft one that's a big difference. Both Target and Starbucks have not gone so far as to actually "ban" people, IIRC.

The problem with this stuff is if you call up some random chain and you throw the "are guns allowed in your restauraunt" thing at them, it's not going to be received as well as you would think. If you're not auditing every establishment you visit for their perspective, then your boycott is not being consistent. You can't just say "oh well I still eat there because I don't know whether or not they hate us". [laugh]

I take the other road... which is to stop giving a shit about what they think, unless the ban is so obnoxious that it interferes with my existence.

-Mike

As always concealed means concealed. The wife and I grab bagels from them every weekend as they are pretty damn good. What they don't know wont hurt them.

As always concealed means concealed. The wife and I grab bagels from them every weekend as they are pretty damn good. What they don't know wont hurt them.

exactly...I've been known to wander into one on a Sunday morning, grab a bottomless coffee and read the paper..
To the points raised, as long as there's no obnoxious signage or anti-gun protestors out front it really doesn't phase me. Then again, I don't carry around an AR on a sling into a restaurant and expect everyone to just act casually...

I try to avoid places that advertise as massacre friendly.

I usually don't give a shit about stupid signs but if it is a bank or a jewlery store I will not do business with either of those if posted.. that's the epitome of douchebaggery and putting your customers in danger. It's like putting up a "please, rob our customers coming in and out with gobs of expensive shit" although I've never seen a bank posted in new england, and only the faggots at Jared seem to post their stores.

-Mike

One of the benefits of living around the boston area is i am not forced into a chain food anything, for every panera, subway, chipotle, quiznos, etc, i know of or can find a local place that has the same things, but better! Panera can go touch themselves!
I wish these CEO's would follow michael jordans lead from years ago, when asked why he would not endorse a candidate he said "republicans buy shoes too". If its not food and bev related, STFU.

I have to say, I like their bread bowls. One of those things after work on a cold day and I go to hypersleep in 20 minutes.

Not the bread per se, but I believe all their soups are made by Blount Fine Foods in Fall River, Ma and Warren, RI

I ate there years ago and it was terrible. Like slimey cold turkey terrible. I haven't been back.

Back
Top Bottom