• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

80% Glock 17 Frame - Build Your Own Glock Frame

There is a metal insert that acts as the locking bar and allows the rails, so it's not 100% plastic. Price was north of $100 and they are still working on dies.

Scary looking, macho logo and intimidating name...

I'm in.

7plfWKW.jpg

I was thinking about dumping my Punisher pistol grips anyways.

Last time I bought one of those Glock 7's, I blew a whole months salary.

This can't last...

Probably will end up like that polymer AR 80% lower that was made by the company that got closed by the ATF.

If this is for real, anybody can own a G17 type gun and nobody would be the wiser.

Expect a group buy from the gangs of Chi-Raq.

This IS a BIG deal though!!!

[popcorn]

Last edited:
I never thought I'd say this, but for all the silliness the ATF is known for restricting, they seem to be sticking to the rules they have written.

Most .gov, at least in MA skirt the law.

I never thought I'd say this, but for all the silliness the ATF is known for restricting, they seem to be sticking to the rules they have written.

Most .gov, at least in MA skirt the law.

Not sure if serious, they've reneged on things on more than one occasion...

Total sarcasm. They giveth and taketh whenever they wanteth. It sucks.

Still, someone's gonna get the idea for a group buy and 80% frame drilling party.
They are a wee bit fickle at times. :)

I'd love to go to an 80% party with this frame.

I'd also like to do an 80% party for some of the 10/22 frames that are out there.

I'm probably gonna give this a shot. I'll post a step by step thread with pics when if/when it arrives (looks like after Jan 2016).

If my crowdfunding history was better, I'd probably jump on this. As it is, I will wait until they are in production and pay full price. Maybe even wait for the 2nd generation to work out the initial bugs.

I ordered one as I have multiple Glocks I can use to see how well it works right away. I like the idea of the 1911 type grip as I really have a problem with the standard Glock grip and point of aim. I have to crank my wrists down to get the sights to line up correctly whereas almost any other pistol lines up immediately for me.

I'll report back when I am done. I'll probably finish it with a dremel type drill press unless I can find my mini lathe/drill press in storage.

I had a very successful experience with the Polymer 80 AR-15 lower I machined. They seem to be really straight up guys who are responsive to their customers. They say the Glock 17 compatible, Gen 3 frame will be much easier to machine and I had no trouble with the AR build. I ordered one of these and they have extended the pre-production deal through the end of the year. They have received the ATF 80% approval letter on the prototype they submitted so production model should fly also

I ordered one as I have multiple Glocks I can use to see how well it works right away. I like the idea of the 1911 type grip as I really have a problem with the standard Glock grip and point of aim. I have to crank my wrists down to get the sights to line up correctly whereas almost any other pistol lines up immediately for me.

I bet if you hold an HK VP9 it probably lines up great. [laugh] I point the ****ing things at the ground (P30, VP9, etc.) Glocks also are high for me but if I push my hands out the sight comes natrually right where I want it. Too high is way less awkward to correct than too low. Sig, 1911, are pretty close to being neutral.

-Mike

Am I the only one that noted that it mimics a 1911 frame....how is it supposed to accept Glock magazines unless there is a substantial dead air space in the magwell?

Sorry to be a bigger buzzkill than buzz killington but you can't have it all....

Am I the only one that noted that it mimics a 1911 frame....how is it supposed to accept Glock magazines unless there is a substantial dead air space in the magwell?

Sorry to be a bigger buzzkill than buzz killington but you can't have it all....

the angle of the mag is less drastic, it's more like 1911 than Glock if Glock grips were not Glock ... Glock

69bace24.jpg

I am interested in this, just a general question but if running in competition would you be bumped up to ESP or even CDP?
It depends on the upper, I would think if you ran a G34 slide assembly, none would be the wiser. If you ran a 17L, things might be different.

It all depends if it still fits the "box" rule.

Last edited:
Interesting thread
$136 and it's coming out in less than 3 weeks they say
I wonder if it will work with a gen 2 upper just to try it out.
Their 80% AR lower is similar to others, I found one at Tennessee arms with a brass threaded insert for the buffer
If anyone tries this pistol lower, let us know if it works out.

Interesting thread
$136 and it's coming out in less than 3 weeks they say
I wonder if it will work with a gen 2 upper just to try it out.
Their 80% AR lower is similar to others, I found one at Tennessee arms with a brass threaded insert for the buffer
If anyone tries this pistol lower, let us know if it works out.
I'm definitely curious about this lower. I might grab one to try out within the next few months. I'll post an update if I do.

This will likely lead to the end of non ffl transactions in 80% lowers on the state level in moonbat states. You know for the childrens.

This will likely lead to the end of non ffl transactions in 80% lowers on the state level in moonbat states. You know for the childrens.

I wouldn't be too surprised. I'd expect it to happen in California first.

And how exactly would that be enforced? No serial numbers, remember.

What would that law even look like? It would have to be so broad that a pack of gum might be considered a "firearm".

And how exactly would that be enforced? No serial numbers, remember.

What would that law even look like? It would have to be so broad that a pack of gum might be considered a "firearm".
They'll cook up some decent definitions. The state AG would simply harass anyone selling 80% lowers to the subjects of their state. Think of how the MA AG hassles anyone selling ammunition through the mail to MA subjects. Make selling an 80% lower in the state a felony with repurcussions akin to selling firearms without a license and you'll cut it down in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom