A taste of Mass for NH

warningsign.jpg

The cops looked for the mag and ammo for 17 days. Don't they have anything better to do? I would be pissed if I was paying their salaries.

The cops looked for the mag and ammo for 17 days. Don't they have anything better to do? I would be pissed if I was paying their salaries.

Amen!

If only one man was looking for 17 days, that would be thousands of dollars spent on each round.

And it's ammo. While I cannot easily find it in the quantities that I would like to purchase ammo, I can find it quite easily. So can almost anyone who owns a firearm. And if you claim it's for a carbine, you might even be able to buy pistol rounds once your 18.

I've always wondered what's involved and cleaning up a house after they fill it with tear gas. Say some dirtbag breaks into and holes up in your house and they flush him with a ton of tear gas. What do you have to do to clean it up? Is it as easy as wiping things down and washing linens?

What does that have to do with MA? Or is it now the case that you don't take responsibility for anything? NH is a successful economy colony of MA. You should be thankful.

Here's the real difference: in Cambridge they'd be looking for it because of perceived public danger. In Concord they'd be looking for it because it cost $40.[smile]

What does that have to do with MA? Or is it now the case that you don't take responsibility for anything? NH is a successful economy colony of MA. You should be thankful.

Here's the real difference: in Cambridge they'd be looking for it because of perceived public danger. In Concord they'd be looking for it because it cost $40.[smile]

NH is NOT a colony of Mass.

Having lived in both NH for a little over a year, worked in Portsmouth for almost 2, and lived in Mass for the other 23 years of my life.. this is not a taste of Mass

1) Mass would have called in the national guard/army helicopters and spent millions using the latest technology to find the lost magazine
2) Officer would have been put on paid administrative leave for 8 weeks for losing said magazine
3) Mass would pass a law prohibiting LEO's from carrying magazines exceeding 8 rounds
4) Mass would spend 500million dollars installing RFID/GPS technology into each LEO magazine

Oh, and the Portsmouth PD is frigging awesome. Any Portsmouth officers here? You guys rock.

Mass would spend 500million dollars installing RFID/GPS technology into each LEO magazine
You saw the State House bill that wants to fund a Committee to study the feasibility of requiring GPS technology in fireamrs, yes?

No, not GPS so that if you get lost while carrying your gun you can find your way home.

They want every firearm in MA to have a celluar phone to dial its location to the Criminal History Systems Board every minute or so. I suppose v.2 of the software will only dial out when the location changes.

"Sargent? This is John in Chelsea. We have Glock #98734623 on the move in your town. Heading south on Maple st."

Arrrrggghhh!

NH is NOT a colony of Mass.
Take a look at Route 3, Route 93, or Route 95 at rush hour, ask any Innkeeper or ski area operator and get back to me.[smile] NH is a successful economic colony of MA: ME tried and failed.

Live Tax Free or Die: Sin taxes are not the worst of evils. -General John Stark
Fixd.

//
Oh, and the Portsmouth PD is frigging awesome. Any Portsmouth officers here? You guys rock.
I lived there in the 70's. Portsmouth was a Navy town and the police were not to be trifled with. The Dolphin Striker is my favorite restaurant of all time.

Last edited:
You saw the State House bill that wants to fund a Committee to study the feasibility of requiring GPS technology in fireamrs, yes?

No, not GPS so that if you get lost while carrying your gun you can find your way home.

They want every firearm in MA to have a celluar phone to dial its location to the Criminal History Systems Board every minute or so. I suppose v.2 of the software will only dial out when the location changes.

"Sargent? This is John in Chelsea. We have Glock #98734623 on the move in your town. Heading south on Maple st."

Arrrrggghhh!

I actually hadn't seen that, I was just being facetious [crying]

I've always wondered what's involved and cleaning up a house after they fill it with tear gas. Say some dirtbag breaks into and holes up in your house and they flush him with a ton of tear gas. What do you have to do to clean it up? Is it as easy as wiping things down and washing linens?

My understanding of CS is it is an abrasive crystal agent at a microscopic level carried by gas. I'd assume you just wipe all hard surfaces down and use a shampooer to clean upholstery.

It does settle on hard surfaces which need to be rinsed off, and it will stay on clothing until you wash it, although after a few hours you stop noticing (if it is on your clothes).

Mike

CS is just an abrasive crystal agent carried by gas. It does settle on hard surfaces as well as soft ones, but all that you should need to do is wipe them down and clean the linen and upholstery. You can clean it out of clothes just by doing them in the wash. You'd probably also want to get any HVAC ducting you have cleaned.

Mike

The Portsmouth chief of police does not want any of the helpless civilian sheeple to get hurt if they find the ammo and touch it. Personally, I think it is a self-serving statement, since the likelihood of recovering it after all this time is just about nil. With all of the rain that we got last weekend, my guess is that it definitely would be under water.

Loosing that magazine by that officer is what we used to call in the Army a "Non career enhancing event."

That magazine is "sleeping with the fishes"[laugh] after 1.5" of rain Saturday.

I wonder if that magazine fits the gun that a cop lost, in Nashua if I remember right, a few years back.

If they want to find that magazine, provided it is still there, they should send in a couple 6 year olds. They find everything.

NH would have a serious financial headache if Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont repealed their sales taxes.

The Portsmouth chief of police does not want any of the helpless civilian sheeple to get hurt if they find the ammo and touch it. Personally, I think it is a self-serving statement, since the likelihood of recovering it after all this time is just about nil. With all of the rain that we got last weekend, my guess is that it definitely would be under water.

Just a reminder, it was the Portsmouth police we were complimenting not too long ago for their professional treatment of William Kostric during his open carry during Obama's health care rally. And if I recall correctly, it was their COP who took it upon himself to secure permission for Kostric to move to church property when the Feds were giving him trouble for being on school property.

NH would have a serious financial headache if Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont repealed their sales taxes.

Why because the citizens of Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont would all of the sudden have 5% more disposable income which would be a boom to the economy in the overall New England region and create more jobs. No No I beg of you, please, please don't do it!!!! [rofl]

Why because the citizens of Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont would all of the sudden have 5% more disposable income which would be a boom to the economy in the overall New England region and create more jobs. No No I beg of you, please, please don't do it!!!! [rofl]
If I moved to NH the additional real estate tax I paid would more than offset what I pay in state income taxes in most of the state.

So go for it and cut RE taxes: except then you'd have additional lawsuits over school funding.....

If I moved to NH the additional real estate tax I paid would more than offset what I pay in state income taxes in most of the state.

So go for it and cut RE taxes: except then you'd have additional lawsuits over school funding.....

As much as it sucks to pay high property taxes, I'd much rather pay them knowing it went to the town (with most going to the school in said town), than paying all kinds of other taxes and have it go to Concord to be wasted there.

A taste of NH for NH,
just thought I'd edit your headline. MA creates enough of it's own look and laugh at me threads without any help from others. This ones yours, you keep it.

NH cops have 17 days to look for a lost mag because we have such a low crime rate......due to every one being armed, and not expecting the gubbermint to do our thinking for us. At least they weren't sitting around the station getting fat or getting paid six-figure salaries to be flagmen on construction sites.

Back
Top Bottom