ammo shortage??

If you're sitting around with cash to spend and nothing to buy then this is the perfect time to get yourself into reloading. Go get a press and whatever else you can right now. When components become available start reloading. Start saving that brass you used to leave behind at the range. Take a class.

Lol Fools! If you are panic buying now you have not been properly preparing..... y’all are just hoarders at this point. Lol

Ya, now is really not the time to be buying, but if you need it, you need it. I'd buy a small amount and call it "lesson learned".

I just finished canning up a couple of cases of Wolf Gold that I bought last week just before prices went apeshit. Won't buy anymore until prices return to previous price ranges.

Per GUN or per Caliber? If it's caliber I'm good, if it's gun I'm in trouble Somebody like @Zappa would need a warehouse-full if it's per GUN.

if your a shooter you may need alot of ammo...
I find the SHTF 1000rds guideline to be nonse.. ill settle for one mag.

I just find it funny everybody else is hoarding the stuff and I’m shooting it off

Target Sports in stock:

1 brand at 60 cents/round. The rest are 85 cents per round or higher.

9mm
1 brand at 52 cents/round. The rest 70 cents/round or higher.

Fyi ... Brownells has a lot of pistol primers.

I don’t get too worked up about primers, I will use any primer I can get. I’m super picky about rifle bullets and they are really scarce. Pistol bullets are even more scarce in the things I like. I’m less picky with pistol bullets and @andrew1220 gave me some options. I would never vary my rifle loads since there are so many downstream affects, I was taking that mentality to pistol reloading which is new to me.

I don’t get too worked up about primers, I will use any primer I can get. I’m super picky about rifle bullets and they are really scarce. Pistol bullets are even more scarce in the things I like. I’m less picky with pistol bullets and @andrew1220 gave me some options. I would never vary my rifle loads since there are so many downstream affects, I was taking that mentality to pistol reloading which is new to me.
Yeah, rifle is tough, specially if it's a caliber people dont cast for.

If you need CCI Large Rifle Magnum, I have 4K I can trade. And, I think I have 1-2K CCI Large Rifle.

Target Sports in stock:

1 brand at 60 cents/round. The rest are 85 cents per round or higher.

9mm
1 brand at 52 cents/round. The rest 70 cents/round or higher.

thats full retard. Im selling shit off but if your dumb enough to pay that or we havent met in person, i just wont do it...

I should be gouging the shit out of everybody. But I rather deal with people actually show up

Just curious how much is enough ammo. I must have three thousand round of 9mm, not counting my carry ammo. Also about two thousand rounds of 556. I always have about that much kicking around. If not more.
Every person is different based on what your doing with your ammo. If you shoot 2-3 times a week that 3000 rounds of 9mm may not be enough. If your stocking up ammo for shtf 3000 rounds of 9mm may be too much unless you plan to use it to barter......as I've debates awhile ago with a rookie "prepper" bragging about his 5k rounds of 9mm making him good to go for the apocalypse...... after asking a few questions turns out he owned 2 9mm handguns and 2 mags for each of them. Dude......what the f*** good is 5k rounds when you only have 4 mags and 2 guns? Told him sell a bunch of 9mm and buy a damn rifle.

My point .....each situation is different.

What was the pre virus going rate for 00 buck ? It's now .80 for 00 2 3\4 .
I'd like to stock some
That seems to be what is lowest in my lead pantry
That was going rate for buckshot. I have routinely spent $3.99 to $4.99 on a 5 round box of buck.

The prepper types always seem to state 1,000 rds per firearm for SHTF. Which probably doesn't make sense for most of us who stock up primarily to keep our normal range schedule going without worrying about ammo shortages. I kept track of what I shot for a few years and stocked up based on that average. Feels good to have enough inventory for years of upcoming range trips.
Yeah some of the newbie preppers are full retard. 1,000 rounds of "nine" ain't worth a damn if all you own is a shield 9mm and 2 mags. Some of em think they are gonna take on the world with a f***ing carry 9 and a safe full of blazer fmj.

Yeah some of the newbie preppers are full retard. 1,000 rounds of "nine" ain't worth a damn if all you own is a shield 9mm and 2 mags. Some of em think they are gonna take on the world with a f***ing carry 9 and a safe full of blazer fmj.
It's not about "taking on the world with all your ammo".

Ammo can be used for barter, hunting, and currency. Plus, the value of ammo generally doesn't depreciate.

It's not about "taking on the world with all your ammo".

Ammo can be used for barter, hunting, and currency. Plus, the value of ammo generally doesn't depreciate.
If you read my previous post I addressed using it for barter. It was post 321

However, I stand by my opinion that you ain't defending shit with a subcompact 9 and 2 mags if the shit really does hit the fan

Last edited:
Thats hillarious, need a thousand per caliber but have two mags...
Unless your using ammo as currency/barder... the only “gun play” your likely to survive is based on you firing first...
This isnt a john wick movie ....I’m a decent shot but I can’t n outshoot the common cold.

I know of a vendor that plans to have Fiocchi 55 gr 223 cases (1,000 rounds) in stock on Saturday. $299.99 plus 5.5% tax and about $22 shipping.
Not sure if that’s a good deal for people in need of 223?
PM if interested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom