ammo shortage??

10 days isn't a big deal if you are not fresh out. Rather have it spoken for and on the way for next week than not at all.

My guess it's just a cover-ass but no telling how virus reductions in force (ie to prevent big numbers of people mingling) are just gonna slow down shipping overall.

I shoot a lot of 9mm so it only makes sense to have alot more on hand since we have spring/summer/fall coming and 75% of my guns are in that caliber.

Red Army is down to 59 cases as of now after my 2 case order. $7.35 a brick. $159 a case before taxes and insurance.

After my 5 case order last week I decided to add a little. 500 rounds of 357 and a 5k case of 22 got ordered last night after seeing that 10 day thing. Used to take a day, maybe two, when I was in MA. Last order took 4 from order to receipt in Tennessee. Well see what happens next...

I said f*** it and ordered more reloading stuff from Wideners and Brownells. Looks like I'm gonna be stuck home for a while. My boys and I can hammer out ammo while watching movies for the next month.
Nice. Whatcha order?

I have 50,000 rounds in my garage, so I'm not concerned for myself. But the fact is, the manufacturers can't change their "floors" unless they're illegally colluding. When oil prices drop, it takes a few weeks, but eventually gasoline prices drop too. The only way prices stay permanently higher is if a) demand doesn't eventually drop back to where it was or b) if suppliers cut production, which I don't see happening without collusion (the way OPEC does). During the Obama years, prices were higher because there was more demand that didn't go away and suppliers had fewer manufacturing plants.
Keerist. He's kidding Maura. He doesn't have that much. No need to send the boys in blue to his house.

WELL DONE Sir !!
Like you, over time, I've just stockpiled ammo and sat on it..... Bought low at times, and yes, VERY low too when I was a FFL. thus the "stockpile" effect.
Don't wanna go on about it, but if the Zombie Hords (or the Lawless Living ) come to my door, I won't have ANY issue holding down the fort.
So you have 200 guns in 200 different calibers and I have one FAL in .308 with 10k rounds in South African battlepacks.

Who wins in a battle ?
Whoever stays most calm and shoots the best while under fire wins. Every fighter has a plan until he's punched in the face. (Mike Tyson quote)

Ammo shortage.... ok

while everyone else has toilet paper, guess i have what matters....Think I’m gonna start a run on the liquor store I’ll start buying the entire store at a time. Toilet paper being a commodity, stock market crashes and silver isn’t worth shit.

People keep bringing up 911, I guess this is what things are coming too...I’m not sure if you guys remember 911...Fear wasn’t my response , it was anger.

Half this country is buying toilet paper, the smarter half is buying canned goods.

It’s pretty pathetic that our country is getting brought to its knees over a fake flu.

Trump had the right idea by downplaying it. But now he’s going along with it.

guys I’m real scared, Should I shelter in place?

don’t worry, the government gunna save us from ourselves...

After my 5 case order last week I decided to add a little. 500 rounds of 357 and a 5k case of 22 got ordered last night after seeing that 10 day thing. Used to take a day, maybe two, when I was in MA. Last order took 4 from order to receipt in Tennessee. Well see what happens next...

I ordered Friday morning and it shipped Friday afternoon.

Ammo shortage.... ok

while everyone else has toilet paper, guess i have what matters....Think I’m gonna start a run on the liquor store I’ll start buying the entire store at a time.

Leave a bottle or three of vodka for me. Good shit, not Absolut and Smirnoff.

But I do like the idea.

If you didn’t learn from the last 3 ammo hoards you never will
I wasn't around for the last three ammo hoards. I just joined the dark side around the middle of last year.
Let this be a lesson, assuming society normalizes between now and the summer, because there's likely going to be another ammo and gun buying frenzy around the election:

(1) Don't be dependent on one source for ammo;
(2) Know what a good price for ammo is - even if an outside vendor won't ship to Mass, know what a good price is;
(3) Learn what vendors will ship to you;
(4) Don't be afraid to buy or special order cases of ammo from local stores if you have a working, friendly relationship with the store;
(5) Consider handloading; and
(6) If you're on here, at least read through the threads once a week - we have like a dozen coronavirus threads ongoing.
We were all new once, you’re not born knowing all this shit. Hell half the board has no idea lol

Get used to keeping an eye on the market. Make regular trips to the local store and make friendly with the staff.
Buy cheap, stack it deep. (So buy a couple boxes of you need it, but wait for better prices for bulk orders).

Talked to one of my distributors this morning. Largest firearm distributor in the US...

they are essentially out of ARs and all low cost or modest 9mm handguns. Major orders all weekend. Also low on shotguns. Last run is 11am today and even then they don’t think they can ship everything. Last run is usually 3 or 4.

full on insanity not just for ammo but firearms.

Don’t PANIC!
There is absolutely NO AMMO SHORTAGE.

I posted on a thread 4 weeks ago that I saw 9mm drying up and I was told I was CRAZY.

Who’s CRAZY NOW? o_O

BTW, hope all is well in Merry old New England. Florida is great! Shelves are full of toilet paper, peanut butter and AMMO!
Everyone Stay safe and I’m praying for you all.

