A little rant HANSON ROD AND GUN...made my kid cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guys that leave shot gun hulls on the ground are slobs. There is nothing easier to pick up.
i really dont understand how shooting clays on the berm or hung on the target holders poses any type of danger that is not there when shooting hanging paper. The bullets hit the same berm in the same area.

My attitude of being safer and cleaner and not wanting rules changed because of crying?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

still waiting for the reasoning on why shooting clays in unsafe....

But, I hear you on neater.... What really bothers me is, the little bits of paper seen under the target stands. I don't shoot paper so, I don't see a need for those dirty rednecks to shoot all that paper.

It's not this was all about the crying kid

The crying girl was upset because she wanted to go do one of her favorite things to do with her father. Shooting clays on a berm at a shooting range. Nice deflection attempt. The OP posted it isn't allowed anymore and the little girl, and quite a few of us don't see why.

Then why did you make the claim that using clays increased the chances of a ricochet if you knew it posed no actual danger?

Or say that clays make the range look like a rednecks playground?

So therfore anyone that doesn't agree is wrong nice

The only argument you have been able to poorly articulate is that clays on the berm are ugly and therefore it is good they were banned. It seems as though you backtracked on the safety issue due to misunderstanding whether they were on the ground or the berm. Once it was defined they were on the berm it appears you retracted your safety concerns.

So this leaves us with you arguing because it makes a pile of dirt look ugly it should be banned. Am I getting your argument correctly documented?

The reason you are wrong is not because you don't agree, it's because you are willing to take away someone else's enjoyment for the goal of making a big pile of dirt look prettier.

So therfore anyone that doesn't agree is wrong nice

You can disagree all you want, but you would need to use basic writing and reading comprehension to convey a point that you will stand behind as to why you disagree with what's most likely the majority of club and forum members.

You're completely missing the point. It's not about some crying kid. It's about building future generations of shooters and gun owners. The OP and his daughter, by shooting clays on the berm/backstop in a safe and clean manner, were building the next generation.
Not so much the ricochet but it looks like a bunch of redneck yolks have been there
It's this kind of supercilious attitude that drives people away from the shooting sports and gun ownership.

Just to be clear about why this attitude is completely bogus: Clays on the berm are not a ricochet hazard. As far as "looking bad", clays get reduced to dust pretty quickly due to being shot and/or bio-degradation. A range is not a front yard. It needn't look like a trash dump, but priorities are screwed up when looks overrule usage.

Last edited:
Paint the clays gold and call it Sutter's mill nuggets.

and pass the grey poupon.
dont forget to replace your divots .
Hanson gun and country club.

Last edited:
Aside from the clay targets you stated they have a ricochet problem.Does club have any type of berm maintenance,and management.

Paint the clays gold and call it Sutter's mill nuggets.

and pass the grey poupon.
dont forget to replace your divots .
Hanson gun and country club.

I think that anytime you are done shooting or using the premises that you rake out out all holes in the berm and drag a tree branch behind your vehicle as you leave the club covering up all tire prints.

As we have seen, the broken clays located anywhere other than the shotgun range are unsightly. The lack of tire prints on the ground is... well... sort of extra special.

Any idiot who thinks clays can ricochet a bullet should read the warning on the box they come in [smile] "Handle Like Eggs"

Last edited:
They have 'the help' color match any clay fragments to blend in with the dirt berm. The only 'management' I can see from this thread is Mis-

I f*cking hate FUDDS

I heard a couple of board members from the fuddiest range in pembroke were "displaced" and went to Hanson but take it with a grain of salt.

So when they change rules at your club doesn't the membership get to vote on it. If not that is BS. It is your club and you should have a say in the rules. If you dont go to the meetings then shame on you. I always make time so I know if BS like this has come up.

The out in the by laws is the "board" can change anything they want if it involves a safety issue

The guys that leave shot gun hulls on the ground are slobs. There is nothing easier to pick up.
i really dont understand how shooting clays on the berm or hung on the target holders poses any type of danger that is not there when shooting hanging paper. The bullets hit the same berm in the same area.

you should see the mess LEO makes after training.....walk down the range you will see where they set up.....

My attitude of being safer and cleaner and not wanting rules changed because of crying?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Well someone did some crying to get the clays banned from the berm?

This rant has built up from a few things......
1. they cancelled the xmas party and my kids where sad about that
2. they cancelled family day.... have not broke that news to my kids yet
3. the clays

CMEboston is correct theres been a slow shift at hanson. Slowly turning into a training center.....already lost several weeks due to training.

Oh and to the redneck shit go join a range in newton or wesley or some other non redneck place. Clays dont look bad as they seldom last a few days before they are turned into dust. Un like the trap range where they just pile up

I hope Hanson rod and gun is not an awful club. I just became a member there last week, because I read it was a good club. Was Holbrook a better option?

I hope Hanson rod and gun is not an awful club. I just became a member there last week, because I read it was a good club. Was Holbrook a better option?

I have been a member for 6 years prior to this year and I used to love it. Up until my last range visit last December when I was crucified for putting a clay on the berm the range has been great. But I hadn't been that often earlier and found out that day about the "sweeping changes" to the policies. Good riddance, when you give memberships out like candy for the revenue this is what happens, sweeping change. They may as well rent it out daily at this point.

The crying girl was upset because she wanted to go do one of her favorite things to do with her father.
You're completely missing the point. It's not about some crying kid. It's about building future generations of shooters and gun owners.
Merits of the situation (pro and con) and my sincere feelings for the upset child notwithstanding; no laws, regulations or rules should ever be made based on whether or not they might upset a child. If that ever became the criteria, this country would be in even worse trouble than we are now.

Funny we had a good run at Hanson before the influx of new members. We were self policing and had fun with the sport, now there's talk of a barrier across the rifle line (no more shooting prone) and I'm sure magazine limits are next. So yeah, I have an attitude that my beloved range as been, for lack of a better term gentrified. Good riddance they can have it. We don't even have a safety light system at the other range in a member at.... Meanwhile no one gets hollered at for shooting clays..... At a gun range. My attitude here pales in comparison to how I and others have been treated by wanna be range officers on a power trip...

COME ON BOSTON SHOOTING PRONE IS SO REDNECK[thinking] CMP IMHO is all but dead at hanson once steve and paul move on from running it.
Then the question will be where did all theammo go..... Ohh yeah hanson has not been affiliated club for a long time

Merits of the situation (pro and con) and my sincere feelings for the upset child notwithstanding; no laws, regulations or rules should ever be made based on whether or not they might upset a child. If that ever became the criteria, this country would be in even worse trouble than we are now.
Completely understood and that was not the context of my reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom