Accidentally Shot By Police

One word: Union

The Union will back the officer as that is what they're obligated to do. However, if the police management persist in enforcing rules and enforce consequences when rules aren't followed a case can and should be made for dismissing police officers.
In this negligent shooting of the young woman, it has to be clear to all that the police officer was negligent. I'm stating the obvious:Guns in the hands of trained professionals, (let alone the rest of us) don't fire unless the trigger is engaged. Any Agawam police officer has got to be thinking, "gee I'm glad I wasn't in front of him." Maybe the next time, one of them will be.
I don't know how long the officer has been employed but he certainly is a big liability to the Town, the general public and to his fellow officers.
Best regards.

Did she look like a dog?

"How dare you"...

PW-05-1.jpg

Dial 911 for help... and get shot by someone who can't keep their finger off the trigger.

-Mike

From Masslive:
...as the officers were readying themselves to enter the apartment, one officer’s gun went off, and the woman was shot.

It's garbage like this that make the anti's and those uneducated about firearms think that guns just "go off".

An awful situation, no doubt, but not knowing the full details means we can't draw conclusions just yet. Did the officer feel he was threatened/in danger? The way the story is reported this seems unlikely, but who knows. Either way, a gun "goes off" when the trigger is pulled by the human being in control of it.

Ya. And if you accidently shot someone you would be in jail right now! It's time these cops start serving some jail time!

Ya. And if you accidently shot someone you would be in jail right now! It's time these cops start serving some jail time!

If it's an accident, let it be known that's what it was. Jail time isn't a requirement for a valid accident.

The problem is when cops do it, nothing happens. If civilians do it, we get jail time.

Ask the guy in Framingham about that....oh wait, you cant - he's dead.
Another victim of the mysterious accidental discharge...

If it's an accident, let it be known that's what it was. Jail time isn't a requirement for a valid accident.

The problem is when cops do it, nothing happens. If civilians do it, we get jail time.

It's not an accident, it's negligence, pure and simple.

[ThinBlueLine] Obviously "an accident for which no criminal charges are appropriate". [/ThinBlueLine]

Here's a ray of optimism - maybe this incident will be fully and fairly investigated, the proper actions taken, and the accountable persons held accountable.

If not, then I'll jump on the 'nothing's going to happen, double standards, above the law' bandwagon.

We all have the right to due process, yes? Even when we commit an act of gross negligence, we're still entitled to a fair and full process before being adjudicated guilty?

My happy, look on the bright side thought for the evening.

Cannot believe an officer over there said that he hopes the cop makes out ok and the department stands by him. Simply despicable.

Never mind an innocent woman was shot in the face due this cops negligence and inability to follow basic gun safety rules.

The poor officer! [/sarcasm]

Last edited:
Wow, that place is police state central. There are a few voices of reason at least...

I don't know, when I looked at that thread, I thought there was far more voice of reason than not. Only one or two comments at the time disturbed me.

I don't know, when I looked at that thread, I thought there was far more voice of reason than not. Only one or two comments at the time disturbed me.

Yeah, I really don't have much bad to say about that masscops thread. Most of them were calling the guy an idiot and stating the town would be paying big $$ to settle this. That is what most of us have said, we're out for his job too but the overall message is similar on both forums. The guy screwed up big, he's going to cost the town a lot of money because he showed poor firearm control.

had to have been a serpa. if he has any money left over after the civil suit i will happily teach him how to draw a glock from a serpa holster without shooting yourself or anyone else.

From Masslive:

It's garbage like this that make the anti's and those uneducated about firearms think that guns just "go off".

An awful situation, no doubt, but not knowing the full details means we can't draw conclusions just yet. Did the officer feel he was threatened/in danger? The way the story is reported this seems unlikely, but who knows. Either way, a gun "goes off" when the trigger is pulled by the human being in control of it.

Yep, I even got that from my own wife last night after reading this story to her. She said "see how dangerous guns are? That stuff even happens to highly trained professionals like that!"[rolleyes][frown]

Back
Top Bottom