• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Accidentally Shot By Police

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/hampden/agawam-woman-accidentally-shot-by-police

AGAWAM, Mass. (WWLP) - An Agawam woman reportedly under attack from her estranged boyfriend was accidentally shot by a police officer who had been called to help her.

Snip...

Lt. Light said that the officers heard yelling and glass breaking inside the apartment. As they were about to go into the apartment, a gun belonging to one of the officers accidentally fired wounding the woman. She was taken to Baystate Medical Center.

How does that work exactly? Point muzzle at woman calling for help & pull trigger?

Sorry Miss my handgun went off all by it's self, been meaning to bring it in to the armorer to get it fixed.

If this was a civilian incident you'd be in jail right now on all kinds of charges, and you know you would never own a gun again.

someone said BOO and the cop who had his finger inside the trigger guard got scared and flinched.

It does happen.

Somebody went to the bathroom during "trigger discipline 101" didn't they? His partner: "Dude, I told you - shoot the dog! Now look what you've gone and done! Great, more paperwork"

scared-boxed-puppy.jpg

Another fine example why only police should be allowed to carry! And whoever mentioned the double standard about one of us being in jail right now, you are so right. Why should an LEO be exempt? This is why, in my estimation, law enforcement loses credibility when they continue to make excuses and fail to "police" their own. ( no pun intended ) If a citizen did this he/she would be deemed "unfit" to possess weapons, so what makes LEO's special?[bs2]

Somebody went to the bathroom during "trigger discipline 101" didn't they? His partner: "Dude, I told you - shoot the dog! Now look what you've gone and done! Great, more paperwork"

scared-boxed-puppy.jpg

Well, since there is only one way to "accidentally shoot" the wrong person, i.e. the policeman pulling the triger, it sounds like this guy needs 1 month back at the police academy re-learning how to shoot.

Another fine example why only police should be allowed to carry! And whoever mentioned the double standard about one of us being in jail right now, you are so right. Why should an LEO be exempt? This is why, in my estimation, law enforcement loses credibility when they continue to make excuses and fail to "police" their own. ( no pun intended ) If a citizen did this he/she would be deemed "unfit" to possess weapons, so what makes LEO's special?[bs2]
The badge. That's what makes them special...

Cha-ching! She's set for life. Agawam taxpayers will be digging deep.
Not likely. IA will find the cop "justified".

Shot in the mouth. Damn.
He probably told her to shut up twice and she "resisted"...[wink]

Last edited:
Cha-ching! She's set for life. Agawam taxpayers will be digging deep.

IMHO: There isn't enough money in this world to compensate for a possible life time of pain and suffering due to an injury. Whether or not this young woman receives compensation from the Town for the injuries she received due to the gross negligence of the police officer, she will no doubt be scarred not only physically but mentally as well. I don't know which part of her body received the wound but one thing for sure, she is not "set for life."
Agawam taxpayers would be wise to get the negligent officer removed from their payroll.

Best regards.

IMHO: There isn't enough money in this world to compensate for a possible life time of pain and suffering due to an injury. Whether or not this young woman receives compensation from the Town for the injuries she received due to the gross negligence of the police officer, she will no doubt be scarred not only physically but mentally as well. I don't know which part of her body received the wound but one thing for sure, she is not "set for life."
Agawam taxpayers would be wise to get the negligent officer removed from their payroll.

Best regards.

Agree 100%

According to one article I read she was shot in the jaw.

I don't know what caliber or type of ammo they use, and though they say her wounds are not "life threatening", I'm sure her face is now pretty well messed up, and she will need a lot of reconstructive surgery to probably even eat solid food again, nevermind how her face is going to look the rest of her life.

This officer messed up - badly - and I cannot believe how some of the commenters on Masslive are saying that this was just an "accident", and "accidents happen". No, this was gross negligence, and this officer should be fired.

Agree 100%

According to one article I read she was shot in the jaw.

I don't know what caliber or type of ammo they use, and though they say her wounds are not "life threatening", I'm sure her face is now pretty well messed up, and she will need a lot of reconstructive surgery to probably even eat solid food again, nevermind how her face is going to look the rest of her life.

This officer messed up - badly - and I cannot believe how some of the commenters on Masslive are saying that this was just an "accident", and "accidents happen". No, this was gross negligence, and this officer should be fired.

People don't understand that generally when it comes to firearms accidents ARE negligence...

^this! Lucky for me I am one of those taxpayers...[rolleyes] Definitely is comforting to know that this guy will likely go right back to duty after a brief "investigation".[rolleyes]

Bring it up at town meeting, ask why the legal budget is so high and how can you lower it.

Back
Top Bottom