• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ammo shortage??

I was in one of my local shops today. The shelves were pretty bare and everyone was coming in looking for .22LR. One woman was coping an attitude that they didn't have any .380 and she only wanted a couple of "bricks" of it, with each brick being 250rds. She was complaining about the shop not knowing when their order was coming in today and that it might not have all the .380 she wants on top of the store restricting how much you could buy at one time. And I'm sure if I was there when she came back for the .380 that they would sell her, she would bitch about how much it costs.

The other thing that was basically unable to be found in the shop was any other handgun caliber loaded with hollow points.

Just an FYI...Bass Pro currently has Blazer Brass 115gr 9mm in stock for $9.99 a box...only crappy part is a 2 box limit. They just got 6 cases in late yesterday afternoon. Stopped by on a whim as my buddy was there yesterday morning and were sold out. Left with my 2 box limit.

I was in Patriot Arms in Ipswich today. No line to speak of. They're mostly out of "normal" ammo, but they haven't jacked up prices and they have fair deals on what they have left. Some .40 and x54R, plenty of random boxes of deer calibers and birdshot if you're in the market. I'm well stocked for common stuff so I did a little elective buying and got some cheap .30-30 for my Marlin 336 I've never fired.

Observations:
Everyone wants 9mm and .223 like it's alcohol and toilet paper.
NCIS check via phone is basically not happening so everyone in the store picking something up (including me) circled like sharks for two hours and had to give up. Use a store that does echeck if you're trying to buying right now.
New pistols, semi rifles, and defensive shotguns are hot sellers. Used metal-framed pistols, hunting rifles and shotguns, and vintage/milsurp are not.

I saw ads in the members section for 9mm at .40 per round. Yeah, no.

I saw that gouging, too, along with the sold listing with the price removed. Make fun of AR15.com all you want, but I give them credit for their rule that your asking price stays up after you sell something.

Ah, capitalism.

I saw that gouging, too, along with the sold listing with the price removed. Make fun of AR15.com all you want, but I give them credit for their rule that your asking price stays up after you sell something.

Ah, capitalism.
About 90% of the sold listings on NES have the price or all of the info deleted.

Ah, capitalism.
Why is that anyway? I always wondered why people take the time to edit out the price or erase the ad instead of just editing the title to SOLD

I was in Patriot Arms in Ipswich today. No line to speak of. They're mostly out of "normal" ammo, but they haven't jacked up prices and they have fair deals on what they have left. Some .40 and x54R, plenty of random boxes of deer calibers and birdshot if you're in the market. I'm well stocked for common stuff so I did a little elective buying and got some cheap .30-30 for my Marlin 336 I've never fired.

Observations:
Everyone wants 9mm and .223 like it's alcohol and toilet paper.
NCIS check via phone is basically not happening so everyone in the store picking something up (including me) circled like sharks for two hours and had to give up. Use a store that does echeck if you're trying to buying right now.
New pistols, semi rifles, and defensive shotguns are hot sellers. Used metal-framed pistols, hunting rifles and shotguns, and vintage/milsurp are not.

I picked up two pistols 4 weeks ago and it took 45 min to get a response from NH BG check. That was on a Tuesday morning at 10am. I cant even imagine the wait now.

Why is that anyway? I always wondered why people take the time to edit out the price or erase the ad instead of just editing the title to SOLD

They click edit, hit CTRL+A, then delete. It’s not that time consuming, but I agree that those ads should be left up. Makes it easier to judge the local market without having to deal with GB or AL.

Ah, capitalism.

I realize it feels good but the listed price is meaningless, it doesn't tell you what the thing actually sold for.

The 900 dollar glock thing around here is a myth/urban legend. Nobody actually pays that shit. Unless they're retarded. It probably gets negotiated downward quite a bit.

-Mike

They click edit, hit CTRL+A, then delete. It’s not that time consuming, but I agree that those ads should be left up. Makes it easier to judge the local market without having to deal with GB or AL.
Im sure its not a time consuming thing to do. I guess my point was why even do it? Why hide the price after the fact?

I was in one of my local shops today. The shelves were pretty bare and everyone was coming in looking for .22LR. One woman was coping an attitude that they didn't have any .380 and she only wanted a couple of "bricks" of it, with each brick being 250rds. She was complaining about the shop not knowing when their order was coming in today and that it might not have all the .380 she wants on top of the store restricting how much you could buy at one time. And I'm sure if I was there when she came back for the .380 that they would sell her, she would bitch about how much it costs.

The other thing that was basically unable to be found in the shop was any other handgun caliber loaded with hollow points.
If this lady was on here she’d be all set.. I have 1450rds of .380 in the classifieds for $2-3 less per box average than current shelf price. No gouging just sold the pistol getting out of the caliber completely

I had to run down to Tractor Supply, went into Patriot Arms on my way back to work.
Holy Shit! Almost all the handguns were gone. They asked if I had any 5.56, 45 ACP or 9mm.
I might let some inventory go.

I tried to help with that. Anyone scores an HK P30 there in the next few days and I'll autograph it for you.

I recently paid and had my layaway stuff shipped to the FFL, with a few extra things. Today I ended up calling up one company to cancel the order they still hadn't shipped from the weekend (really didn't need the two extra cerakote lowers and potentially they were going to be in limbo land by the time they got to the FFL, who I think may be closed soon).. so I went down today since the rest had shown up this afternoon and they basically took my form and said they would call - didn't even entertain the idea they would hear back tonight (which is fine with me, rather not waste my time milling around the store).

Also said something about an E system of some sort being down. Sounds like a typical brady mess, will be happy to rescue my new guns next week.

However, I stand by my opinion that you ain't defending shit with a subcompact 9 and 2 mags if the shit really does hit the fan
Agreed. But I would rather have it, than a sharp stick

not sure if y'all got the memo, but you can't really shoot the virus
It's all about the toilet paper. We must defend the toilet paper.

Was at delta arsenal in wallingford ct today to pick up my sig p365 they had sent back to get a new front sight. very crowded, not many handguns left in the case not a lot of ammo left. Seemed like quite a few people waiting for their approvals. picked up my sig, bought some range time. The staff there is always friendly and helpful even when they are extremely busy.

Was at delta arsenal in wallingford ct today to pick up my sig p365 they had sent back to get a new front sight. very crowded, not many handguns left in the case not a lot of ammo left. Seemed like quite a few people waiting for their approvals. picked up my sig, bought some range time. The staff there is always friendly and helpful even when they are extremely busy.
How do you like the Sig? I was thinking of buying one for around $500. Good deal?

Back
Top Bottom