• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Aftermarket Ruger mark III trigger,, which one is best for bullseye?

My MkIII has Volquartsen internals, and an LLV upper. Fill the gun with Volquartsen parts, add an Ultradot or whatever you prefer, and then you'll just have to figure out which grips are best for you. I've tried a lot, but currently use some Altamont grips.

I just put a volquartsen accurizing kit on my mark iii (Dvor had them for around $80) and if you get the mark ii kit it comes with the bushing you need to get rid of the mag disconnect. Trigger is now very light (2 pounds?) with about 1/16" take up and nearly no over travel.

VQ, as stated above. My MkIII Hunter stainless has the MkII kit installed.
It looked like it was gnawed on by a pissed off beaver, inside where all the pins held all the trigger group parts so I spent a fair amount of effort sanding and smoothing the inside of the handle.
The trigger breaks like glass now, and VQ extractor and firing pin solved ALL the stovepipe and other FTE problems I was having on this used gun I bought.

I just put a volquartsen accurizing kit on my mark iii (Dvor had them for around $80) and if you get the mark ii kit it comes with the bushing you need to get rid of the mag disconnect. Trigger is now very light (2 pounds?) with about 1/16" take up and nearly no over travel.

+1

I put their trigger and sear in my MKIII and a MKII spring/bushing to remove the mag disconnect. The trigger is so light now it's ridiculous and disassembly is much faster/easier without the mag disconnect. I don't recall any of the work being difficult to do. The hardest part was adjusting the trigger over travel screw to minimize over travel without preventing it from going boom.

+1

I put their trigger and sear in my MKIII and a MKII spring/bushing to remove the mag disconnect. The trigger is so light now it's ridiculous and disassembly is much faster/easier without the mag disconnect. I don't recall any of the work being difficult to do. The hardest part was adjusting the trigger over travel screw to minimize over travel without preventing it from going boom.

Truth - DON'T switch from a Massachusetts trigger carry gun to a VQ'd MkIII in the same session or you risk putting one into the range ceiling. [smile]

Don't remember for sure but I believe Gallery rules are no less than 2# trigger so be careful. There is always "That Guy" with a set of weights.

The Volquartsen internals are great but also take a good look at the Tendemkross trigger. Have one on my 22/45 and like it a lot

The Volquartsen internals are great but also take a good look at the Tendemkross trigger. Have one on my 22/45 and like it a lot

I agree and love my Tandemkross trigger, however, it fits best in 22/45 models and will be tight inside the trigger guard of standard framed MK models (not much room for your finger).

Back
Top Bottom