Amherst Gun Shop

I live in Amherst. Your best choices are State Line, Manchester Firing Line or Rileys. I do not bother with the store on 101. I think you will find most people have strong feelings about that specific store.

yes, just do a search in the Dealers Review section, you'll find LOTS of comments on that shop.

You're better off at Stateline in Mason IMHO.

Haven't been to the one in Amherst, but I visited a new place in Milford the other week and had a great experience. The guy who runs it is very personable, and he runs a clean shop. He's just starting out, so the selection is not as vast as what you'd find at MFLR or Riley's, but I expect I will check in on the place this year to see how it matures.

Rileys is a great shop!! It was quite a shock the first time in there being a MA resident, they have evil black rifles just out for me to fondle...eeeehehehe! [smile]

Yes, a big +1 for Stateline too. Rileys is great, but can get very busy.

As for the one on 101, I imagine they're refering to the store opposite Lowes. In which case....yup.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Robert J
I live in Amherst. Your best choices are State Line, Manchester Firing Line or Rileys. I do not bother with the store on 101. I think you will find most people have strong feelings about that specific store.

Now that's an understatement.

I actually went in the store at 101. The black lab dog was nice, the owner overcharged me for a box of .22 ammo so I guess I wont shop there again without verifying prices.

I also bumped into Dave Ridley and had a chat with im in the store. The owner says he buys everything from his store.

The actual transaction was fine, this should probably be in the review forum, I didn't see that when I first posted. I was originally told 7-10 days for a fairly hard to find item, Springfield GI stainless, called back 6 days in to ask about a more exact delivery date, was told to call back later in the evening, called back again, was told 7-10 days they're rolling off the production line this week.

I called Springfield, they said the next ship date for that particular model is late August, I called MFL and Stateline both said the item was out of stock at their distributors and nobody knew when it would be in stock. MFL offered to put it on order, no deposit until the distributor received the item which was nice of them.

My biggest issue right now is the fact I was misled on price and delivery time, I was told $599 for the gun and when he wrote up the papers there was a $25 "shipping fee" and now even if he can get the gun in the next 7-10 days we're looking at 14-20 days as opposed to the original 7-10 and I don't see it coming in the next 7-10 either.

Lesson learned I guess, this was the first firearm I have purchased since my hunting rifle about 5 years back, did the research on the gun not the dealer :-(. Hasn't been a good experience so far but maybe he'll come through.

The actual transaction was fine, this should probably be in the review forum, I didn't see that when I first posted. I was originally told 7-10 days for a fairly hard to find item, Springfield GI stainless, called back 6 days in to ask about a more exact delivery date, was told to call back later in the evening, called back again, was told 7-10 days they're rolling off the production line this week.

I called Springfield, they said the next ship date for that particular model is late August, I called MFL and Stateline both said the item was out of stock at their distributors and nobody knew when it would be in stock. MFL offered to put it on order, no deposit until the distributor received the item which was nice of them.

My biggest issue right now is the fact I was misled on price and delivery time, I was told $599 for the gun and when he wrote up the papers there was a $25 "shipping fee" and now even if he can get the gun in the next 7-10 days we're looking at 14-20 days as opposed to the original 7-10 and I don't see it coming in the next 7-10 either.

Lesson learned I guess, this was the first firearm I have purchased since my hunting rifle about 5 years back, did the research on the gun not the dealer :-(. Hasn't been a good experience so far but maybe he'll come through.

Good Luck with that...let us know.

Yea I kept getting the same BS everytime I called him about my order.. he kept telling me they have a bunch coming of the line this week blah blah blah!!! I will never go there again and everytime I drive by there just gotta hang the finger out the window.. lol

Yeah - got my first pistol there. The price got higher when I went to pick up the gun. Not impressed.

Yeah, price went up for me with the "shipping charges" still holding on this, it's my first pistol as well, moved to NH from NY, going to call again this week and see if there is any new info.

Go down the road a little and check out the new shop in Milford (Milford Firearms) haven't bought anything there yet but the owner (Nick) seems like a real nice guy who will treat you right. Or just drive a little further to Stateline and be treated nice and fondle lotsa cool stuff

Latest update, 13 days into the original 7-10 days, got a pretty straight answer today, basically heard today what the factory told me last Monday that the production on 1911's was just getting ramped up and they should be shipping in the next week or so. Tonight's chat was actually fairly helpful, my only real problem is the $25 extra shipping charge and the initial deception, if he said $599 and I will get it mid-August when I originally went in the store I wouldn't have so much heartburn.

Update: Called Wed. and was told to call back today, called today and was told mid next week. Ordered the gun 7/18/09 and was told 7-10 days, we're at 27 days and I was told to call back next wed. I don't believe any other gun shop could get me one faster but I believe they would tell me it would take a month and a half.

Update: Called Wed. and was told to call back today, called today and was told mid next week. Ordered the gun 7/18/09 and was told 7-10 days, we're at 27 days and I was told to call back next wed. I don't believe any other gun shop could get me one faster but I believe they would tell me it would take a month and a half.

Don't worry you will get the same reply next week also.. I got that everytime I called him about my order..

I bought a .22 Henry from him for my son. He was a complete a-hole, and I overpaid for it, but he is 10 minutes from my house and he had it in stock.

He wanted cash.

The dog is pretty cool. I think that "Judy" is his wife.

Never been in that shop myself, but I've had more than one close friend refer to this guy as "That a**h*** on 101. " Sounds like NH might have its own version of "The Gun
Room". [laugh]

-Mike

Called again, still no information, I'm about a week away from doing a dispute charges on my CC and placing the order through MFL at least they were honest about when they'd get it and the price was $30 better.

This progression of events sounds so familiar. [thinking] You are a bit more patient than I am.

Back when you placed your order, did he give you the line about getting it sent over from "his" warehouse? [rolleyes]

nope, but he did give me the "hang on while i call my distributor" then he said he could have it in his next shipment in 7-10 days, 7 days later it was "7-10 days more" I'm at just over a month now. Once he told me 7-10 days the second time I called springfield and asked them about when they're doing a run, they said late August, so we're about on schedule but just all the BS is pissing me off, the fact I keep getting told bull of "should be this week", if I don't have it by my b-day I'm canceling the order.

Back
Top Bottom