Another AG sting

LenS said:
Yes and No!

You haven't been paying much attention to what GOAL HAS BEEN DOING LATELY, I see!

Spend some time reading what they are doing on the www.goal.org website, check out the Legislation headings. Ask them if YOU can help them make it better for all of us, rather than just bitching about it here, which won't help change anything!

I joined GOAL and pay dues. Who works for who again?

Coyote33 said:
I joined GOAL and pay dues. Who works for who again?

If you think that is all that it takes to change laws . . . that a whopping 18,000 members can make all the legislators tremble with fear of our massive voting power, far be it for me to burst your bubble.

AARP is effective because they boast MILLIONS and MILLIONS of members WHO WILL VOTE THEIR ISSUES (more gov't funding, payouts)! NRA to a lesser extent makes folks in DC look up and take notice. NRA and GOAL do NOT have any real political clout in MA . . . too few members to matter.

Worst yet, most gun owners will vote the way AARP wishes than the way GOAL wishes. Proven at every election in MA.

Numbers of GOAL members writing their local legislators, making calls, helping sign up more GOAL members, convincing gun owners to actually register and vote (MANY don't bother) and getting ALL the local gun owners to support GOAL regardless of whether or not it affects them personally WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Most skeet/trap shooters (I used to shoot every week) in MA don't give a damn about LTCs, CCW, "assault weapons", etc. and vote that way. Most hunters in MA don't give a damn about pistols, LTCs, CCW, "assault weapons", etc. and vote accordingly.

Merely paying $30/year dues won't change MA laws and the "massive" GOAL staff of 4 or 5 can't do it by themselves either.

ALL OF US TOGETHER CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE HOWEVER!

LenS said:
Most skeet/trap shooters (I used to shoot every week) in MA don't give a damn about LTCs, CCW, "assault weapons", etc. and vote that way. Most hunters in MA don't give a damn about pistols, LTCs, CCW, "assault weapons", etc. and vote accordingly.

Got THAT right! Scratch a shotgunner; find an anti-gunner. Hunters aren't any better on firearms rights and, if anything, even less informed. [rolleyes]

Merely paying $30/year dues won't change MA laws and the "massive" GOAL staff of 4 or 5 can't do it by themselves either.

And if you think the GOAL staff works "for" you in the sense of being your employees, you are deluded. Your dues wouldn't cover its paper costs for a month.

Indeed, with that attitude, I'd say GOAL works in spite of you.

Back
Top Bottom