Announcing Commonwealth Second Amendment

Do you know where your offices or headquarters will be located? The reason I ask is that maybe, like GOAL, there may be times you need volunteers to work stuffing envelopes and such.

Looking forward to getting involved. Nice to see you have reached out to SAF too as they are the guys with the plan nationally. Thanks for all the hard work so far and in the future.

The NRA has not backed direct litigation in MA, and has on at least one occasion (a request I submitted) turned down a request for assistance in funding litigation on a MA issue.

GOAL has done many great things but, as far as I understand, their involvement in the direct litigation process is limited to referring members to attorneys they may privately hire - not organizing and funding specific litigation designed to impact the current state of affairs.

Comm2a is about filling an un-met need, not competing with organizations that already do a very good job of filling the particular niches they have carved out for themselves.

GOAL has done many great things but, as far as I understand, their involvement in the direct litigation process is limited to referring members to attorneys they may privately hire - not organizing and funding specific litigation designed to impact the current state of affairs.

Comm2a is about filling an un-met need, not competing with organizations that already do a very good job of filling the particular niches they have carved out for themselves.

Which is why I was thinking that they might work together - example: a GOAL member is having a problem with a permit. Solution? Refer him to Comm2A as they might be able to help where GOAL could not.

Which is why I was thinking that they might work together - example: a GOAL member is having a problem with a permit. Solution? Refer him to Comm2A as they might be able to help where GOAL could not.

We will certainly be referring people to GOAL when we are contacted by people looking for NRA training courses, and are not going to market ourselves as any sort of "alternative" or "substitute" to GOAL. The missions each has undertaken are different, but we are both fighting for the same thing.

Last edited:
For years the exercise of this fundamental right by Massachusetts residents has been subject to unfair, unequal, and discriminatory treatment by the law and those responsible with administering the law.
Knuckle Dragger, now I know why you wanted to speak to me at a later date and time. I, like hundreds of others, have factual personal horror stories of unfair LTC practices that need to be ABOLISHED. Good Luck Comm2A and continue to "fight the good fight"!

That was kind of fun, good host, good questions.

Thank you everyone for your support. We're necessarily playing our cards a little close right now. One of the hardest things about this venture is deciding where to start - there is no shortage of laws, regulations, customs and practices that can be challenged under the 2nd or 14th amendments, or both. There are some very good things happening around the country and I'm confident well be able to replicate some of those accomplishments here.

Keep watching this space.[wink]

That was kind of fun, good host, good questions.

Thank you everyone for your support. We're necessarily playing our cards a little close right now. One of the hardest things about this venture is deciding where to start - there is no shortage of laws, regulations, customs and practices that can be challenged under the 2nd or 14th amendments, or both. There are some very good things happening around the country and I'm confident well be able to replicate some of those accomplishments here.

Keep watching this space.[wink]

I've been impatiently waiting for your post since last night in the general section, but it's now clear that I was looking in the wrong place [laugh]

As others have said, Go Team!

How will Comm2A's efforts relate to the work Jesse Cohen is doing to build a team of people to strategize and concentrate on an approach to MA challenges to the law, subsequent to the MacDonald decision?

As Titan and I have asked.

We’ve consulted with Jesse during the planning of Comm2A and he’s well briefed on our objectives and approach. Successfully challenging 2nd amendment infringement in MA will require the application of pressure across many different fronts. We’ll push in some places, GOAL will continue to their good work, and attorneys like Jesse will likely aggressively leverage Heller/McDonald on behalf of their individual clients. Comm2A’s objective is to fundamentally change the game by targeting laws, regulations, customs, and practices that violate our civil liberties.

This, and Jessies gearing up, is the action I've been looking forward to for a loooooong time.

No more Mr. Nice Guy.

[devil]

This is awesome!

When I joined NES, my first posts were about an effort to eliminate [STRIKE]discretionary[/STRIKE] discriminatory licensing. Brent (Knuckle Dragger) and Tom (terraformer) were right there with encouraging comments. I’ve since met Derek and Tom in person at an NES shoot, and I’ve learned a lot from reading Rob Boudrie’s excellent posts on legal matters. I don’t know much about Donna (or Joe), but I have to say that this sounds like a great team.

I think it’s high time that the oppressors of our Second Amendment Rights got sued. If a few people lose their jobs as a result, their like-minded counterparts may stop making citizens defenseless against the dregs of society.

I don't know if this is what Comm2A is about, but I would like to see fear instilled in these traitors to the Constitution.

I’ve already donated, and I expect that you’ll have my continued financial support. I will encourage everyone I know to donate as well… just like I do with GOAL. I hope everyone here gets behind Comm2A! Please contact me if there’s anything more I can do to help.

Back
Top Bottom