~Enbloc

Don’t PANIC!

I posted on a thread 4 weeks ago that I saw 9mm drying up and I was told I was CRAZY.

Who’s CRAZY NOW? o_O

BTW, hope all is well in Merry old New England. Florida is great! Shelves are full of toilet paper, peanut butter and AMMO!

~Enbloc
Wait, PEANUT BUTTER? Nobody told me we were supposed to buy PEANUT BUTTER! I thought I was all set, 6 cases of tp, 27 bottles of sanitizer, 37000 rounds of assorted ammo... Now I have to go out again! God dammit, this WuFlu is gonna KILL me!

Wait, PEANUT BUTTER? Nobody told me we were supposed to buy PEANUT BUTTER! I thought I was all set, 6 cases of tp, 27 bottles of sanitizer, 37000 rounds of assorted ammo... Now I have to go out again! God dammit, this WuFlu is gonna KILL me!
It's one thing to have shortage and another to gouge during a declared emergency. One dealer forgot the price he quoted me over the phone and when I show up thirty minutes he was asking 30% more until I reminded him we just talked.

Talked to one of my distributors this morning. Largest firearm distributor in the US...

they are essentially out of ARs and all low cost or modest 9mm handguns. Major orders all weekend. Also low on shotguns. Last run is 11am today and even then they don’t think they can ship everything. Last run is usually 3 or 4.

full on insanity not just for ammo but firearms.

I keep reading these things but scratching my head a little. Granted I opted to order 4 lowers over the weekend (2x M4 2x M5), my normal spring buying + a couple extra so I feel pretty good as far as having a lifetime supply - I saw no availability issues or limits on lowers, PSA is pretty well stocked on AKs, getting spammed constantly about sales on ARs.

Maybe it just hasn't caught up yet or the rush this time are generally new gun owners, panicking that society is going to fall apart and they are unarmed (those folks wouldn't be looking at PSA or stripped lowers etc).

Other thing I noticed was 500/1000/bulk ammo quantities not so effected, maybe it's the same - new owners don't tend to jump to $300, $500, etc sized ammo orders?

TS is not answering their phones for sales and customer service goes right to a busy signal. 😆

Don’t PANIC!

Who’s CRAZY NOW? o_O

~Enbloc
Florida! We all hate you now. Enjoy.

Ammo shortage what does that have to do with price gouging. One minute it's $10 next it's $16.

It has a lot to do with it because if there's no supply problem then the gougers can't gouge..... they operate on market awareness, they usually will only do it when the customer can't
credibly say "Well so and so has it for 5 bucks a box less, go f*** yourself" etc.

Ammo Seeking Guy: "bbbbut why are you selling that for $32? I can get the sayme valuuu pak at walmart for $18!!!!!!!"

Joe Fungoehead Guns: That's cute.... but when was the last time you saw a box on the shelf there you could actually buy? (of course, what I wont tell you is thats becasue I bought all the val packs there at 7 am when they opened).

Also the margins in this industry suck so it's easy to see how some gun shops are tempted to pull a little cosby action on the side every time the market gets rough. The ones with
more integrity will either ration or have bare shelves before they start pulling out the roofies and barbecue sauce.

-Mike

Just got off the phone with TS. Now since I’m a Prime member and have loads of ammo already I was not in a hurry to get it but I did confirm three things. Prime member orders are being expedited above all others. The 10 day shipping time is when it leaves their warehouse. Finally all orders that were placed will not be cancelled.

Looked at TS earlier today. Cheapest .223 I could find in stock was 40 cents/round. Mostly expensive target ammo is left.

Buddy from Vegas drove by one of the big gun stores out there. Line was out the door and around the building.

It's gonna get bumpy!

1584386854739.png

Last edited:
And here I wonder if parts buying is a good idea now with low funds. I have several builds already but any news on the parts front?

And here I wonder if parts buying is a good idea now with low funds. I have several builds already but any news on the parts front?
I got email from Anderson today that said they have high demand are will be slow in shipping new orders. That is my paraphrase of what some marketing guy said in 4 sentences. I have to believe if they are proactively telling registered dealers this that the other AR part/rifle manufacturers are in a similar situation.

I suspect everyone has eaten up any stock they had and are now building to demand. That will slow things down

Interested in the answer to this too. I just picked up a G20SF frame and am curious if things are getting nuts. A cursory glance at a few websites doesn’t suggest the sky is falling with respect to parts.

Interested in the answer to this too. I just picked up a G20SF frame and am curious if things are getting nuts. A cursory glance at a few websites doesn’t suggest the sky is falling with respect to parts.
One manufacturer I frequent had a delayed shipping header on the webpage but ya know people have a tendency to fight or flight at this point in time so I wouldn’t surprised if parts become difficult to come by soon. I may not wait until summer to do this.

One manufacturer I frequent had a delayed shipping header on the webpage but ya know people have a tendency to fight or flight at this point in time so I wouldn’t surprised if parts become difficult to come by soon. I may not wait until summer to do this.

I think you’re right. Even if I have spare parts at the end, there’s no harm in that.

Back
Top Bottom