American POW freed from Taliban

seriously comrades, serving in uniformed armed services isn't the only way to "fight for freedom", get shot, kill, spend time in a cell, bury a friend or see blood of your family members to run over pavement. Everyone has his own cross to bear. The size of it has nothing to do with the argument or this thread.

Citizen McCain has served his duty with honor, no one questioned that. His are eternal respect and gratitude of this nation. Senator McCain on the other hand, voted for some horrid shyte that undermined liberty. Those are two different things.

So getting back on the topic, Megan, last night spoke about Bowe walked out leaving a NOTE where he renounced his citizenship and announce his intentions to seek out Talibs. I heard of this from other sources, so if this note really exists, it must be on his file and this shitstorm of public reaction would have been very predictable. This begs a question why do we need this? Sounds like VA scandal is dying down, now this, it's the endless shitshow after shitshow.

I don't fault the gov for trying to get him back, how they got him back I disagree with. Every admin has done things that are difficult to comprehend, but this one takes the cake.

seriously comrades, serving in uniformed armed services isn't the only way to "fight for freedom", get shot, kill, spend time in a cell, bury a friend or see blood of your family members to run over pavement. Everyone has his own cross to bear. The size of it has nothing to do with the argument or this thread.

Citizen McCain has served his duty with honor, no one questioned that. His are eternal respect and gratitude of this nation. Senator McCain on the other hand, voted for some horrid shyte that undermined liberty. Those are two different things.

So getting back on the topic, Megan, last night spoke about Bowe walked out leaving a NOTE where he renounced his citizenship and announce his intentions to seek out Talibs. I heard of this from other sources, so if this note really exists, it must be on his file and this shitstorm of public reaction would have been very predictable. This begs a question why do we need this? Sounds like VA scandal is dying down, now this, it's the endless shitshow after shitshow.

You know what's worse than the race card? The military card. Being a vet does not mean you are incapable of being a shitty human being. So stop hiding behind it.

This. Vet guilt runs rampant in society and even right here on NES. I know plenty of guys that served that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire because they are terrible people. The only thing that aggravates me more then vet guilt is glory mongering. You wearing a uniform means little to me, you need to be a good person to go along with your service. McCain is not a good person.

I served, I am proud of it, but no one owes me anything because of it.

Last edited:
I don't fault the gov for trying to get him back, how they got him back I disagree with. Every admin has done things that are difficult to comprehend, but this one takes the cake.

My point is that I can't fanthom that no one saw this shit storm coming, hence it must be planned in advance. Was it to cover VA scandal or is there something else going on that needs covering. I can't see anyone in this country too thrilled about this exchange.

they didn't get him back because they care about him. They need something from him and it is apparently very very important

Well, yes, you are right and we need to keep in mind that operations like this take a long time. This could have been 2-4 years in process to only finally take place now for a reason. It seem like the process was sped up just to get it going and become the center news until it gets milked dry.

Every admin has skeletons in their closets and if you don't find a countermeasure you make one, create one. All one has to do is research the 10 previous admin's and clearly see the pattern of every scandal that plagued them and what that admin did to countermeasure them with events that took place.

Berdahl, seems well taken care of, yes, some initial tears of joy (or "Oh Shit") in the pick up but other than that he appeared well take care of.

The magnitude of the VA scandal is actually bigger than that of Benghazi and it seems that both will slowly fade with new excuses and resignations.

Then you have Ukraine, which faded away from the spotlight now that the SHTF and things gotten worse. It's just so many F'ups by this admin that is hard to know where to begin.

Again, O'Bs flexibility after the first term has clearly shown its ugly head.

My point is that I can't fanthom that no one saw this shit storm coming, hence it must be planned in advance. Was it to cover VA scandal or is there something else going on that needs covering. I can't see anyone in this country too thrilled about this exchange.

Last edited:

If your complete overview on McCain had been by expressed by a couple of others here, no defense of McCain would have been needed on this thread. I agree with your position on McCain 100%. Nice job.

In regards to the exchange video, did anyone else catch the cultural " **** you" the SF trooper on the left gave to the TB? Classic.

In regards to the exchange video, did anyone else catch the cultural " **** you" the SF trooper on the left gave to the TB? Classic.

No, I'll have to re-watch. Pretty crazy exchange, not surprised to see the SEALs not wearing uniforms. Interesting that Bowe was carrying a plastic bag.

No, I'll have to re-watch. Pretty crazy exchange, not surprised to see the SEALs not wearing uniforms. Interesting that Bowe was carrying a plastic bag.
I bet a few guys were able to pick it right out, Whacko and Warrior1A and crazy mike would come to mind first. Pretty funny though. Bergdahl looks like he shaved his eyebrow hair lol.

What you mean ?
The JSOC operator ( I'm going with JSOC instead cause I don't know who he is ha ha) on the left, gives a very deliberate " **** you" to to the TB during the exchange, actually does it a few times. It's a cultural thing.

The JSOC operator ( I'm going with JSOC instead cause I don't know who he is ha ha) on the left, gives a very deliberate " **** you" to to the TB during the exchange, actually does it a few times. It's a cultural thing.

I know they have odd customs leith there left hand etc cause that's what they use to wipe. Wanna pm me what he did . I'm not up on my Middle East cultural f you...

I know they have odd customs leith there left hand etc cause that's what they use to wipe. Wanna pm me what he did . I'm not up on my Middle East cultural f you...

I think that's it, left hand is for wiping your ass, so extending that is not a good way to greet your cave dweller

They had that FUBAR with Coke commercial in SA, holding it in your left hand. I just hope that US dude greased his hand in double bacon goodness prior to exchange.

Hand shake with left hand. Seemed quite rushed, almost like he was nervous. And I don't blame him. He was holding something, probably a radio in his right hand.

Most likely he had a sidearm on his righthand side, and wanted to keep his options open in case SHTF.

It looks like he is holding something in his right hand?

Edit: saw warriors post. Still seems pretty wild that he would risk offending the Taliban guy? Lots of waving too?

The left hand over the heart ( traditional Afghan greeting, but supposed to be right hand, left is a giant insult) and the left hand shake, because the left hand is indeed the poop hand. And I'm going with the he did it on purpose as well because it makes me feel a little better about the whole thing.

The left hand over the heart ( traditional Afghan greeting, but supposed to be right hand, left is a giant insult) and the left hand shake, because the left hand is indeed the poop hand. And I'm going with the he did it on purpose as well because it makes me feel a little better about the whole thing.

i lol'd hard at that one.

they shoulda thrown shoes btw.

Anyone else catch the vid of Talibs released? I haven't seen such a display of affection between grown men in a while, all the hugs and kisses (totally no homo though [laugh])

I don't believe that was done on purpose, you can clearly see the nervousness on our part. Last thing we needed to do during the exchange was to insult the beloved religion.

At least it makes you feel a little better [smile]

Back
Top Bottom