A little rant HANSON ROD AND GUN...made my kid cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this the club that allows ZERO hunting on the property?

I'm not sure if hunting is "banned" you can't park on the property to gain access.
It would be tough to ban hunting as it abutting burage pond MA,wildlife property. Although most of the non swamp land is close to homes and buildings.

I am a member at Hanson and I like the way they are moving. They are providing a nice, clean, safe place to enjoy, and I say good job.

Don't get me wrong Hanson has made some improvements.
Finally getting the 1st pistol range done. Now going on to the addition to the pistol range is well and good. Although the ranges will be flooded with standing water often. Much like rifle range.
I'm all good with no targets on the ground. On the rifle range the bullets would bounce over the berm if you shot at anything on the ground inside 25 yards....
Sit in the trap parking lot when rifle range is busy.....you will eventually hear the whizzing bullets going out . The LEO training was the worst and finally moved them up to 50 yard mark.
I don't mind safe rules. There's nothing unsafe about shooting clay targets on the back stop.
I don't even need to do anything but toss the clays on the back stop. It's just silly. If the clays are messy they need to do something about the trap range....oh wait the clays are biodegradable so they don't have to pick them up.
I am a paying member and enjoy the folks there.

In a nut shell I wouldn't care if it didn't up set my daughter. I'm into trying to shoot small little groups.
Heck I don't even brake out the 22s anymore unless I take my daughter. I don't shoot when I take my daughter. I just watch for safety reasons.

You didn't believe me when I told ya huh!! Once I get settled in bring her to my new house with its private rage we will blow up clays with tannerite
0167442a021a1d0d75c68c74888063d6.jpg
8c70497bb10a6d8ca50053297a163e92.jpg

The "it makes a mess" excuse is pure bs, they're pretty much biodegradable. Some fudd has a pole up their ass, that's the only real problem.

The last day I shot there before moving I had some fudd come scream at me for clays on the berm..... I advised him politely I missed the new rule, he still screamed red in the face while the range was cold and I was getting muzzle swept by people hanging guns..(they he missed in his blind rage) I asked him if he thought it was a good idea to get borderline violent at a gun range, told him to FOAD his kids can't wait for his inheritance any longer and he should eat a bullet... Haven't been back, won't be back....

I am a member at Hanson and I like the way they are moving. They are providing a nice, clean, safe place to enjoy, and I say good job.

You suck and are the reason that place sucks now, you can have it. It used to be a great range.

Yes it reduces the chance of ricochet and doesn't make it look like a mess

In the berm 4 feet of the ground? LMAO were you the hero FUDD screaming at me in December? If I come back for a CMP shoot there better not be a single shot gun shell from the cops shooting on the ground. I expect since you care so much you will clean then all up right?

Last edited:
Not so much the ricochet but it looks like a bunch of redneck yolks have been there

Who the **** cares what it looks like? It's a damn range, as long as it's not polluting/trash etc. why the hell do you care? It's a damn range... there are bits of paper from targets, jackets from bullets, splinters from target holders, it's not your damn yard.

**** this shit pisses me off, so because you think it "looks too redneck" for a ****ing gun range you want to ban other people from enjoyment that has no friggen impact on you what so ever.

Stay the hell in MA, we don't want your ilk in NH, you're the type that compromises gun rights right down the ****ing toilet.

Yep I'm gonna shoot at the ground I am yep gimme nother one

Well glad you're talking about something completely different than the class, since we are talking about putting clays ON THE BERM. By the way the berm is the big pile of dirt at the end of the range, it's there to catch those things that come out of the end of a gun.... FYI

I actually thought it was on the ground but doesn't matter

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

You say it doesn't matter, so infer that you think that even on the berm, it increases the risk of a ricochet? Do I have that correctly?

No doesn't matter that I was mistaken that I thought it was the ground you were talking about

No doesn't matter that I was mistaken that I thought it was the ground you were talking about

So you're gonna go clean all the shotgun shells up from the range right? I mean you don't want the place to look like a bunch of rednecks shoot there or anything? Lol get bent.

So when they change rules at your club doesn't the membership get to vote on it. If not that is BS. It is your club and you should have a say in the rules. If you dont go to the meetings then shame on you. I always make time so I know if BS like this has come up.

My attitude of being safer and cleaner and not wanting rules changed because of crying?

How do clay targets on berms cause a safety issue again? I'm still missing that piece of information.

If you attitude here is anything like it is at the range, then you are precisely the shooter they are trying to get rid off

Funny we had a good run at Hanson before the influx of new members. We were self policing and had fun with the sport, now there's talk of a barrier across the rifle line (no more shooting prone) and I'm sure magazine limits are next. So yeah, I have an attitude that my beloved range as been, for lack of a better term gentrified. Good riddance they can have it. We don't even have a safety light system at the other range in a member at.... Meanwhile no one gets hollered at for shooting clays..... At a gun range. My attitude here pales in comparison to how I and others have been treated by wanna be range officers on a power trip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom