3D printing

It’s like comparing an apple to a pc computer with an early version of Linux where every setting and driver needs to be configured manually. It’s a lot. Usually there are reference setups to use as starting points but nothing available for this unfortunately.

It’s running. What hung me up was an M83 command in my start print macro that sent the extruder into a tizzy every time it printed.

Wiring is a mess, I’m on my third Octopus Pro board, third z motor, and second extruder motor. Some of it is my fault due to very conflicting info online for pinouts, voltage, and config settings. Also think my x & y wires were way too long amongst the rats near of power wires.

But it’s printing at 2-300mm/s right now. I redesigned a few parts to fit my setup that need to be printed and installed. Once that is done I will start printing the electronics box so I can move all this crap out, organize the wires, and properly electronic things.

IMG_3097.jpeg

Now it is printing the chamber air filter that will also act as an exhaust fan.
On the immediate horizon: CAN bus, Tiny Fan board, CPAP cooling, and Beacon probe/bed scanner. That will allow me to run speed tests and tune the belts for faster speeds. One of the guys broke the 6 minute Benchy mark last night.

Then I start printing the new parts to accommodate the CR10 310mm bed that should come available in the next few weeks.

It’s like comparing an apple to a pc computer with an early version of Linux where every setting and driver needs to be configured manually. It’s a lot. Usually there are reference setups to use as starting points but nothing available for this unfortunately.
That's why there was a market for Dremel Digilab, and there is a market today for BambuLab X1.

Some people, as unlikely as it seems, want their hobby to be printing stuff, not tinkering with recalcitrant FDM printers.

That's why there was a market for Dremel Digilab, and there is a market today for BambuLab X1.

Some people, as unlikely as it seems, want their hobby to be printing stuff, not tinkering with recalcitrant FDM printers.

Agreed. And I thought about that while doing this.

I could have easily bought a Bambu instead. I would have had to get rid of this bc there’s no space but I would have had a perfectly fine printer.

Perhaps I’m too stubborn for that, idk. I would absolutely have one as a second, reliable printer to print parts for the main beast.

Back
Top Bottom