• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AG Maura Healey taking questions. What to ask?

Hi all,

I have a unique opportunity to address the AG this week, in person. Turns out she will be touring my place of employment and having a town hall style event afterwards. I won't name the company or the date, but I am told:
We are pleased to announce that Attorney General Maura Healey will be visiting our offices for a brief tour, followed by a town hall style event...She will be ready to answer employee questions.

So how does one politely convey the frustration caused by the AG bypassing the lawmaking process and enforcing an interpretation of a law -an interpretation that blatantly violates both the Constitution of the United States and the Massachusetts Constitution- in the form of a question?

I'm looking forward to your input.

Can you read? Here take my pocket constitution. What does it say under the second amendment? What don't you get retard?

hmm, how secure is your employment (ie, are you the owners son, or did you just start a new job and are in your probationary period). That may gauge the level of question range possible.

hmm, how secure is your employment (ie, are you the owners son, or did you just start a new job and are in your probationary period). That may gauge the level of question range possible.

This. If it's a work event and they're close enough with the AG to have her visit... Tread carefully.

Oh boy that's a loaded question( So to speak).
You might ask her under what authority she has the right to create a new law that exists no where else in the country.
Or if she can explain the definition of Ex Post Facto to you.
Or maybe what happened in her life to make her such a hateful see you next Tuesday ?
But the first two might be more appropriate in a work setting .[smile]

"Ms. Healy how would you feel if a Republican activist retroactively took away your constitutional right for women to vote by re-interpreting existing law?"

I italicized the word "politely" very intentionally. I don't want to jeopardize my career there, but I would still like the ability to question our elected officials. I'd like to keep my job, I'm pretty well dug in there.

Ask her why she isn't prosecuting the female gun runner that just got caught trafficking firearms including AR15s to street gangs if she's serious about the AW ban. Only act like a concerned candy ass and not a NESr.

Last edited:
I'd suggest asking what the ban is based on. To be specific, how many MA residents have been killed with an AR, ever, per year, whatever?

You need two questions, about due process. Question 1 is in regards to say would an action against gay rights without due process of law be permitted? Question 2, why is it that it is okay to infringe on some rights, such as our 2A, without due process but not others?

I think if you can catch her in a contradiction/ analogy that reaches out to people it would make our side more reasonable to them.

Last edited:
I'd leave it alone if you're in your workplace.

Maybe - How can you interpret part of a law to mean word-for-word something that was proposed and summarily rejected by the legislators who created it?

Ask her why she isn't prosecuting the female gun runner that just caught got trafficking firearms including AR15s to street gangs if she's serious about the AW ban. Only act like a concerned candy ass and not a NESr.

Playing the concerned citizen character might be the right approach. I could make that work. The enforcement of retroactive interpretations of specific laws is definitely concerning.

Alternately you can pretend to be an anti and ask her when she plans on starting confiscation. The response should be interesting

You need two questions, about due process. Question 1 is in regards to say would an action against gay rights without due process of law be permitted? Question 2, why is it that it is okay to infringe on some rights, such as our 2A, without due process but not others?

I think if you can catch her in a contradiction/ analogy that reaches out to people it would make our side more reasonable to them.

I agree with the point, point out a contradiction. But using gay rights as bait might not go over very well. I'll think about this some more.

I agree with the point, point out a contradiction. But using gay rights as bait might not go over very well. I'll think about this some more.

Or what about all the uproar that trump signed a paper and there was suddenly an immigration ban without due process. Then relate that to her own actions about the 2A.

She doesn't care about any of our concerns. Take a sick day, or if you must go in pull the fire alarm the minute she opens her ******* little mouth.

Or what about all the uproar that trump signed a paper and there was suddenly an immigration ban without due process. Then relate that to her own actions about the 2A.

That I could definitely work with. The travel ban impacted a large population of employees at our company. To relay that these are the results of what happens without due process, and then ask why she feels she can do that with the second amendment. That is a legitimate question that would not endanger my career, but get my point across.

That I could definitely work with. The travel ban impacted a large population of employees at our company. To relay that these are the results of what happens without due process, and then ask why she feels she can do that with the second amendment. That is a legitimate question that would not endanger my career, but get my point across.

If she even answers, she'll say that she gave due process by allowing sales to be legal at the end of the day on 7/20/16. After all, she announced it in a Globe article to make it legal. [laugh]

She doesn't care about any of our concerns. Take a sick day, or if you must go in pull the fire alarm the minute she opens her ******* little mouth.

She cares about the concerns of a select few. I live in MA, I work in the tech industry - I'm in a typically liberal demographic. So if her actions impact ME, she might see that she is negatively impacting those she wants to protect.

JK, she probably won't give a shit. But I still want to ask my question, just to hear an explanation in person.

If she even answers, she'll say that she gave due process by allowing sales to be legal at the end of the day on 7/20/16. After all, she announced it in a Globe article to make it legal. [laugh]

The Fifth Ammendment says to the government that no one shall be "deprived of life, liberty, or property without the due process of law." The law, not a single person.

Go for it my friend. Think and write it out. Then set up the softball question and then the curveball Godspeed. [thumbsup]

The Fifth Ammendment says to the government that no one shall be "deprived of life, liberty, or property without the due process of law." The law, not a single person.

We all know what it means, but it doesn't stop her from reinterpreting existing and legal AWB laws.

Have you ever fired a firearm in your life and do you understand basic firearms? If so why do your law contradict itself in so many different levels?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'd call in sick. **** her and the horse she rode in on. If she gave an iota of a shit about us or our opinions we wouldn't be in the situation were in. Don't give the little tinhorn dictator the time of day.

Back
Top Bottom