• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

80% Glock 17 Frame - Build Your Own Glock Frame

once these guys start selling kits will fully machined slide rails, then I will be interested.

once these guys start selling kits will fully machined slide rails, then I will be interested.

On the full size frame the front rails are metal and incorporated into the locking block and you have to mill out the rear slide rails from the plastic frame, but on the new compact frame both the front and rear rails are both metal - the front still being part of the locking block and the rear a stainless steel unit held in place by the trigger housing and a pin.

A much better system than the full size that I imagine should be just as durable as a regular Glock.

Last edited:
My biggest reason for not doing the full size was the plastic rear frame rails. I thought that was a bad piece of engineering. Now do I want another compact? Hmmm

just finished my build..when you do it, make sure the recoil spring slot is, cleared. i did a dry fit with just the rails and and locking block..it functioned fine until i did a finally assaembly, the recoil spring was getting caught up some how and causing the slide to bind..i sanded it down some more and it works perfect, didnt even use a dremal, sand paper and small clippers and a small file set this is the compact model i did

Last edited:
Just got my untextured one in the mail. The molding and fit and finish are much better as previously noted. Can't wait to get it running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I just built one with a dedicated 22 conversion. All I used were a dremel, punches and a good vise.
ZlO3r4l.jpg

N7ojlwc.jpg

rXRj6eq.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170422_002420.jpg
    IMG_20170422_002420.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 37
i just swaped mine over from my gen 3, my buddies is a zev dragon fly slide..i believe he got it from brownells. if you shop around theres plenty of places selling aftermarket slides and oem

So after I build this in Mass I will have to register on the FRB/fa10 site, can I use the serial number on the slide/barrel or do I need to put my own number on the frame?

I just put 1000 rounds through my dedicated .22lr glock. Had a few double feeds, light primer strikes and failure to extract during the first 500 rounds. After I sprayed the upper internals with clp, it functioned flawlessly on the last 500. Total cost of the project was
$150(Frame)
$50(Lower parts kit)
$300(complete 22lr slide with 1 magazine)
$27(extra magazine)
Around $530 not including existing tools.(Punches,dremel,vise)

Last edited:
I just put 1000 rounds through my dedicated .22lr glock. Had a few double feeds, light primer strikes and failure to extract during the first 500 rounds. After I sprayed the upper internals with clp, it functioned flawlessly on the last 500. Total cost of the project was
$150(Frame)
$50(Lower parts kit)
$300(complete 22lr slide with 1 magazine)
$27(extra magazine)
Around $530 not including existing tools.(Punches,dremel,vise)

what .22lr slide did you use? i'm looking at advantage arms, ceiner and tactical solutions

I have the Advantage Arms kit for compact frames (19. 23, etc). Works well. I don't use it much these days though; make me an offer if you're interested.

I'm talking about buying all the parts online and finishing it out. Since the serial wouldn't be on the frame, Could you still register it? (I realize this may be a question people don't want to answer because of my low post count, I understand if this is the case)

Last edited:
Cape - YES.

YES, you can register a firearm using the eFA-10 portal. You can even register one you build yourself.

I just wasn't sure since it wouldn't have a loaded chamber indicator and glocks are a no fly zone! Thanks for the info. I'll probably tackle one of these this summer

Last edited:
I just wasn't sure since it wouldn't have a loaded chamber indicator and glocks are a no fly zone! Thanks for the info. I'll probably tackle one of these this summer

Absolutely none of that matters to you as a gun owner in MA, CMR940, EOPS testing, etc, are only binding against dealers in the context of dealer based sales or transfer of firearms. Outside of that context, that stuff is irrelevant.

ETA: If a dealer were to sell you a new glock in MA tomorrow, it's not illegal for you to own, and keep it. The state might go after the dealer, but that's not your problem.

-Mike

Absolutely none of that matters to you as a gun owner in MA, CMR940, EOPS testing, etc, are only binding against dealers in the context of dealer based sales or transfer of firearms. Outside of that context, that stuff is irrelevant.

ETA: If a dealer were to sell you a new glock in MA tomorrow, it's not illegal for you to own, and keep it. The state might go after the dealer, but that's not your problem.

-Mike

until our POS AG changes the "rules" again, in which it still won't matter

Back
Top Bottom