Ammunition Accountability?

Huh. In addition to being a means to make ammo expensive and scarce, it's also a nifty way to render illegal all those stockpiles now in private hands. I think we need a "scariest gun legislation ideas you can imagine" thread.

Elements of this proposal are pretty scary. Next, I suppose we'll see a requirement for RFID transponders in all guns. They could call it ... "The e-Serial Number Act" and sell it to the public as a "common sense measure to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists".

Hell, we could RFID-tag all the ammo, too, and then the cops could just drive by scan you to make sure you're not over your storage limit. Public safety, you know.

Yes, I found this to be incredibly scary. Imagine the cost, if we had to destroy ammo. We could even fight it on those grounds.

Huh. In addition to being a means to make ammo expensive and scarce, it's also a nifty way to render illegal all those stockpiles now in private hands. I think we need a "scariest gun legislation ideas you can imagine" thread.

Elements of this proposal are pretty scary. Next, I suppose we'll see a requirement for RFID transponders in all guns. They could call it ... "The e-Serial Number Act" and sell it to the public as a "common sense measure to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists".

Hell, we could RFID-tag all the ammo, too, and then the cops could just drive by scan you to make sure you're not over your storage limit. Public safety, you know.

I could see them RFID tagging guns but ammo not so much. It could potentially replace the engraved serial number in guns when you think about it. Instead of having a serial number that can be scratched off by a criminal you would have the RFID tag built in to the gun somewhere where they can not fiddle with it.

Not any different than microstamping. I hope the industry has a spine and tells these people to FOAD.

-Mike

IANAL, but the penalties section of their sample is not complete for 'their agenda'. I'm not going to post here so they can update it.

It should come as no surprise that that website is owned by the same company that manufactures the ammo serializing equipment and technology.

f*** them! f*** them and oh yeah... f*** THEM!

by the way... f*** THEM!

so sick of this shit... "lets come up with more ways to make it harder for the law abiding gun owners and find ways to turn them into criminals by making them jump through MORE hoops..."

did I say f*** THEM yet?

I think I posted about this about 2 weeks ago, they will follow the path of least resistance. If they can't take away our guns they will try for our ammo. It's only a matter of time...

I might be mistaken, but from what I've gathered of the constitution and the comments that the writers of the Bill Of Rights have made as to their intentions, the reason for the stockpile IS so that no one can take it away from you.

I think I posted about this about 2 weeks ago, they will follow the path of least resistance. If they can't take away our guns they will try for our ammo. It's only a matter of time...

So, instead they need to find more resistance. Like getting ahold of those that are supposed to represent us and telling them not only no, but f*** NO.

We have to track every little thing they try to pass. They will find us more organized and far more resistant then in 1993 and 1994.

We need to let everyone know that we won't stand for this shit. Our Founding Fathers had it right and in 300 years we've gone way too far past their original ideals and thoughts that they stood up for, shed blood for and paid the ultimate price for.

Gee, I guess I'll have to buy all new mold blocks so I can cast officially approved bullets.

This is so stupid, on so many levels that it's hard to know where to begin. If I buy a box of factory ammo do they record my personal information along with the "numbers" from the bullets? What happens if I sell or give the ammo to someone else? Am I now going to have to fill out an "ammo transfer form?"

The moonbats who dreamed this up need to have surgery. They should have some slits cut into their lower abdomen so they can see with their head up their ass!

My God, it never stops.

I'm sure it's for the children...

I don't see the problem. This will help prevent crime, right? Okay, maybe not prevent it through deterrence but we'll catch the criminals easier now 'cause they'll abide by the law and use this stuff, right?
Hold on... [puke]

As for the RFID comments - RFID's are actually easy to erase and becoming even easier to reprogram. Ssssh, don't tell.

Last edited:
So, instead they need to find more resistance. Like getting ahold of those that are supposed to represent us and telling them not only no, but f*** NO.

We have to track every little thing they try to pass. They will find us more organized and far more resistant then in 1993 and 1994.

We need to let everyone know that we won't stand for this shit. Our Founding Fathers had it right and in 300 years we've gone way too far past their original ideals and thoughts that they stood up for, shed blood for and paid the ultimate price for.

Agreed, game on.

The best way to fight gun control is to introduce new shooters to the sport, and to support legislation that eases access to gun purchase and carry. When my home state's old law that required handgun sales to be approved by a local sheriff was removed, handgun sales jumped. When concealed carry was allowed, many people I know took the carry course and purchased a carry gun. We can thank the movement toward concealed carry for a much more gun-friendly public. One gun owner who carries concealed is much more valuable, in my opinion, than ten Elmer Fudd duck hunters. The concealed carry gun owner understands that gun rights are about self defense, and that guns ideally suited for self defense are not inherently evil.

Most social change in this world is achieved by a few innovators (good or bad) leading the masses in an emotional manner. People who don't own guns or who don't see guns as legitimate tools of self defense are easy for anti-gun types to manipulate.

That 'website' is owned and proxied by...Ammunition Coding Systems, who would be the greatest benefactor of this new crime fighting technology. This same old same tried and failed solution to the real problem, the same old attempt with a different spin.

Last edited:
That 'website' is owned and proxied by...Ammunition Coding Systems, who would be the greatest benefactor of this new crime fighting technology. This same old same tried and failed solution to the real problem, the same old attempt with a different spin.

I don't know who to loathe more ... those who would deprive us of our liberties, or those who would gleefully profit from the act. [thinking]

I don't know who to loathe more ... those who would deprive us of our liberties, or those who would gleefully profit from the act. [thinking]

The latter. At least the former are acting in what they perceive to be the 'right' way (I don't AGREE with it but at least they're sincere in their beliefs) but the profiteers deserve a slow-roasting in hell.

"How will the ACS technology process work?

A unique ACS code will be assigned to each box of new ammunition. Most major ammunition manufacturers already use bar-coding for inventory control and management. Ammunition manufacturers will simply include the ACS code in their current bar coding system. Ammunition retailers will scan the bar code on each box of bullets along with the purchaser’s driver’s license or state issued ID. The resulting electronic record would be transferred to a secure computer database that would confidentially maintain individual ammunition sales information."

So basically if some criminal gets a hold of the ammo you bought you can now be implicated in any crimes that they commit.

It should come as no surprise that that website is owned by the same company that manufactures the ammo serializing equipment and technology.
How did you figure that out? The registration is hidden via domains by proxy.

I don't think forcing thousands of people and businesses to throw away tens of thousands of round of ammunition is going to help the economy. What about the stores that have spent large amounts of money on stock, and now have to throw it all away?
I know there are people out there who cast their own bullets, so they would have to give that up? People trade ammo too, would they have to fill out a form, submit it to the [AGENCY], and wait for confirmation to give someone some ammo? Or would this charity be illegal?
Here's a little example:
A lot of people bring some sort of standered ammo to shoots, and sometimes trade it for other ammo; would they have to go through a lengthy process to do so? Or would it simply be immposible?
What about if some people pool their ammo? Well, if this stupid idea passed, then that would be a very bad idea.

Maybe it's my paranoia, but this seems a lot like an idea to take away peoples stored ammo, making gun owners temporarily vulnerable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom