A little rant HANSON ROD AND GUN...made my kid cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been shooting trap there for a little over a year and listen to the old timer club members talk about how the rifle guys call the trap guys a bunch of redneck hicks. I have never shot at their rifle range. I was amusing myself at your expense on a day off due to snow. I have no hard feelings towards anyone. There is a name for what I was doing, it slips my mind right now, maybe I will remember it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Troll.. its called being a troll ..

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Do they even have a range? Can't tell by their website.

Yup, and going by Google Earth from the covered shooting area(by the blue pick up) to the treeline is around 210yds..

24537237409_94a88440a4_b.jpg

I have been shooting trap there for a little over a year and listen to the old timer club members talk about how the rifle guys call the trap guys a bunch of redneck hicks. I have never shot at their rifle range. I was amusing myself at your expense on a day off due to snow. I have no hard feelings towards anyone. There is a name for what I was doing, it slips my mind right now, maybe I will remember it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

yeah and the rifle and pistol guys still think us trap shooters get ammo and reloading supplies free through the club! that BS shit is as old as dawn itself.
The poor old guy got it all ass backwards to....the trap guys are the snobs. Be thankful there is not a skeet field at Hanson the trap guys would be the lesser class....giggles and sarcasm

Last edited:
i didn't read this whole thread, can someone tell me in a quick sentence or two why they banned shooting orange clay targets except at the trap range at hanson, please.

The reason they banned clays is because people were climbing up the berm and placing them instead of tossing them like a frisbee this caused the berm to erode faster and become less of an angle and that might have been why they they thought they were getting ricochets they had to hire someone to regrade the whole thing and it was very expensive I think it was more of a shooting stuff too close and low to the bench and the rounds bouncing I'm a big fan of Hanson but this rule is kind of dumb I usually shoot steel plates anyway but it's fun to decimate clays now and then

Last edited:
i didn't read this whole thread, can someone tell me in a quick sentence or two why they banned shooting orange clay targets except at the trap range at hanson, please.

Other than messy and non bio I have not got a good reason yet.

The reason they banned clays is because people were climbing up the berm and placing them instead of tossing them like a frisbee this caused the berm to erode faster and become less of an angle and that might have been why they they thought they were getting ricochets they had to hire someone to regrade the whole thing and it was very expensive I think it was more of a shooting stuff too close and low to the bench and the rounds bouncing I'm a big fan of Hanson but this rule is kind of dumb I usually shoot steel plates anyway but it's fun to decimate clays now and then

Again instead of just punishing the offenders they punish the group.
Walking on climbing the Bern has always been a no no at Hanson.

So instead of putting up a sign asking to not climb on the berm... they just ban shit... [rofl]

ETA: It sounds like this reasoning is straight from page 2 of the "fudds guide to banning stuff at your gun club" manual.... lmao

Last edited:
I just want to see all the reports of bullets being an issue flying through peoples living rooms over the back side of that monstrosity of a berm.

I just want to see all the reports of bullets being an issue flying through peoples living rooms over the back side of that monstrosity of a berm.

I don't know if any of them made it to a house but I have personally sat in the trap range and listened to the bullets going through the air and crashing into the trees....
Mind you 99% of the bullets that leave the range are bouncing off the ground.( The reason why the elevated target rule they finally made official) that's why they added that second higher berm also.
Be thank full they didn't dig more of a down slop into the berm to gain some height you think Davis pond is bad enough ......well it could be worse.

Last edited:
Accept if they're 50BMG. They never had a rule against it, but I was laughed at after I was told at the rifle range we couldn't.

But, then again, isn't this the club that spent all this $$$$$$ to "fix" the rifle range drainage and it still had puddles/ponds of water after a rain?
I left there after that debacle and went to New Bedford. at the time dues were $60/year for non-resident.

Is Plymouth close to you? Good breakfast near it at least.

F*** Plymouth! You need to purchase a key to the club house along with paying a fee every time you want to use the indoor or outdoor range on top of your membership(I'll never join a club that nickles and dimes it's membership).

All I can really say about Hanson(aside from when I was at a fun shoot as a kid that was awesome) is from the end of my driveway to the firing line at Hanson is 5.3 miles and I still chose to join BRP at more than triple the distance/drive time after I spoke with a few of the members from Hanson. In a right and just world all Fudds would be gang raped daily, occasionally multiple times a day.

F*** Plymouth! You need to purchase a key to the club house along with paying a fee every time you want to use the indoor or outdoor range on top of your membership(I'll never join a club that nickles and dimes it's membership).

All I can really say about Hanson(aside from when I was at a fun shoot as a kid that was awesome) is from the end of my driveway to the firing line at Hanson is 5.3 miles and I still chose to join BRP at more than triple the distance/drive time after I spoke with a few of the members from Hanson. In a right and just world all Fudds would be gang raped daily, occasionally multiple times a day.

