ammo shortage??

file.php

What shortage>?

Don’t PANIC!
There is absolutely NO AMMO SHORTAGE.

I posted on a thread 4 weeks ago that I saw 9mm drying up and I was told I was CRAZY.

Who’s CRAZY NOW? o_O

BTW, hope all is well in Merry old New England. Florida is great! Shelves are full of toilet paper, peanut butter and AMMO!
Everyone Stay safe and I’m praying for you all.

~Enbloc
Well, my parents can't seem to find toilet paper anywhere in Jupiter.

Shooters Outpost just posted this photo on FB an hour ago. Looks like they stocked up but you’ll have to get there quick I’m sure. Someone commented that they were selling cases of 9mm for $170 last week. Not sure if the prices are the same. @G Port
C22CA83A-AEEC-43B5-B39A-CEDDB0485DAD.jpeg

I have primers and powder on my shelf, and more on the way.

But, I checked Midway just now for Small Pistol Primers - and they're out of stock, no backorders allowed.

View attachment 339357

View attachment 339358

I wasn’t reloading in 2012 which is why I do now. I was on this board tho, I feel like the powder and primer hunters were as much or maybe even more frustrated than the 22 hunters. I bought my first .40 in 2012, I never used it but I absolutely switched between 45 and 9mm in IDPA based on what I could overpay for a few boxes of ammo to go to a match. I vowed that would not happen again.

I have primers and powder on my shelf, and more on the way.

But, I checked Midway just now for Small Pistol Primers - and they're out of stock, no backorders allowed.

View attachment 339357

View attachment 339358

You can use CCI400 small rifle for pistols as long as you are running stock springs. Never had an issue in any of my Glocks or M&Ps for 9mm. Don't use military CCI41s. It won't work as they are too thick of a cup.

I only buy CCI400s so I can keep the same primer for pistols and rifles.

I'm well stocked on all of my usual rounds, but I need some food for the new Ruger Match Champion that I just bought. Should be fun.

Just left Shooters Outpost. Craziness. But picked up 24k Fiocchi Pistol primers to split with some friends.
They have a decent amount of ammo in stock but the prices went up - see photo.
8E97293A-2182-4ABF-AD54-48830B8B30B4.jpeg 9C665618-7569-401F-B54D-554BD7CCAAD4.jpeg 8462B1D5-963C-4B24-815E-F628EADEBEE9.jpeg

Attachments

• 2B93DA3E-B3CA-4CD8-9CD5-70D690E07569.jpeg
    2B93DA3E-B3CA-4CD8-9CD5-70D690E07569.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 3
I realized that my defense ammo is far too old recently, so I went on a hunt yesterday and found some at Brownells. Tossed a few hundred rounds of WWB on the order as well since I was ordering and it was in stock. Got an email today with the order confirmation. No notification, just a line showing the WWB was canceled.

I got my LTC in 2013 and remember paying ridiculous prices just to get a couple boxes of 9mm. What annoys me now is that despite having a decent stockpile of ammo, I am hesitant to go shoot it if I can't replace it. I was really enjoying shooting recently and being able to order cases of ammo at reasonable prices online and often finding them at local shops even cheaper. Now I guess I'll just sit on my stockpile of x39 and 9mm until things go back to normal and limit my shooting to 22 out of my bolt action rifle to conserve.

Another great benefit of reloading. Not only is the ammo cheaper, but I have enough components to make ammo for years. I am not changing my shooting habits at all.

I've considered reloading but unfortunately I've collected firearms in calibers that don't make sense for reloading (9mm, 7.62x39 and 22LR). I guess a case can be made for 9mm now but a few weeks ago it didn't really make sense.

I've considered reloading but unfortunately I've collected firearms in calibers that don't make sense for reloading (9mm, 7.62x39 and 22LR). I guess a case can be made for 9mm now but a few weeks ago it didn't really make sense.
7.62 and 22 no doesn’t make sense. But with 9mm being able to make it without leaving my house to burn gas driving to a shop or waiting for it to arrive from TSUSA is convenient.
But I realize it may not be worth it for some. Especially if you shoot 200 rounds per month or don’t shoot competitions, just plink at the range. I don’t want/need factory ammo that’s loaded fairly warm, for my comp guns. To each their own.

I realized that my defense ammo is far too old recently, so I went on a hunt yesterday and found some at Brownells. Tossed a few hundred rounds of WWB on the order as well since I was ordering and it was in stock. Got an email today with the order confirmation. No notification, just a line showing the WWB was canceled.

What do you mean your defense ammo is too old?🤔

7.62 and 22 no doesn’t make sense. But with 9mm being able to make it without leaving my house to burn gas driving to a shop or waiting for it to arrive from TSUSA is convenient.
But I realize it may not be worth it for some. Especially if you shoot 200 rounds per month or don’t shoot competitions, just plink at the range. I don’t want/need factory ammo that’s loaded fairly warm, for my comp guns. To each their own.

Sorry. I should have said it doesn't make sense for ME. I don't question the validity of reloading 9mm, especially for competition shooters or for anybody who shoots other calibers and already has the equipment.

Ya I'm not sure there is such a thing as too old on well stored ammo, but if there is I ought to figure it out.

Most of the ammo I've got is in deep storage mode, packed tightly into gasketed cans with dry packs, stacked up in a dry area. My ASSumption is it can sit there for decades and come out in about the same condition as it went in.

Back
Top Bottom