.50 BMG gatling gun OMFG

i would love to see the impact area during firing.. especially a bunch of jihadists..

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. That is the best away imaginable to blow about $1,000 per minute in ammo.

LOL Keep going up...

- - - Updated - - -

It is amazing to me the engineering that went into that....recoil looks very minimal.

Its bolted to the truck, the truck takes the recoil.. you can see the truck shift a bit when he is firing.. im sure the heli guy has to lean into it a bit..

Interesting optic on it though. That looks like one huge Eotech.

I would imagine it's probably infrared thermal imaging. In my experience, they (MIL) love the stuff.

Wow. That is the best away imaginable to blow about $1,000 per minute in ammo.

Wikipedia says the humvee kit will do 1,300 ROUNDS per minute. At civilian prices, thats more like $5,200/minute.

Last edited:
It comes with its own ammo vending machine that accepts only $10,000 bills...

+1
How many civilians could actually afford to pull the trigger for just one minute? From what I can tell, rate of fire is 1300 rounds per minute. At a bargain price of $3/round, that's $3,900 per minute. Yikes!

Surprised at the rate of fire that contraption has with the BMG. Also surprised the design can take that sort of abuse. The tri barrel configuration doesn't look beefy enough. I'd give it three more barrels with extra support. [wink]

Please Santa, PLEASE!!!

And WTF were the sparks flying around the shooter starting at about 0:58??? It looked like the vehicle was taking hits but I didn't see any impact marks. What were those from?

Probably simulated fire that was graphically edited into the film later

It is amazing to me the engineering that went into that....recoil looks very minimal.

I noticed that also. You ever see camera footage when an Apache tries to hit things with it's chain gun? It's almost useless because there is so much recoil and bouncing with it.

I used to make parts for G.D.... i dropped some parts off at one of these places . Lady at the desk was like "I go around back and go to the loading dock door". There was 3 doors and 3 loading docks. I went to the wrong door I guess cause I started getting screamed at when I open it and walked in . Didn't see any thing . Had no idea they made stuff like this tho.

GD has many DARPA and top secret projects pretty much all the time.

GD has many DARPA and top secret projects pretty much all the time.

I new they did government work but most of the stuff I did for them was brackets to hold electronics .a lot of times working in machine shops you have no idea what the part is . I made this one part that looked like a round section of a I beam . I randomly dropped some off at a slik screen shop and the guy told me it was for missiles .

Last edited:
I would imagine it's probably infrared thermal imaging. In my experience, they (MIL) love the stuff.

Wikipedia says the humvee kit will do 1,300 ROUNDS per minute. At civilian prices, thats more like $5,200/minute.

Wowza! And I thought that I was over-estimating!!!

i would love to see the impact area during firing.. especially a bunch of jihadists..

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Keep going up...

- - - Updated - - -

Its bolted to the truck, the truck takes the recoil.. you can see the truck shift a bit when he is firing.. im sure the heli guy has to lean into it a bit..

The average recoil force when firing is 500 pounds-force (2.2 kN).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAU-19

Got to be hard on the pedals in a helicopter so it doesn't start auto-rotating when you fire that thing.

Ha ha, thats why you need two, or four [smile]

Also as mush as im not a helicopter pilot i always thought that auto-rotating was when you loose power and are going down,

IIRC just before tuchdown you pull up on your collective or add pitch to the rotor blades and it will use your the rotation energy that blades gained from the decent to slow you down and make a soft landing

I'm no helicopter jockey either but isn't autorotating when you lose power to the rear rotor so the craft will start to spin? If you lose power and are going down you will lose power to both rotors hence the spinning?

Back
Top Bottom