.44 magnum ruger autoloader rifle

I saw this at my friends house yesterday, I cant find it on the Ruger webpage. Is it discontinued or somthing?

Also:

I know the mini 14 is a hi cap rifle, what about the mini 30? (I am guessing it is)

Also:

Does anyone have the PDF of all the high capacity weapons roster?

The Mini-14/30 being an FID eligible rifle is an issue which ends up often
being hotly debated. Since neither one of these was nominally offered
with a large capacity magazine installed from the factory, it shouldn't
be a problem. That being said, a lot of dealers probably won't sell you
either one on an FID. (Course I've also seen a lot of dealers not sell
people a ruger 10/22, either. )

IMO instead of getting aggravated, just buy an M1 Garand. :) IMO the M1
is the best rifle you can get if your stuck with an FID card, bar none. [grin]

-Mike

It's the Ruger Deerfield Carbine, and as far as I know you can only get 4 round mags for it. I thought it was still in production, but all I could find on their website was a manual.

Ruger had two differnt 44 mag auto loaders. the older moel, the deerfield, had the tubular magazine and while a great gun, had some issues and was eventually dropped from production. A few years back, they introduced the 99/44 which had a removeable magazine similar to that of the 10/22 and 77/2 models. This one too was discontinued, due very likely to lack of sales. (ppl want super, short ultra max magnums now for those huge, tough game animals) The .44 mags would make great brush guns and for down south, great pig guns. Both are still easily found. I know Kittery has an older one in very nice shape w/ box and all - $600 I think they want.

Back
Top Bottom