• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm Glock or .45?

dhuze

NES Member
An island surrounded by land on three sides
I'm going to be buying a new Glock, but I can't decide which I want. I already have a Glock 23 and now I want another one. I haven't decided on the model yet because I need to decide on the caliber first. It will be used for CC and shooting I currently carry the 23 I have.
I know the pro's and cons of each caliber and frankly they offset each other for what I use them for so that's not going to play a part in my decision. I'm not going to say which way I'm leaning, but I'm not leaning very far.

Maybe I'll wait until after January for the single stack 9mm. Wait what?

Last edited:
I'm going to be buying a new Glock, but I can't decide which I want. I already have a Glock 23 and now I want another one. I haven't decided on the model yet because I need to decide on the caliber first. It will be used for CC and shooting I currently carry the 23 I have.
I know the pro's and cons of each caliber and frankly they offset each other for what I use them for so that's not going to play a part in my decision. I'm not going to say which way I'm leaning, but I'm not leaning very far.

Maybe I'll wait until after January for the single stack 9mm. Wait what?

Buy a Glock 30 or 30s and a 9mm conversion barrel for the G23.

Where abouts in RI are you?

I have 3 in 9mm (17, 19, 26) and 2 in .45acp (21, 30) You are welcome to test drive any/all of them if you're not too far away.

G30 is much easier to conceal than my G21, plus I can use a 13 round mag in the G30 or for backup, which is a big advantage over the G36.

The 36 is the only glock besides the 42 that doesn't badically have the same parts as its larger version. If I were you grab a 19 barrell and mages now you've got 2 in one frame. That being said I own the 19,26,21,30, and 41 they are all great. The 30 is more like the size of the 19/23 than it is the 26/27

.45 so you don't have to shoot em twice [troll]

I will refrain from starting another caliber "stopping power" war but I will say this: 9mm is cheaper and holds more rounds.

G19 if you want to carry it and want a good range gun. Later on you can get a G21 and a G30. [wink]

Buy a Glock 30 or 30s and a 9mm conversion barrel for the G23.

This^^

lonewolf barrel for your G23 to run 9mm, then either a G30 or G21 to launch the 230gr meatballs

IMO barrel length is important especially for .45 since its slightly velocity-handicapped. i really dig the G21 or G41 for this reason.

It seems like the consensus is man up, split the difference, and get the 10mm G29 Gen 4.

Now we're talkin'! A buddy just got a G20 and loves it. He shot bowling pins with it, and when he connected with a good shot, they literally flew off of the table, even towards the end when they were full of lead.

It seems like the consensus is man up, split the difference, and get the 10mm G29 Gen 4.

If you really want to man up, get a Rowland .460 conversion for either the G21 or G30. A 230 grain .460 moves at 1,340 ft/s with 930 ft·lbf of ME. It makes the 10mm look anemic (sort of like a 9mm). [smile]

Back
Top Bottom