A little rant HANSON ROD AND GUN...made my kid cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac1911

NES Member
If any members want to add their name to a petition to reverse the Clay ban,please PM me

Ok for what ever reason HR&GC Hanson Ma. Decided to ban the Clay pigeons for targets on the back stop. When my daughter wanted to go shooting she yells out.
"DAD DONT FORGET THE ORANGE RATS" that's what I call it orange range rat hunting.

When I told her they where no longer allowed she started to cry and asked why did they ruin all the fun I didn't have a good answer for her. She's pretty quick and asked if they banned them at the trap range too. When I said no She really balled, that's not right why can those old guys still shoot them.....arrgghh not a easy day.

So Hanson ......bad new rule.
Finally getting people to stop shooting at shit on the ground at 20 yards. Good thing...

To the board members expect a watery eye girl asking questions come family day.

She does not forget.....

So looks,like I lost my shooting partner and the only thing we really both enjoy doing together. She likes fishing but thats not as fun as orange range rat control.

Here is the new rule update
This updated rule reads as follows:

Metallic targets shall be set no closer than 7 yards for pistol or 25 yards for rifle use.
Reactive targets may be used, however, they cannot be used within 50 feet (approx. 17 yards) of the firing range line unless elevated.
Please be aware of "splash back" (displacement of fragments) if using jacketed rounds.
If shooting at non paper targets you must pick up all target debris when range is "cold" and the red safety lights are on.
Shooting at wildlife, rocks, glass, or potentially explosive targets is strictly prohibited.
The shooting at ground targets is strictly prohibited! This includes bottles, spinners, golf balls or foreign objects of any kind on ALL RANGES!
The shooting of clay pigeons for targets is prohibited on all ranges except the trap range.

I agree with everything but the no clays. Can't even place them in one of those holders

Last edited:
Time for a podunk club where the only rule is to keep bullets in the backstop.....

That does suck but maybe you can pick up some reactive steel targets instead and paint them orange. Something to keep your daughter interested and entertained. There are a number of different options to choose from so get a couple that do different things so she gets additional skills. Unless the fudds banned them too.....

That does suck but maybe you can pick up some reactive steel targets instead and paint them orange. Something to keep your daughter interested and entertained. There are a number of different options to choose from so get a couple that do different things so she gets additional skills. Unless the fudds banned them too.....

Good idea right here.

Or get some balloons, blow them up and put them on a target stand.

Im sure fudd will bitch about that, too, unless theres already a blanket allowance....

Time for a podunk club where the only rule is to keep bullets in the backstop.....

Used to be that way..... I remember the days when it was real simple.
1. Keep shots on the back stop and take your trash with you. Simple. Could shoot anything shy of used motor oil.

So looks,like I lost my shooting partner and the only thing we really both enjoy doing together.
I have a pretty solid idea of what I would tell the board to go do if I was in your shoes and then I'd find a new club. I can't stand FUDD dumbassery.

She shoots steel but she doesn't like it as much... believe me I tried. She likes the clays cause she can keep shooting them until they are no longer visable. She actually said she was bored with steel.
I have spinners , bowling pins, chickens....rather bust clays. Don't blame her I like it to.
I set up my 22lr upper with a lower with RRA entry stock so she can do some red dot and finer scope work this summer....

- - - Updated - - -

I have a pretty solid idea of what I would tell the board to go do if I was in your shoes and then I'd find a new club. I can't stand FUDD dumbassery.

As much as I like to its very close and convenient...plus I just paid up for 2016.

Trap Time!

Wingshooting_sm.JPG

whats the issue? aren't they biodegradable?

I don't know didn't get a solid reason other than some people can't follow rules I guess.
So,instead of tossing idiots out they just "ban" stuff. Sound familiar.

I will,be,sending my email with my disappointment of the new rule.

They mentioned something about it looks awful but the mess the folks "training" there is ok though.?

Any how hanson for the most part is a good place. They are expanding the pistol range and maybe just maybe if they stay on top of some of the rules they might let clays back. We had to run paper only for a while because people didn't pick up their shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Trap Time!

Wingshooting_sm.JPG

She has no interest in trap.... to many old guys around....her words.
I will try when she's a,little older. Right now she has zero interest in trying to hold up the shotty.

Last edited:
If they're sick of the mess I'd ask about work hours credited for going in and cleaning the range so clays are good again.

They have the work hour program. The clays don't make a mess. They don't last long and get blasted to oblivion. The splinters from the target frames make more of a mess.

Bring it to the membership, bring it to the board.

Most new rules are enacted because of a real or perceived need. If it was over-reaction, they will change it.

Run for the Board on the "we want clays" platform.

Believe me I,was ready to dive deep in to the club. Then TWINS. I plan on getting back into things once the kids are a little older.
I started a sign up sheet and when ever I'm at the club I will work with members trying to get it back.

I have a hard enough time finding time to get to the club and when my daughter asks I jump. The twins are still way to young to hang out at the range. If they had the attention span of the eldest daughter I would be fine with it.

Last edited:
I made this suggestion in a similar post,Necco wafers. Granted a bit small but colorful,biodegradable and most important cheap shooting.

Some are some aren't, maybe some of the ones people were using weren't. Also I think it still takes a while for the biodegradable ones to break down. but if she's shooting them till she can't see them anymore then she's not the problem.

whats the issue? aren't they biodegradable?

I like tossing them a few (3-6) feet up on the berm. Puts them at a good height so that center-fire stuff pretty quickly destroys whatever debris I leave behind. 22 gives me 3-5 hits before there's not enough to easily hit. We have a 50 and 100 yard berm at my club, so it works for my daughters also, the younger os deadly at 50.

So if there's any chance they're worried about ricochet or damage to whatever you're putting the clays on to shoot them (both legitimate imho) maybe tossing them on the berm would be cool.

Take her to shoot sporting clays:)

Seems like a rule created by a club whiner / loudmouth fudd plus a buddy or two. I can't think of any reason that clays would be a problem. My club has very restrictive rules at the range but clays are AOK. If there was a reason to ban them, someone would try. Proliferation of such rules IMO becomes a cultural thing that doesn't go away until new officers are voted in.

Liquid filled plastic bottles OK so long as the mess is cleaned up? Cheap cans of diet soda? Those can be fun...

If they're sick of the mess I'd ask about work hours credited for going in and cleaning the range so clays are good again.

The "it makes a mess" excuse is pure bs, they're pretty much biodegradable. Some fudd has a pole up their ass, that's the only real problem.

I am a member at Hanson and I like the way they are moving. They are providing a nice, clean, safe place to enjoy, and I say good job.

Last edited:
What a joke, banning clay pigeons. find a new range

- - - Updated - - -

The "it makes a mess" excuse is pure bs, they're pretty much biodegradable. Some fudd has a pole up their ass, that's the only real problem.
this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom