• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AG released new 'approved' handgun list today!

namedpipes

NES Member
Well, this is the only one on the list so far, but it is approved for concealed carry by any AM citizen that would otherwise qualify for LTC-A EVEN IF THEY DON'T POSSESS ONE!

toy_gun_exploded.jpg

Even better, for those handy folk out there, you can build it youself at a fraction of the cost of those pesky AR-15 build y'all are working on!

http://runnerduck.com/toy_gun.htm

Sorry. I'm a little bored right now...

How is that clothespin "trigger" supposed to work with two screws through it?

I think the screws hold the clothes pin in.... then the rubber band goes in between the clothes pin....

I like the one I have...it has nails with the head cut off nailed into the front of the clothes pin.

I think the screws hold the clothes pin in.... then the rubber band goes in between the clothes pin....

Only if you disassemble the pin, screw one half on, and reassemble. If the pin can't open, it can't release the rubber band. [wink]

How is that clothespin "trigger" supposed to work with two screws through it?

That's the SAFETY, you nit!

[laugh2]

I suspect they *meant* to depict the screws going through the "lower" receiver, I mean, half of the clothespin, then reassemble the spring and upper half of the clothespin.

I'm not actually sure, since I haven't built the firearm yet. I'm still waiting on the response to my Form 1. . .

Back in the day, I worked in a warehouse (night guard). Well, some of those nights got a little long and its possible some of the massive rubber bands used to hold 4 55gal drums on a pallet may have been turned into rubber band guns. Those actually got to the level of being dangerous...

Where is the LCI??? (Loaded Chamber Indicator)

Watch out, the AG might recall this one too!

RUBBER BAND SHOOTER
Price: $6.50

Manufacturer or Distributor: Simple Toys LLC

Purchased: Belmont Toys

Age Recommendation: “Not for Children under 5 years old”

Warnings: “Small Parts Choking Hazard”; “FOR TARGET PRACTICE ONLY! DO NOT AIM AT PEOPLE....”

HAZARD: POTENTIAL FOR EYE INJURIES!

W.A.T.C.H. OUT! This “Shooter”, which fires colorful rubber bands, is a “new” toy which the manufacturer promotes as “Old Fashioned Fun”. Incredibly, at the same time the packaging promotes “Family Fun”, there is cautionary language stating: “FOR TARGET PRACTICE ONLY! DO NOT AIM AT PEOPLE....” Rubber bands should never be sold as toys, and have the potential to cause serious eye injuries. - Toysafety.org

If I put on multiple rubber bands so that they may be fired simultaneously, have I created a short-barreled shotgun?

RUBBER BAND SHOOTER
Price: $6.50

Manufacturer or Distributor: Simple Toys LLC

Purchased: Belmont Toys

Age Recommendation: “Not for Children under 5 years old”

Warnings: “Small Parts Choking Hazard”; “FOR TARGET PRACTICE ONLY! DO NOT AIM AT PEOPLE....”

HAZARD: POTENTIAL FOR EYE INJURIES!

W.A.T.C.H. OUT! This “Shooter”, which fires colorful rubber bands, is a “new” toy which the manufacturer promotes as “Old Fashioned Fun”. Incredibly, at the same time the packaging promotes “Family Fun”, there is cautionary language stating: “FOR TARGET PRACTICE ONLY! DO NOT AIM AT PEOPLE....” Rubber bands should never be sold as toys, and have the potential to cause serious eye injuries. - Toysafety.org

Holy Permits, Batman! We need this regulated. Before you know it, the Boston gangs will be toting rubber band guns instead of their nines.

Hey, wait a minute. Don't I remember a episode of the Bowery Boys where they did just that? Walked around with slingshots, they did.

This is even more insidious than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom