8mm mauser ammo

Bump for any recent deals.

33 cents per round is now the target we're shooting for here!

cheapest I seen is 27 cents ea. I also believe they still have it in stock cause it just aint good. Iranian stuff. I personally have not seen any bulk surplus in the south shore area ever. Heck not even seeing new factory fodder PPU once in a great while but to expensive around here. I said screw it ordered 100 PPU new brass, I scored some nosler custom comp bullets cheap earlier this year. Heck I almost bought berdan primers to reload the brass cased "sniper" surplus ammo I got....which shoots darn good out of my crusty bore K98.

There is brand new Romanian available. It is non corrosive but it is almost $1 a round. It is similar to the 70's spam can Romanian but not as dirty.

I have not seen much locally.
I have Hugo m75 cost me .54/rnd shipped nice ammo vs the brass washed steel cased stuff I had before. I also tried the Romanian steel cased on clips 340rnd/155$ it was ok but did not group well.
ppu can be found for 17$/20 not a great deal but it is a big cal. Reloading is costly for 8mm. I have not seen a decent price on 8mm bullets in a long time.

should be plenty at the show in Wilmington next weekend, I would look to pay between 40-50 cents/round depending on steel or brass cased.

H-S Trading in Auburn had it today for $19.something for 20 rounds. That's almost a buck a round. I passed. I thought this stuff was supposed to be at stupidly low SURPLUS prices.

H-S Trading in Auburn had it today for $19.something for 20 rounds. That's almost a buck a round. I passed. I thought this stuff was supposed to be at stupidly low SURPLUS prices.

Surplus is generally .50ish per round... PPU new production is 16.50/20 rnds the cheapest I found.
So I would think if the shop doesn't turn over 8mm they will hang a high tag on it.

This was PPU, but who the heck are they? Not Remington or Winchester, that's for sure. Anyhow, $19.xx for 20 seemed high to me.

Where's Wilmington again? Is that up near Andover or Peabody or somewhere in N.E. MA?

This was PPU, but who the heck are they? Not Remington or Winchester, that's for sure. Anyhow, $19.xx for 20 seemed high to me.

Where's Wilmington again? Is that up near Andover or Peabody or somewhere in N.E. MA?

PPU is Prvi Partizan and I would shoot that any day before I shot the weak and under powered Winchester and Remington. Europe 8MM is loaded to traditional standards, not dumbed down like the US ammo in 8MM.

PPU 8mm is awesome. Glenn's in North Reading typically has some.

Wilmington is near Andover and North Reading. Basically you go 93 north a couple of exits north of 128/95 and you're at the venue.

Not going to drive inside 495, north of 2, or past the Quabbin to buy this. Want 10 minutes from Worcester any direction, and much better than a buck a shot. Thanks.

Not likely you'll want to drive down to SE CT, but I have ample .323" diameter bullets (125gr to 220gr), if you want to sit down and reload something special. I have limited brass on hand, however. I can reload the Turkish, Czech and Romanian cases, too, if need be. I suppose i should add that I have 100 meters on-site, too.
There's a sportsman's swap meet coming in Bozrah, CT on the 18th of April, too. Don't know how to attach here, so look at this post over on CTGuntalk...
http://www.ctguntalk.com/smf/index.php/topic,37639.0.html

Last edited:
You also need to remember that PPU/Privi is new ammunition, not surplus. It has boxer primed reloadable brass, and soft-point, not FMJ bullets.

Back
Top Bottom