Plymouth is $125 base membership ... then $2/visit for the indoor range. And $3.50 per round of trap. And then the sporting clay range is $11. Screw that place.

Plymouth is $125 base membership ... then $2/visit for the indoor range. And $3.50 per round of trap. And then the sporting clay range is $11. Screw that place.

That will all go away once they make the money back for the improvements...right?
The trap and sporting clays fee is not to bad cheap vs some clubs.
I think it averaged out to about .70 cents profit per round back when I actually shot trap.

Just to be crystal clear I'm not sticking up for Hanson or FUDDS in any way, shape or form but your logic has a major flaw.

When the bullets are flying into living rooms it's too effing late.

A "No climbing the berm" rule would have been more than enough.

Just to be crystal clear I'm not sticking up for Hanson or FUDDS in any way, shape or form but your logic has a major flaw.

When the bullets are flying into living rooms it's too effing late.

A "No climbing the berm" rule would have been more than enough.

Understood, I'm all for safety, but sometimes paranoia can overcome common sense and make things less fun. The odds of a bullet flying through someone's living room is massive, for them to start "cracking down" I'm guessing something happened, Why are they "cracking down", was there a close call, I feel there should be a reason for "cracking down"? At least that's the terminology the RSO used the day I was there.
The other fear I have is when they start banning little things, they will eventually start banning big things, like steal targets, rapid fire....etc etc. the pranoia can get out of hand and single handily ruin a club. Yes.... A stray bullet can potentially ruin a club, but the odds are emense. With the amount of people shooting at Hanson these days nothing crazy has happened, as far as I know, if so, I'd like to hear about it.

I feel like ur setting me up asking me that...I have no idea, but the traffic has increased significantly since I joined 5 yrs ago, its rare to be there alone anymore. But I don't think the number matters at all, whatsoever, and I think u know that, I know what ur doing.
They also increased the number of RSO's since I became a memeber due to all the new memberships.

How many members at Hanson?

Last i heard wasabout 1300+ that was a few years ago. Although its been the same faces when I go for the past 10 years. I dont think the actual percentage of active members has changed....about 15%
Hanson has made some nice upgrades.

As for cracking down on the rules: I will say it again the elevated target rule and distances where suposed to be in place years ago. before they even built the pistol range.
I have a copy of the uptodate rules as of the jan 14th election and then they changed the rules in Feb. before the clays where banned completely rule 20 was BIO DEGRADABLE CLAYS ONLY.

Also from as far back as I can remember NO CLIMBING OR DIGGING ON THE BERM

Last edited:
I feel like ur setting me up asking me that...I have no idea, but the traffic has increased significantly since I joined 5 yrs ago, its rare to be there alone anymore. But I don't think the number matters at all, whatsoever, and I think u know that, I know what ur doing.
They also increased the number of RSO's since I became a memeber due to all the new memberships.

Setting you up for what.....it should be public info... most clubs require a posting of all club funds in and out. I see o\it posted right on the walls of some clubs.

Setting you up for what.....it should be public info... most clubs require a posting of all club funds in and out. I see o\it posted right on the walls of some clubs.

The only real increase i have seen is more LEO training taking more weeks away from members. I do not shoot very often but im at the club for other things. Walk the trails, meet people there breakfast. Now that my kids are older more meetings to follow.

Boycotting isn't the answer. Members need to dive in and get more involved, not less involved. Only then will they be allowed to participate in the inner workings of the club leadership and then work to get the changes they want.

Yep. Sitting out may (or may not) get noticed. Getting involved gets noticed, lets you become part of the decision making process. The main reason I got certified as a RSO was so that I could help run matches at my club. A while after that I was asked if I would be willing to take over the responsibility for running the monthly plate matches with another member. Hell yes.

What the hell is the point of a 5-round mag limit, anyway? Angle Tree Stone has the same thing, apparently.

Who knows, but it's the exact same mentality as the gun grabbing politicians, it's the last thing we need when we are trying to exercise our rights at a gun club.

Once they start banning little stuff, the big stuff is also in jeopardy.

As far as I know marshfield is 6 rounds, where did they get that number, Governor Cuomo?

AMEN! I belong to a little rc plane club and I get emails galore and an interactive website. Hanson's website is a FUc**** joke and they never send any emails about upcoming meeting agenda. Pretty sad. When I joined I threw out a Hey I would update and manage the website for free and got the Someone handles that already. Nice by handling we must mean we don't do this web stuff.

The club's website is advertising a raffle under the 'events' tab. The winner of the raffle will be announced on 02/14/2013.
They really should have taken you up on your offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom