• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

another epic fail, testing my new bullet proof vest, what could go wrong?

The fact that junior couldn't hit a torso sized target with a .22 from what was almost certainly less than 15 feet away says all you need to know. Another side effect of the modern COD/Battlefield generation: Every ******* with little to no firearms experience thinks he's Carlos Hatchcock after a few months on the Xbox.

The fact that junior couldn't hit a torso sized target with a .22 from what was almost certainly less than 15 feet away says all you need to know. Another side effect of the modern COD/Battlefield generation: Every ******* with little to no firearms experience thinks he's Carlos Hatchcock after a few months on the Xbox.

It helps if your first time firing a non virtual .22 is at a practice target. Get some tight groups before firing at a person.

said .22 caliber, could have been 5.56.
moron probably used a vest instead of plate carrier on a riffle round

Are you kidding me? If it had been a rifle round the press would have been all over it. No way they pass up a chance to point out that it was done with an AR or something that fires killy AR bullet magazines.

But I was told a 22LR couldn't kill you?

To quote a comment I saw on here a while back, "Tell that to Bobby Kennedy."

PSGWSP and maybe a Darwin Award too. Not to mention a waste of a .22LR. Stuff is hard to find.

What's even dumber is that there's really no way to test the actual vest you plan on wearing. You can test others made in the same manner, but once a vest takes a hit, it needs to be retired.

Hathcock, welcome. [grin]

Aren't there a couple stupid Hollywood movies or shows that glorify the COD addicts by making the kid a hero when picking up a real gun for an intense scene? Maybe I'm transfering something else into the topic. Anyway, today's generation just doesn't have the same trigger discipline I got from stick rifles and diecast cap guns.[smile]

I'll be honest, I'd really like to know what a .22lr would do to a person wearing a vest. I'm just not curious enough to try it myself.

I've fired a few of them into an old vest and it barely scratched the first layer of fabric (first layer, not first panel). Looked like the .223 (55gn FMJBT) didn't even slow down. Easily handled the 9mm, .38, and .45ACP with some deformation. Posted a photo of it here at one point.

My firm but completely unscientific belief is that the .22lr would maybe sting a little, at most. I don't think it would even leave a mark behind the vest. And I am absolutely, 100% not going to try this. Maybe I'll search YouRube and WorldWorstDipShit or whatever that site is where people post themselves doing dumb shit while they murder the English language is. Somebody must have tried it and posted video. One thing I'm confident in is the stupidity of the average modern human.

wow... darwin awards abound [rolleyes]

pointing a gun at your friend...

firing a gun at your friend...

allowing your friend to point a gun at you...

allowing your friend to fire a gun at you...

What's that line from the commercial? The chances of having TWO double darwin award winners in the same place at the same time is like getting attacked by a polar bear and a "regular" bear in the same day [rolleyes]

Only way this works is if they both walk away or both end up dead... morons.

Back
Top Bottom