• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ammo shortage??

The brands were PMC and Prvi Partizan on targetsports, they seem to be the only ones around 30 cents that doesnt get bought up in 17.9 nano seconds. But it might not be bought up for a reason...

I did hear about the shipment, but Peabody is around a 1 and a half hour drive from me (if not more) so simply cant swing by to check...
You end up ordering the 223?

Target Sports in stock:

1 brand at 60 cents/round. The rest are 85 cents per round or higher.

9mm
1 brand at 52 cents/round. The rest 70 cents/round or higher.

Yikes! Ill stick to .40 its certainly not more expensive now!

40 cal ammo in stock.......

.24 cents/round target ammo
44 cents a round or higher for good HP ammo.

If you read my previous post I addressed using it for barter. It was post 321

However, I stand by my opinion that you ain't defending shit with a subcompact 9 and 2 mags if the shit really does hit the fan

It does depriciate if your buying target 9mm at 0.60 a round!

During yet another 9MM ammo shortage, those who still shoot 40S&W overheard saying:

Bahahawawahawaha.....

;-)

I shoot them interchangeability and stock both, were some good deals on 1000 counts of Remington at some point and been a little over stocked ever since.

You end up ordering the 223?

No, I decided to abandon my ar project (for now at least, fixed ar is just not practical compared to my sks) and get 7.62x39 instead from local stores which seem to have had a nice supply. After putting a lot more rounds through the sks I adjusted to it and all my complaints about the rifle are gone.

No, I decided to abandon my ar project (for now at least, fixed ar is just not practical compared to my sks) and get 7.62x39 instead from local stores which seem to have had a nice supply. After putting a lot more rounds through the sks I adjusted to it and all my complaints about the rifle are gone.
That’s the spirit! Work with what you have that is trusted and easy to shoot. Ashamedly I still don’t own an sks.

Seeing shortages and long shipping delays at least now. Placed two orders last weekend after a long range trip (first one in several months). One arrived yesterday the other is scheduled to arrive Monday. Looks like there is a 10-15 day shipping delay now.

Looks like there is a run on physical gold and silver as well with the stock market crapping out. All of my favorite vendors are out of stock.

was going to buy last weekend but never pulled the trigger. Oh well. This could be a rough ride

Nice! A SKS was my first rifle purchase years ago. Accurate and reliable. Haven’t shot it in probably 5+ years. Need to dust it off.

Target Sports in stock:

1 brand at 60 cents/round. The rest are 85 cents per round or higher.

9mm
1 brand at 52 cents/round. The rest 70 cents/round or higher.

I can load 9mm for about .12 a round.
Searching vendors just now, (03/20/2020 @~10:30AM EST), I can buy 9mm for .18 a round. Add in shipping charges, and it'll go up a couple cents.

Which leads to two further observations -
1) I saw ads in the members section for 9mm at .40 per round. Yeah, no.
2) I know that some of the sources I get ammo from are not available to people in Massachusetts; so the fact that I could (if I chose to), buy ammo for a reasonable price doesn't absolutely mean that you can.

I can load 9mm for about .12 a round.
Searching vendors just now, (03/20/2020 @~10:30AM EST), I can buy 9mm for .18 a round. Add in shipping charges, and it'll go up a couple cents.

Which leads to two further observations -
2) I know that some of the sources I get ammo from are not available to people in Massachusetts; so the fact that I could (if I chose to), buy ammo for a reasonable price doesn't absolutely mean that you can.

Yup, those of us in MA are a bit hamstrung on vendors that will ship here.

To be clear I don't think they are gouging. I think just high end target and personal protection ammo are all they have left in stock.

Looks like there is a run on physical gold and silver as well with the stock market crapping out. All of my favorite vendors are out of stock.

was going to buy last weekend but never pulled the trigger. Oh well. This could be a rough ride

Vendors typically hold the low-premium stuff during extreme lows. Wouldn't be surprised when metals bounce back they'll sell you as much as you can carry.

Last monday's USA Today had a column showing the line at Turners Outdoors. They interviewed a customer who bought $1500 worth of guns and ammo. He said "when the looters come around, I'll be ready". Could this have something to do with it?

Nice! A SKS was my first rifle purchase years ago. Accurate and reliable. Haven’t shot it in probably 5+ years. Need to dust it off.
I have a Norinco. Had it for a few years now. Shoot it a few times a year and have to say it's an ok rifle.....after the kivari trigger job. It's still a marginal trigger but I can ring steel standing off hand at 100 yards 10 for 10 every time with tula steel case. That's what I expected when I got it and that's what it does.

I did make the trip to a local shop last Saturday morning at opening time. Picked up quite a bit of silver bars for $15.50 an ounce cash and carry.

I did make the trip to a local shop last Saturday morning at opening time. Picked up quite a bit of silver bars for $15.50 an ounce cash and carry.

I haven't looked at silver for a while. I just pulled an invoice from 5 years ago, (March 17th, 2015), for some American Silver Eagles. 19.31 per unit.

Right in alignment with these "ammo deals" from this morning. 🤮

XZUAPqI.jpg

I put a "sad" reaction on that post and the guy decided to PM trying to justify the post. What a clown.[rofl]
The same thing happened to me except with a "Wow" react...I notified him that I did not report the post for gouging like I reported another post but he was annoyed I didn't react similarly to the post before his. So I decided to be fair and I went back to the classified listings and "Wow" reacted to the other post. I am a man of culture.

The same thing happened to me except with a "Wow" react...I notified him that I did not report the post for gouging like I reported another post but he was annoyed I didn't react similarly to the post before his. So I decided to be fair and I went back to the classified listings and "Wow" reacted to the other post. I am a man of culture.
He said the same thing to me. He knows what he is doing and scrolling through other posts to compare reactions. I told him I didn't react to the other post because it was disabled and had no pricing listed.

I also told him IDGAF what you do this is America and a free market you do as you wish. He also told me he paid $350 and "was looking to get his money back". Yeah so is everyone who bought stocks last week.......

I have a Norinco. Had it for a few years now. Shoot it a few times a year and have to say it's an ok rifle.....after the kivari trigger job. It's still a marginal trigger but I can ring steel standing off hand at 100 yards 10 for 10 every time with tula steel case. That's what I expected when I got it and that's what it does.
I have a Norinco as well. It’s going to be fun to take to the range soon I am interested to see how I can do with the smaller stock. I’m 5’8” so just slightly taller than the average Chinese man so it shouldn’t be terrible but I’m also considering ordering a Dragunov Choate stock from Midway USA because of the tacticool factor and also because it might fit better and not crunch my shoulder.
@jron Yeah I’m trying to make peace right now and bury the hatchet I just told him “good luck on the sale” and want to move on with prepping. I just sent my Glock 45 into the factory and want to focus on the important things not getting into little arguments with NES salesmen online.

Ah...Capitalism sucks, I get it. "Report the post for gouging"? Report it to who? You really should report yourself for being a dick.

Back
Top Bottom