9mm Glock or .45?

they all have pros and cons..

glock 26...if it fits your hands its an amazing gun, very conceal friendly with its smaller grip and can use glock 19, 17, and 33 rd sticks if need be, cons.. none.. own two of em just cause they are that good.
glock 19...good range and ccw gun if the 26 is not your cup of with its small grip.. holds lots of rounds and easy to shoot.. same...
glock 30...almost the same size as your 19, but in a nice .45.. its my winter carry gun when i don't have to worry about that slab of a gun printing out of tight fit shirts and jeans and is covered by a jacket.. though thats probably not your problem..

don't discount the 21...softest shooting 45 i have ever shot and my primary HD gun..

Last edited:
Stopping power is bullshit.

If you already have a carry gun, get a full size shooter like a G17/34 or a G21/41. I think I am going to buy myself a G21 for Christmas as a suppressor host.

Keep and use the G23 for CC, then get a full size 9mm as a fun shooter. The G17 would be nice, the G34 would be better. Then shoot, shoot, shoot. The money you save on ammo in the first year would be enough to buy the .45 so essentially by buying the 9mm now it would be like getting a FREE G21 or G41 later. How can you beat that???

G20 and G29. Soft 10mm loads are the perfect balance in the 9 vs. 45 debate. Can get a longslide for the 20 for hot loads as well.

I have a G19 and G30 and pretty soon you will too. :) Glocks have a tendency to multiply. I'd personally start with a 19 or 17 so you can shoot cheaper, and then add a G21/G30/G36 when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9mm if you are a bad shooter, 45 if you can shoot

Doesnt matter how good of a shooter you are on the range. when the feathers hit the fan, even the highly trained members of the military have a hard time hitting your target. When I qualify with thearmy, I usually shoot expert (36/40) or better. but when you get into theater, you may unload a bunch of rounds before you actually hit a haji.

IMO, just wait to the single stack 9MM comes out in a few months. Im sure it will be worth the wait anyway. and it better be the same price point as the 42.

Glock 30 is good to carry but can be a bit blocky and bulky at times. if you want .45 go with the 36.

Everyone needs a 9mm for cheap practice. My 9mm 1911 is my go to gun for club league and general range fun. Every 1000rds through that gun is a $170 savings compared to .45ACP. Yes, i could get bulk ammo for less, but i generally just run into walmart, grab a value pack of white box and have some fun. As a whole 9mm is cheap, easy to shoot well, and powerful enough. It's like the Toyota Camry of calibers.

I have a G36 as a compact carry .45. It does have a decent amount of recoil, but when you send a 230gr slug out of a 20oz gun, that's to be expected. I use the index finger on my support hand in front of the trigger guard, talon granulated (sandpaper) grips, and XS trijicon combat style night sights. With a little trigger time, you can shoot it fast and accurate...it just takes more skill to be proficient with it, and that's even more important with the 6+1 capacity. To me there's just something sexy about a .45, but it certainly has drawbacks (cost & capacity).

If you don't have a 9mm for range/carry use, i'd buy that first. The G26 is smaller and holds 4 more rounds when compared with the 36...and the 30 is basically the same size as the 19, more than i'm willing to carry around under normal circumstances.

This weekend I finally convinced myself to move up from a 9mm to 45ACP. I loose one round, but gain huge in the stopping power. The 45 I switched to is slightly wider, 3/4" longer and a little heavier. But it actually feels a little better on my hip.
Like the saying says-
GO BIG OR GO HOME......

they all have pros and cons..

glock 26...if it fits your hands its an amazing gun, very conceal friendly with its smaller grip and can use glock 19, 17, and 33 rd sticks if need be, cons.. none.. own two of em just cause they are that good.
glock 19...good range and ccw gun if the 26 is not your cup of with its small grip.. holds lots of rounds and easy to shoot.. same...
glock 30...almost the same size as your 19, but in a nice .45.. its my winter carry gun when i don't have to worry about that slab of a gun printing out of tight fit shirts and jeans and is covered by a jacket.. though thats probably not your problem..

don't discount the 21...softest shooting 45 i have ever shot and my primary HD gun..

^^^ This ^^^

If you have small hands as you mentioned go with the 26, large hands the 30 is a dream..... Personally, of all the Glocks I own, the Glock 30 is my favorite. Accuracy is incredible and very soft shooting.

I'm going to be buying a new Glock, but I can't decide which I want. I already have a Glock 23 and now I want another one. I haven't decided on the model yet because I need to decide on the caliber first. It will be used for CC and shooting I currently carry the 23 I have.
I know the pro's and cons of each caliber and frankly they offset each other for what I use them for so that's not going to play a part in my decision. I'm not going to say which way I'm leaning, but I'm not leaning very far.

Maybe I'll wait until after January for the single stack 9mm. Wait what?

Okay, it's been a week now and I can't wait until after January, so, have you made up your damn mind yet? [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom