About 40 guns stolen from Lowell home

Boston.com:
" Police immediately revoked the gun owner's Massachusetts license to carry a firearm, saying the potential of the missing firearms being used on Lowell streets is disconcerting"
What? What the heck the use of stolen firearms has to do with his license?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

This is the guy whose home was broken into and possessions stolen right? [sad2]

How much time and money is being spent on the prosecution of the thieves? Or have they already been churned back out onto the streets?

This is also the guy whose concrete vault was described as "Very very secure" by the chief of police. The implication being that the victim was not casual with his firearm storage.

Unfortunately, given enough time, anything can be broken into.

Don

"Criminal"

Sir, you are a bigot and uninformed, the person who "redistributed" the original owners guns is a "alternative law follower" and as such is protected by law unlike the homeowner who is getting raped by the system.

Disgusting, but to be expected in this joke of a state

I'm sorry. I'll try to do better next time. [sad]

Lowell safety panel cites violence, guns as top issues

The theft is mentioned in this new article:

LOWELL -- Police Superintendent Kenneth Lavallee told the City Council's public-safety subcommittee on Tuesday the availability of firearms to drug dealers and gang members has reached epidemic proportions.

<snip>

"The vexing issue we're dealing with is the tremendous availability of guns," Lavallee said. "We know it's very easy for a gang member or drug dealer to get their hands on a gun."

What can be done about that remains an open question, though.

Rep. Kevin Murphy proposed legislation last year to require gun owners to keep their weapons secure and have an alarm system in their home.

"You can't imagine after we filed that legislation how we were vilified and criticized by people outside of Lowell," Murphy said.

He said passing new gun laws is "almost impossible to do" in the current political climate.

"It's frustrating," Murphy said.

Assistant District Attorney Cara Krysil said prosecutors are making a priority of firearms cases, indicting defendants who carry guns without a license even though such cases could be handled in District Court.

She said prosecutors are also working to inform judges how much of an impact gun violence is having on Lowell.

Lavallee noted that part of the problem is that firearms are often stolen from legal gun owners around the city, and he mentioned a 2010 incident in which dozens of guns were stolen from a home on Dublin Street. Those guns ended up in the hands of criminals, he said.

Surprisingly, Rep. Kevin Murphy is rated "B" by GOAL, but it doesn't sound like his proposed legislation is going anywhere.

The theft is mentioned in this new article:

Surprisingly, Rep. Kevin Murphy is rated "B" by GOAL, but it doesn't sound like his proposed legislation is going anywhere.

How long do you suppose it would be before someone's alarm rings through to the police that their home was broken into, and it is the police conducting a no-knock raid...

he mentioned a 2010 incident in which dozens of guns were stolen from a home on Dublin Street. Those guns ended up in the hands of criminals, he said.

Weren't they in the hands of criminals the moment they were stolen? GOAL ratings are a joke btw.

Devil's advocate here. If the theft had been somehow planned with the "theives" could this have been set up as an easy way to get guns into the hands of those who couldn't buy them? A few of the guns have already turned up in the hands of felons...

...just throwing it out there. It would be easy to take cash to let the guns be "stolen"...

Devil's advocate here. If the theft had been somehow planned with the "theives" could this have been set up as an easy way to get guns into the hands of those who couldn't buy them? A few of the guns have already turned up in the hands of felons...

...just throwing it out there. It would be easy to take cash to let the guns be "stolen"...

If you knew who it happened to you would realize that scenario is very very unlikely. In fact I would go out on a limb and say not a chance in hell that happened.

From what I recall of the incident, unlikely.

The homeowner had built a literal vault in his basement that took hours for the thieve to cut their way in.

Seems like an awful lot of effort when they could have just left the guns a $150 "locker" in the front hall...

- - - Updated - - -

If you knew who it happened to you would realize that scenario is very very unlikely. In fact I would go out on a limb and say not a chance in hell that happened.

^^

He said passing new gun laws is "almost impossible to do" in the current political climate.

And a big well-done to NES and anyone who contacts their legislators to make it so.

Perhaps it's time to re-rate him.

You don't have the faintest clue of what you're talking about here.

Rep. Kevin Murphy proposed legislation last year to require gun owners to keep their weapons secure and have an alarm system in their home.

"You can't imagine after we filed that legislation how we were vilified and criticized by people outside of Lowell," Murphy said.

Advancing gun control in Massachusetts is so difficult as to be "frustrating"? ****ing clown.

I am going to go out on a limb and say the person who stole the guns knew exactly where there were and that there were a bunch of them!

That was never even remotely in questions.

If I recall correctly most or all of the stolen guns were collectible, surplus, long guns - not exactly the type favored by the more unsavory members of our society. My speculation is that the guns were stolen for their value not to be re-sold to the criminal element. I also believe that the guns were recovered.

Explain? It wouldn't be the first time this type of thing had happened as mentioned, I don't know the guy, but money makes folks do messed up stuff.

EDIT, the victim here is a standup guy. Long time gun community known person who gives a ton of his time to his club.

Stop blaming the victim.

So you would sell your guns to criminals for a few bucks? Look in the mirror before accusing people of crap like this.

Last edited:
That was never even remotely in questions.

If I recall correctly most or all of the stolen guns were collectible, surplus, long guns - not exactly the type favored by the more unsavory members of our society. My speculation is that the guns were stolen for their value not to be re-sold to the criminal element. I also believe that the guns were recovered.

Most of them were recovered here in haverhill and in lawrence if I remember right, I believe a few are still at large.

Explain? It wouldn't be the first time this type of thing had happened as mentioned, I don't know the guy, but money makes folks do messed up stuff.

I know the guy. Money is not an issue. He is one of the best people I have ever known. His health has suffered becuse of this and his life has literally been turned upside down.

Most of them were recovered here in haverhill and in lawrence if I remember right, I believe a few are still at large.

That is also my understanding.

And who has the recovered guns now? Dowd?

Evidence as far as I know. Also, the rightful owner had his license yanked for being a victim. The police were also pursuing some bullshit charges against him along the lines of building or having explosive devices.

Back
Top Bottom