Actor David Spade helps Phoenix PD buy rifles

LOS ANGELES – The Phoenix Police Department has gotten some high-powered goodies courtesy of actor David Spade.

The one-time Phoenix resident donated $100,000 so that the department can buy approximately 50 AR-15 rifles.

Spade said he wanted to make the donation after seeing a TV news report about Phoenix officers having to buy their own rifles. Spade grew up in the Phoenix area and graduated from Arizona State University.

Phoenix Police Sgt. Alan Hill says the rifles will be given to patrol officers and that the agency was grateful for the gifts.

"These guys need to be able to do their jobs and I am just happy I could help," Spade said in a statement released by his publicist.

I'm happy to see articls like these. :)

You would expect David Spade to be one of those Hollywood Elitist Left-Wing Tree-Hugger anti-gun types, but he's not. (not anymore anyway)
Ever hear the expression "A Republican is a Democrat whos been mugged". That's pretty much what happened to him. He was the victim of a violent crime that resulted in him being savagely beaten. It's too bad, but sometimes that's what it takes for a Liberal to see the error of his ways and do an about face.

Didn't his personal assistant Skippy flip out and attack him with a stun gun?

That's what I thought, it was some f'd up hollywood style "beating" and not a east LA style "BEATING". If it was a stun gun attack, that is a "beat" without the "ing". [smile]

Maybe if the state of CA and county of LA did what they were supposed to and got rid of the LA criminals and illegals sucking of their sytem instead of supporting them is so many ways, they could well afford to outfit their officers with the best equipment. A police officers life and dependance on having the best equipment should not depend on the generosity of a well off actor. That's just sad by my measure of decency!

Maybe if the state of CA and county of LA did what they were supposed to and got rid of the LA criminals and illegals sucking of their sytem instead of supporting them is so many ways, they could well afford to outfit their officers with the best equipment. A police officers life and dependance on having the best equipment should not depend on the generosity of a well off actor. That's just sad by my measure of decency!

Nice rant. It was Phoenix, not LA. Reading is fun.

Nice rant. It was Phoenix, not LA. Reading is fun.
Same differnce!" LOS ANGELES – The Phoenix Police Department" GET OVER IT! The issues the same in Phoenix as well and the point stands as written.

Last edited:
Maybe next we can get hollywood to pony up for 911 as well! The whole concept that a private citizen is paying for law enforcement when the gubberment should be doing it is just a sad commentary. Street people and shelters, perhaps , Law enforement shouldn't be the case!

These are not organizations that should be considered as charitable or in need of the basic tools to perform the job we charge them to do and if thats the case, how much worse can or do we accept when we know our govenment is pissing money down the drain on so many less worthy things that have nothing to do with enforcing laws or protecting life and property.

Why can't they just get surplus M16A1s from the gov?

B

As another poster has pointed out, many of our M16A1s are part of overseas military aid packages or are being held in strategic reserve.

Let me pose this question to you: Do think the Federal Government should be supplying weaponry and other technology to state and local LE organizations? The truth of the matter is that state and local LE are so in bed with the Feds that it reaches the point where it should be cause for concern. Sooner or later when you take gifts or aid from the Feds, the Feds are going to call in their marker.

Currently law enforcement in this country is predominately local, but a de facto national police force is just around the corner, given the unprecedented degree of cooperation between the Feds and State and locals since 9/11.

Mark L.

Back
Top Bottom