AK47's - Who makes the best one and why?

anyone using the TAPCO polymer 30rd magazines? How are they for the money? I just ordered my SAM7 and will pick it up next weekend and need to pick up mags and ammo in the meantime.

how about the ProMags? I'm just thinking polymer to save some weight since the SAM is already heavier than a standard AK.

Give the PMAGs a try, they are plastic and not much more expensive.

Give the PMAGs a try, they are plastic and not much more expensive.

I have no problem with polymer mags, but really, what's the point on an AK? The metal mags are solid as shit, completely reliable, and readily available in new condition.

I have no problem with polymer mags, but really, what's the point on an AK? The metal mags are solid as shit, completely reliable, and readily available in new condition.

just looking to save a bit of weight since I got a milled receiver SAM instead of a stamped and there is a pound difference in the 2 rifles

Got my SAM7 Saturday... These things are beefy in hand!! wanted to shoot it but the shop I bought it from forgot to put the magazine in the box so I am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Heading to NH Saturday so I'll be on the lookout for MAGS(especially the Circle 10's if anyone has a lead PM me)

Last edited:
Got my SAM7 Saturday... These things are beefy in hand!! wanted to shoot it but the shop I bought it from forgot to put the magazine in the box so I am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Heading to NH Saturday so I'll be on the lookout for clips (especially the Circle 10's if anyone has a lead PM me)
where did ya get it? I'm looking for 1 also

Youve said clips like 5 times, just call them what they are or youll continue to sound like an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

To add, I have a SAR1 which is very accurate, MAK90-my favorite, wasr, aes-10b, etc. All AK's are fun as hell. I do not think you need to spend a lot on an Arsenal to enjoy it and be surprisngly accurate. I get looks when the AK is hitting the target at 100 yds while the AR folk cannot.

I know a couple people that bought them to try and havnt had problems. They been out long enough you'd think if its problem you'd hear about it,

Fair point. To be honest, I haven't really heard anything about them in either direction. People seemed to get all excited when they were announced and then crickets...

put my first 120 rounds through the SAM7 this morning.. rifle is like butter too bad the operator isn't just yet [smile] Got to get used to the sights and exactly where its on target but not a single issue with the rifle itself or the ammo which was a great start!

who has the best prices on steel 30rd mags here in Ma. or in one of the border states? having only 1 for the rifle just isn't working for me.

put my first 120 rounds through the SAM7 this morning.. rifle is like butter too bad the operator isn't just yet [smile] Got to get used to the sights and exactly where its on target but not a single issue with the rifle itself or the ammo which was a great start!
went this afternoon with Jron and Greek to westford and shot the SAM7r also for the 1st time, Man do I like this AK, so much bettr than the O Pap I just sold. Just felt super smooth and for those looking into 1 , I say do it.

Last edited:
went this afternoon with Jron and Greek to westford and shot the SAM7r also for the 1st time, Man do I like this AK, so much bettr than the O Pap I just sold. Just felt super smooth and for those looking into 1 , I say do it.

I would hope so as it costs more than double the O-PAP.

Back
Top Bottom