AMAZON basics full synthetic motor oil 10w30

Amazon basics oil is the same manufacturer as the Walmart Super Tech. I get Pennzoil Platinum Plus for like $2 a gallon more than that with an Amazon subscribe and save.

Its made by warren dist. same as wally world super tech full synthetic. It's actually pretty good oil. Cheaper just to stop at wal-mart though.

I use it regularly in my cars. Also comes in the 5w40 European spec. Great oil at a killer price.

Its made by warren dist. same as wally world super tech full synthetic. It's actually pretty good oil. Cheaper just to stop at wal-mart though.

Yeah, but , I can have it delivered to my house. Keep feeding the jungle beast and pretty soon the only shit available will be Amazon cars, eat Amazon labeled food , and an Amazon issued barcode / SSN for your unborn child.

Yeah, but , I can have it delivered to my house. Keep feeding the jungle beast and pretty soon the only shit available will be Amazon cars, eat Amazon labeled food , and an Amazon issued barcode / SSN for your unborn child.
Selling your soul to the Beast (Amazon) or going to Satan's 5 and dime (WalMart). Pick your poison

It used to be NAPA would put their house brand oil on sale once a year for about 2.99/quart, when they did I would buy case lots.

The NAPA oil is private label Valvoline, and the NAPA filters are made by Wix.

It used to be NAPA would put their house brand oil on sale once a year for about 2.99/quart, when they did I would buy case lots.

The NAPA oil is private label Valvoline, and the NAPA filters are made by Wix.
Wow! I'm old. The last time I changed my oil, I used to get Castrol for 99 cents on sale.

Wow! I'm old. The last time I changed my oil, I used to get Castrol for 99 cents on sale.

you don't want to know what good quality motorcycle oils cost.... the stuff that won't muck up a wet clutch with molybdenum and other friction modifiers.

you don't want to know what good quality motorcycle oils cost.... the stuff that won't muck up a wet clutch with molybdenum and other friction modifiers.
Holy crap! It's been 15 years since I last bought a case of Mobile 1 motorcycle oil. $10 a quart???

Shell Rotella T6 meets the oil requirement specs for many bikes. $21/gal @ Tractor Supply

I was going to mention that but I didn't want to get too far off topic.

I know guys that have used that for years, long before they got it JASO qualified.

I need to look into it sometime as I have gone back to dinosaur oil in my bikes, and I want something with a high Zinc content for anti wear properties

Mobile 1 is not too expensive a wall world. I use 0w-20 full synthetic. I change my oil once every 6 months and even that exceeds the manufacturer's recommendation of once a year. Are you seriously trying to cheap out a few bucks a year on unknow oil? Dude, I take shits where I spend more than that on toilet paper. I sure as hell ain't going to take risks on my engine over less then 5 bucks a year. Jesus Christ...

Mobile 1 is not too expensive a wall world. I use 0w-20 full synthetic. I change my oil once every 6 months and even that exceeds the manufacturer's recommendation of once a year. Are you seriously trying to cheap out a few bucks a year on unknow oil? Dude, I take shits where I spend more than that on toilet paper. I sure as hell ain't going to take risks on my engine over less then 5 bucks a year. Jesus Christ...
The oil its self is a known, and tested good product. I use the Wally world version in my wifes oil thirsty car all the time. My new to me Cadillac will be getting a name brand product only because I dont want any pushback from GM if theres a warranty issue with the engine. Dont want to give them a chance to say it was my oil that caused a failure.

The oil its self is a known, and tested good product. I use the Wally world version in my wifes oil thirsty car all the time. My new to me Cadillac will be getting a name brand product only because I dont want any pushback from GM if theres a warranty issue with the engine. Dont want to give them a chance to say it was my oil that caused a failure.

...and some would say that the HiPoint is a good enough forearm too.... But I bet you don't own one do you.... Spent more on something else didn't you.... Probably on several occasions too....

You need oil in your car???? When did this happen???? ;)

Last oil change I did myself was 1991. I guess I could have changed the Chevelle oil myself, but there was always 3-4 other doo-hickeys that needed adjusting and my 3rd and 4th generation mechanics knew 100x what I could learn from an old Chilton manual.

Has anyone noticed that the reccomend oil for most new cars is either 5w20 or straight 20 weight synthetic. I know why,CAFE rules from the feds. When I was younger the oil to use was 10w30. My minivan is the 5w20 my Subaru is 0w20. I have a bottle of Amazon basic for my next oil change.

the machining tolerances are so much better than they were even 20 years ago that a thick oil is no longer needed to fill in the gaps when the tolerances are on the high end.

the other reason is many vehicles use a oil actuated variable cam timing mechanism and if you use a thicker oil than designated it causes the cam phasors to act up... Ford 5.4's were notorious for this.

Chances are you could use 5W-20 in all the cars, and you might even see it listed in the owners manual as a alternative oil based on the climate conditions.

Cars come up to operating temperature pretty fast these days, I would bet that 0W viscosity jumps to the 20 end pretty quickly.

Actually I had a dealer refuse to change my oil as I had 5w20 rather than the "reccomend " 0w20 despite the owner's manual saying that 10w30 could be used. Won't have them for that service again.

I have replaced plenty of engines when I was in the trade. Car oil should not be a price issue, Mobil One in the car and Shell Rotella T6 in the diesel truck every 5,000 miles with factory filters.

Last edited:
Shell Rotella T6 meets the oil requirement specs for many bikes. $21/gal @ Tractor Supply

It is no longer labeled for wet clutches, changed a little while back, not sure if it was because they changed the additives or because they just didn't get it tested for the cert anymore.

Use of recommended oil in the rates listed in your manual are fine. Look at the temp ranges for the different grades.
Same with gas. I know many cuatomers are running the cheapest 87/89 octane when their cars call for 91 or better.

Amazon Basics motor oil :rolleyes:

I wonder if the next Washington Post article decrying "climate change" will have a disclaimer at the bottom?

🐯
Theres a slew of $20ish 5qt gallon jugs to choose from. The only benefit of amazon is free delivery almost daily .

Back
Top Bottom