• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Accidentally Shot By Police

For the love of God, PLEASE stop calling this an "accident." Accidents are "acts of God" and truly un-avoidable. Boulder falls down a slope and hits your car. That is an "accident." Accidents are truly that - accidental. The police are the first to say there are NO such things as automobile accidents. Just "crashes" caused by any number of mistakes made by drivers.

This is no different. This shooting was completely avoidable via any number of measures, not the least of which was proper trigger discipline by a "trained police officer."

Call it negligent. Call it unintentional. Inconsiderate. Inadvertent. Neglectful. Any number of words fit this situation, but "accident" should not be one of them.

Last edited:
For the love of God, PLEASE stop calling this an "accident." Accidents are "acts of God" and truly un-avoidable. Boulder falls down a slope and hits your car. That is an "accident." Accidents are truly that - accidental. The police are the first to say there are NO such things as automobile accidents. Just "crashes" caused by any number of mistakes made by drivers.

This is no different. This shooting was completely avoidable via any number of measures, not the least of which was proper trigger discipline by a "trained police officer."

Call it negligent. Call it unintentional. Inconsiderate. Inadvertent. Neglectful. Any number of words fit this situation, but "accident" should not be one of them.

^I agree 110%. The reason they like to use that catch-all phrase when applied to their own, is simply because they were presumably there to prevent bad things from happening, so their "intentions were good", and they weren't there to shoot anyone (or so they will say...). This same reasoning should be applied to your car accident example though, because no one that I have ever known has wanted to f'up their car on purpose.

"The case is now in the hands of Hampden County District Attorney Mark Mastroianni."

How can we mere citizens put any pressure on the DA to prosecute for negligence? Nothing will change, until someone(s) changes it.

Had to be a Glock thats why the A.G. hates them, they just fire all by them self.[wink]

I know mine does that's why I can't leave it loaded and had to move the safe farther away from the bed because at night that is all I could hear, click, click, click, click.....

I think its safe to say short of a mechanical issue (defective or malfunctioning weapon) we can all agree this was operator error pure and simple. No Glocks @ Agawam PD,they issuw M&P's

Last edited:
Had to be a Glock thats why the A.G. hates them, they just fire all by them self.[wink]
I know mine does that's why I can't leave it loaded and had to move the safe farther away from the bed because at night that is all I could hear, click, click, click, click.....

Your Glock can reset it's own trigger? Wow, no wonder you moved the safe...

I don't blame you, but keep in mind, that clicking sound could have been the internal clock ticking down before it explodes![laugh]

Yep, I even got that from my own wife last night after reading this story to her. She said "see how dangerous guns are? That stuff even happens to highly trained professionals like that!"[rolleyes][frown]

Pistol whip her with a loaded firearm as a test. When your gun doesn't go off I think your point of view might become more obvious. [rofl]

C.D.Bales said it right.
Of course, he was talking about the fire department, but with some minor modifications it applies here very well:

I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream - and I hope you don't find this too crazy - is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a need, calling the police department would actually be a wise thing to do.

"The case is now in the hands of Hampden County District Attorney Mark Mastroianni."

How can we mere citizens put any pressure on the DA to prosecute for negligence? Nothing will change, until someone(s) changes it.
You cant, you aren't in the same "club" DA's and police are in. And absolutely nothing will happen, other then property taxes will have to go up in that town to pay for the massive (justified) lawsuit coming.

Well he doesn't want MMQB, because there's obviously ten million plausible explanations why a cop would shoot a victim requesting help in the face.

They can't give one. They just want to see the guy with the badge get away with it. That way they can reassure themselves that they will never be fired from their wonderful paying job and guaranteed pensions no matter what kind of ****ups they are, or what kind of damage they do to us lowly, completely expandable civilians.

From LawMan3 at MassCops:
Nothing good being said over at NE shooters.

Nothing good is ever said at NES. Well, nothing good referring to cops at least.

I beg to differ. *Most* of us are law-abiding citizens who have great relationships with our local and state PDs. We mere "civilians" just get sick and damned tired of the double-standard that's applied whenever police screw up. Internal "investigations" never seem to find anyone guilty of anything. Events such as this get swept under the rug and nobody ever faces any consequences. The "holier than thou" attitude shared among the brotherhood of the thin blue line, is sickening.

Reference the "state trooper" who shot a Norton woman on the last day of muzzleloader season. I'm sure with two minutes' worth of googling I could find at least ten other events where the police screwed up, and weren't held accountable. As long as the police go home to THEIR families and THEIR dogs don't get shot, then everything's just ducky. Right?

Back
Top Bottom