• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Am I crazy?

Does the manufacturer of the lower reaaalllly matter? I bought a cheap Anderson complete Lower, I plan on a new trigger job with some other small upgrades. But, as long as my upper is of high quality, does it matter? I’m new to the AR platform so please be nice. Thank you
-SmoothDataDan

Does the manufacturer of the lower reaaalllly matter? I bought a cheap Anderson complete Lower, I plan on a new trigger job with some other small upgrades. But, as long as my upper is of high quality, does it matter? I’m new to the AR platform so please be nice. Thank you
-SmoothDataDan
an aero m4e1 lower has a screw to completely remove upper play, very useful. lower is a lower, it will work, but, not sure why even to bother with anderson and rest of low end ones. stripped aero is a $100, an anderson - $50, hardly any point to do it over $50 diff.

Last edited:
an aero m4e1 lower has a screw to completely remove upper play, very useful. lower is a lower, it will work, but, not sure why even to bother with anderson and rest of low end ones. stripped aero is a $100, an anderson - $50, hardly any point to do it over $50 diff.

See my post above.

As long as you got it for "free state prices" plus 40%, it doesn't matter.

Who was that guy last year who kept telling everyone what a great deal they were getting while he was raping them??? Gosh he was funny. In one thread he'd be talking about what a great humanitarian he was "importing" lowers to MA and barely making any $ doing it. And then in another thread talking about how much $ he was making per lower. LOL

With friends like these, how can you recognize enemies?

Like BMWs

No. Beemer's are for A-holes. You can't OWN a Beemer unless you're an a-hole first. I'm pretty sure there is a test at the dealership.

I forget where I read it recently, but they were talking that BMW owners are the most self-centered drivers AND, they scientifically proved that if you're self centered, you buy a BMW, not get self-centered b/c you bought a BMW.

It was funny and insightful at the same time.

Those a-holes that CAN'T afford a Beemer - buy a Prius. ROFL!!!

These things work surprisingly well for eliminating play between an upper and a lower:

Last edited:
-SmoothDataDan
There are some sick NOVESKE on sale here.

Improve accuracy 10%
Improve operator good looks 17.5%
Improve p*ssy magnet effect 100%
Accelerates beard growth 55%

You decide.

There are some sick NOVESKE on sale here.

Improve accuracy 10%
Improve operator good looks 17.5%
Improve p*ssy magnet effect 100%
Accelerates beard growth 55%

You decide.
But doesn't the P*ssy magnet gained with Noveske lower, get cancelled out with the Ruckus flacid effect? (asking for a friend)

Features. Built in trigger guard? Flared magwell? Screw instead of roll pin for bolt catch? Ambi controls? These are the things you are buying as you go upscale from your poverty pony. Some people want the additional features.
These are things you can add for less than gucci on a pony.

But doesn't the P*ssy magnet gained with Noveske lower, get cancelled out with the Ruckus flacid effect? (asking for a friend)
Bro, Ruckus flacid effect is improved by sh*t optics. Ideally an operator wants to decrease the Ruckus effect.

Gucci lower + gucci trigger + gucci barrel + $75 Amazon Chinese Red Dot = Ruckus Flacid effect 100%.

Is anyone out there still making out of spec lowers? Aside from the plastic stuff of course.
With the way they are CNC machined these days, I think you'd be hard pressed to find one. I've bought a few cosmetic BLEM upper and lowers over the years but all were in spec dimension wise and I had a hard time even picking out what the company called a BLEM. A different shade on the anodizing wouldn't bother me a bit, it would probably get dinged in handling and use anyway. If it gets too dinged up, it gets a rattle can camo paint job.

Anderson is fine- you are good to go. Actually the upper is not that critical either. Barrel BCG, especially the bolt, and trigger assembly are what matter most. As long as the receiver upper and lower are solid forgings and the dimensions are in spec, the bullets and target won't know the difference.

I have a built in trigger guard Anderson I may SBR. Fit and finish as good as anything but it is not their cheapest lower.

Back
Top Bottom