• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

About 40 guns stolen from Lowell home

WOW! Are real arsenal!

No Bullets!? They didn't say anything about a "cache" of ammo!

OH! and hand grenades!

It's Zombie time!

All kidding aside, I wish there was more info, like how did he have them stored, you know, important stuff like that.

The resident had a permit to own guns, Richardson said. That permit has been revoked and police are investigating whether the resident had legally obtained all the firearms, Richardson said.

Yup, blame the victim. Turn his life upside down. It's all his fault. He wanted it being dressed that way.

The resident had a permit to own guns, Richardson said. That permit has been revoked and police are investigating whether the resident had legally obtained all the firearms, Richardson said.

I wonder, would Capt. Kelly Richardson take away your driver's license and make it illegal for you to buy a car if your car were stolen? How about an investigation into whether the victim bought the car legally? Hey Capt. Kelly Richardson, you are a real hero. Thanks for keeping us all safe.

I had to post a comment on the article to help teach the other moonbats the concept of right and wrong.

A couple of those comments are hard for me to decipher. I know I may not be an expert with the English language and my spelling isn't all that great but yikes.
So far most of the comments make me want to [puke]

Pathetic. Revoke then figure out if he's done something wrong. I guess law abiding citizens are easier to catch.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

"The resident had a permit to own guns, Richardson said. That permit has been revoked and police are investigating whether the resident had legally obtained all the firearms, Richardson said."

The only 2 sentences pertaining to the actual incident are above. Save yourself the fluff.

Those with information about the gun thefts or other crimes are encouraged to contact Lowell Police at 978-937-3200.

I have some information about a related theft. The Lowell police stole that man's permit.

Those with information about the gun thefts or other crimes are encouraged to contact Lowell Police at 978-937-3200.

I have some information about a related theft. The Lowell police stole that man's permit.

This!

But in all serious, this man was the subject of a theft, and now has no way of protecting himself from a repeat offense?
Making matters worse, his address was splashed all over the article for the rest of the vultures to come get sloppy seconds.

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_17006977#ixzz1A5wMU766

i am guessing that if the guns weren't legal, he wouldnt have reported the theft.

Why are they revoking his license? i hope thats just temporary

i am guessing that if the guns weren't legal, he wouldnt have reported the theft.

Why are they revoking his license? i hope thats just temporary

How are they going to prove they were obtained legally as well? The FRB is a giant mess and you would have to track down every possible dealer or private individual that they might have purchased from.

I wonder, would Capt. Kelly Richardson take away your driver's license and make it illegal for you to buy a car if your car were stolen? How about an investigation into whether the victim bought the car legally? Hey Capt. Kelly Richardson, you are a real hero. Thanks for keeping us all safe.

+1
This is the f---ing worst!! The cops immediately have the guy pegged for illegal firearm ownership and storage. I hope they have proof of this because if they don't,I hope the homeowner sues the shit out of the police dept and town. That is absolutely batshit. Guy has house broken into, personal belongings stolen, and the fu--en cops treat him like shit, F you Capt. Richardson!!!

How are they going to prove they were obtained legally as well? The FRB is a giant mess and you would have to track down every possible dealer or private individual that they might have purchased from.

yeah, i dont know how they do that. i never had a gun stolen. (knock on wood) I am guessing the guy jsut gave them the serial numbers, and the cops will check to see if he actually bought them. If he didnt, and they werent legal, he just wouldn't talk.

if they steal illegal drugs out of your car, do you call the cops?

yeah, i dont know how they do that. i never had a gun stolen. (knock on wood) I am guessing the guy jsut gave them the serial numbers, and the cops will check to see if he actually bought them. If he didnt, and they werent legal, he just wouldn't talk.

if they steal illegal drugs out of your car, do you call the cops?

Actually ...... YES, some people really are stupid enough to report their illegal drugs getting stolen to the cops.

Do you have to report a firearm theft to the police in MA? Or are you required to just fill out an FA-10 to document it?

The reason I ask is because they are never going to recover the guns anyway. Even if they did, they would not likely return them to you. And on top of that you lose your license. I would rather just eat the loss and have the ability to rebuild my collection.

Do you have to report a firearm theft to the police in MA? Or are you required to just fill out an FA-10 to document it?

The reason I ask is because they are never going to recover the guns anyway. Even if they did, they would not likely return them to you. And on top of that you lose your license. I would rather just eat the loss and have the ability to rebuild my collection.

i think you do have to report it. what if someone gets shot with your gun? and you never reported it stolen? you are in big trouble.

they dont just take your license away. This guys license was probably revoked till the investigation is over. They cant take your gun license away because someone broke into your house. (assuming you werent braking any laws)

i think you do have to report it. what if someone gets shot with your gun? and you never reported it stolen? you are in big trouble.

they dont just take your license away. This guys license was probably revoked till the investigation is over. They cant take your gun license away because someone broke into your house. (assuming you werent braking any laws)

Those serial numbers are being filed down as we all speak. And it is obvious from the Police response "Don't ask Don't tell" seems to be the motto.

I show them the FA-10 which I sent into the CHSB. Not my fault they scanned it into the machine and didn't investigate further.

edit: and they can take away your license for any reason.

edit2: and yes the theft needs to be reported to the state AND local police. I don't know that it entitles them to come poking around your house though. Knowing this I would see to it that my remaining firearms were nowhere south of the NH border.
http://www.goal.org/masslawpages/theftlossrecoveredinfo.html

Last edited:
if his guns werent properly stored then they might have a case. i was told all handguns not "in service" are supposed to be stored in a locked container or safe. i guess the police dont consider his house was a "locked container." this is why i spent the time and money on a solid gun safe. many cops and most government officials dont want anyone to possess a gun except for them ==> just like hitler, castro, hussein, kim jon-il, clinton, etc....

Back
Top Bottom